The path of the Apprentice

Hi guys and girls,

I have decided to let you know with this message here, so I don't copy/paste it every time in messages and answer questions I've already answered. Since a long time I was around JKA, FileFront and the JKHub community. Indeed I am nobody to speak or to say anything to anyone, mostly because we don't know each others in private and outside of the Star Wars universe. I am not a modeller, I cannot create models from scratch, but for the past time I have been trying to bring joy to some fans over here by creating or at least trying to create some characters/models, that are so called Kitbashed models, Frankensteins, Re-skinned characters or simply ported conted in some cases to provide joy here and there, while other people around are not capable to spend so much time to model all those requests from scratch for reasons I respect and only they can reveal if it is needed. I am not blaiming anyone or anything, maybe sometimes I have been rude and maybe sometimes I was too polite, perhaps even sometimes I may have caused problems or cross over some rules on the JKHub. For all that I am sorry if you were in the way and had to deal with me. But it happens to all of us at some point, because life is a bitch as you probably know it.
Ok so here is my message to everyone. I have been really happy to be around and to help around with whatever I could provide. I am happy that I met some amazing people in here, from modellers, texture artists to what not. I am also happy that some people were inspired in one way or another from me and if this is so I can only wish them a really good luck, patience with whatever they are good at and to keep it up. Currently I started since the beginning of 2017 a new job, part time position which is good and gives me more free time to work on my own projects. Those own projects are the fan movie, which is not dead, but takes a bit more time in the process than I thought and inteded to spend. And most of all my Solo project AEDelric (Gothic-Industrial). Since now I am in the post-production process with the band on our debut studio album I am going to spend more time in there and less time over here. I am not going to leave my account, this page or anything like that, because I like to keep an eye on what's going on in here.
I will continue to release something, but in a much longer time period so I am not going to take on requests and will not spend time to create some single player character customizing options for models. Also there are some links for models in my profile that were connected with my dead accoutns on DropBox and Mega.NZ so you can't download them, for example such one is the Starkiller Pack, but you can searc for other models in this page or ask people around who have them, or just search a little bit more in the download sections, like @@The Punisher have been so kind to provide a download in the JKHub with my Starkiller pack with some fixes he made for few models that were not working properly. Also another reason to step back for a while is to give a chance to new members on JKHub to try on their own to create something new from scratch or at least to try learn the basics of programs such as Blender and make some new kitbashes for example.

Cheers to all.

Dark_Apprentice

BTW I tried a while ago the so called "CrazyTalk 8" by Reallusion (the same guys that made iClone). In the version 8 you are able to create a model again on the same methods, from 2D photo to a 3D model, maybe a little bit more accurate than what iClone can offers you. However there is a big problem with the exporting of this model, because when you export it directly from CrazyTalk8 it's on it's own file formant and cannot be used in Blender/Maya/3DsMax or other programs even if you try to convert it with Noesis still doesn't work. I managed by using the free demo versions of both "CrazyTalk 8" and "iClone 6's Character Creator" to export the model inside the Character Creator, so that I can export it again, but as .OBJ file and here are the 2 problems that stopped me, but I can provide the raw model to whoever wants to work on it.

1. After exporting the model inside Character Creator > the models looks slightly different from what it's original looks are inside CrazyTalk 8. You might tweak the head details but as far as I tried doesn't work so good as I would like it to.

2. No freaking idea why, but always the side of the heads created in CrazyTalk 8 (even with a good reference photos) look like Orcs with messed up nose and skull. So I did it only on the fornt side, but still doesn't look as good in Blender as .OBJ (also the head itself is no less than 3K verts!) IF someone ( @@Jeff , @@Kualan @@Seven) is willing to take the model further will have to make some big changes so it can look a bit normal and human-ish before deforming it into lower vert parts to work for JKA.

TiRz2V5.jpg

P.S. I am using as reference images,some screenshots I've made, based on the CGI recreation of Peter Cushing for Rogue One.

Edited by dark_apprentice

My own attempt for Grand Moff Tarkin. I am using HapSlash imperial officer body for JKOutcast and the model works for both JKO & JKA.
The head is created with the free demo version of Reallusion Crazy Talk 8 (the better software of iClone). Head is having some small neck weight issues, works good in Single Player.

Hair is from the "Force Arena" Tarkin (mobile game) and yes, I also made for myself the Force Arena version, because lately as I get older and bolder i start to like this character.
 I am not going to release the Force Arena version since @@Kualan already made it and will be in his amazing imperial pack. The CrazyTalk-8 head that I have created is based on Rogue One photos over the internet, however due to the 'DEMO' version of this software when using any kind of profile image of both Peter Cushing and Guy Henry it becomes awkward looking head, so I just "rip-off" the front photos.

In the end... yes I love the model created from Force Arena, but just wanted to finish mine.

Download: Dark_Apprentice's Tarkin

revOH2N.jpg

66MUFON.jpg

QnoknjI.jpg

CNr8mzQ.jpg

Force Arena (Left on your screen) // DA's Tarkin (Right on your screen)

vf0wAEo.jpg

inside JKA:

nqsgCIt.jpg

Both:

pHwQbox.jpg

My own attempt for Grand Moff Tarkin. I am using HapSlash imperial officer body for JKOutcast and the model works for both JKO & JKA.

The head is created with the free demo version of Reallusion Crazy Talk 8 (the better software of iClone). Head is having some small neck weight issues, works good in Single Player.

Hair is from the "Force Arena" Tarkin (mobile game) and yes, I also made for myself the Force Arena version, because lately as I get older and bolder i start to like this character.

I am not going to release the Force Arena version since @@Kualan already made it and will be in his amazing imperial pack. The CrazyTalk-8 head that I have created is based on Rogue One photos over the internet, however due to the 'DEMO' version of this software when using any kind of profile image of both Peter Cushing and Guy Henry it becomes awkward looking head, so I just "rip-off" the front photos.

In the end... yes I love the model created from Force Arena, but just wanted to finish mine.

revOH2N.jpg

66MUFON.jpg

QnoknjI.jpg

CNr8mzQ.jpg

vf0wAEo.jpg

inside JKA:

nqsgCIt.jpg

Both:

pHwQbox.jpg

Now THIS looks like Tarkin! Good job.

dark_apprentice likes this

revOH2N.jpg

66MUFON.jpg

QnoknjI.jpg

CNr8mzQ.jpg

vf0wAEo.jpg

inside JKA:

nqsgCIt.jpg

Both:

pHwQbox.jpg

Excellent Job!!!!

:winkthumb:

revOH2N.jpg

66MUFON.jpg

QnoknjI.jpg

CNr8mzQ.jpg

vf0wAEo.jpg

inside JKA:

nqsgCIt.jpg

Both:

pHwQbox.jpg

Face looks hella wierd with the hair, but other than that good job.

Yes it looks "good" because of the photo that is ripped right on the head model, but indeed it looks a bit strange with the hair, because it's not modified to match the hair. Also if you turn the head in profile, you will see just the default shape from Crazy Talk 8's human male, as I mentioned because of the demo version of the software the profile ripping of a 2D photo to a 3D doesn't look anything close or good as the front one. But thanks anyway. BTW anyone feeling and willing to can modify the model.

Hi guys and girls,

I have decided to let you know with this message here, so I don't copy/paste it every time in messages and answer questions I've already answered. Since a long time I was around JKA, FileFront and the JKHub community. Indeed I am nobody to speak or to say anything to anyone, mostly because we don't know each others in private and outside of the Star Wars universe. I am not a modeller, I cannot create models from scratch, but for the past time I have been trying to bring joy to some fans over here by creating or at least trying to create some characters/models, that are so called Kitbashed models, Frankensteins, Re-skinned characters or simply ported conted in some cases to provide joy here and there, while other people around are not capable to spend so much time to model all those requests from scratch for reasons I respect and only they can reveal if it is needed. I am not blaiming anyone or anything, maybe sometimes I have been rude and maybe sometimes I was too polite, perhaps even sometimes I may have caused problems or cross over some rules on the JKHub. For all that I am sorry if you were in the way and had to deal with me. But it happens to all of us at some point, because life is a bitch as you probably know it.

Ok so here is my message to everyone. I have been really happy to be around and to help around with whatever I could provide. I am happy that I met some amazing people in here, from modellers, texture artists to what not. I am also happy that some people were inspired in one way or another from me and if this is so I can only wish them a really good luck, patience with whatever they are good at and to keep it up. Currently I started since the beginning of 2017 a new job, part time position which is good and gives me more free time to work on my own projects. Those own projects are the fan movie, which is not dead, but takes a bit more time in the process than I thought and inteded to spend. And most of all my Solo project AEDelric (Gothic-Industrial). Since now I am in the post-production process with the band on our debut studio album I am going to spend more time in there and less time over here. I am not going to leave my account, this page or anything like that, because I like to keep an eye on what's going on in here.

I will continue to release something, but in a much longer time period so I am not going to take on requests and will not spend time to create some single player character customizing options for models. Also there are some links for models in my profile that were connected with my dead accoutns on DropBox and Mega.NZ so you can't download them, for example such one is the Starkiller Pack, but you can searc for other models in this page or ask people around who have them, or just search a little bit more in the download sections, like @@The Punisher have been so kind to provide a download in the JKHub with my Starkiller pack with some fixes he made for few models that were not working properly. Also another reason to step back for a while is to give a chance to new members on JKHub to try on their own to create something new from scratch or at least to try learn the basics of programs such as Blender and make some new kitbashes for example.

Cheers to all.

Dark_Apprentice

@@GPChannel and to everyone else that wants or thinks to request. Read the message above.

The Punisher and JAWSFreelao like this

I think he should be more damaged :)

It's like 15 years After "Revenge of the Sith" all those years Vader might be using the Bacta to heal himself a lot more often than we know. Remember, that in "Return of the Jedi" the great portrait of Anakin after his redemption, performed by Sebastian Shaw shows us, that Vader is almost cured from the burnings and just having couple of scars here and there, most likely from the painful helmet.

JAWSFreelao likes this

I think he should be more damaged :)

Truly. 

Vader in Rogue One is still a ruinous mess. 

darthvaderrogueone9.jpg

darthvaderrogueone11.jpg

darthvaderrogueone12.jpg

21981fda3234239e363a66cbd78dcbfe.jpg

By the time of ROTJ he's not much better, he's still pale, gaunt and severely damaged. 

I'd say no amount of Bacta could've saved Anakin Skywalker, it was either this suit or a premature death. 

Obi-Wan essentially killed any chance Anakin had to live normally when he let him burn. 

I find the idea that he's buffed up and mostly repaired in the areas that he's kept not only silly but backwards in terms of the moral lesson Darth Vader's horrific and painful existence serves- 

I'm sure he's technically healthy and capable but... you get my point. 

Truly. 

Vader in Rogue One is still a ruinous mess. 

darthvaderrogueone9.jpg

darthvaderrogueone11.jpg

darthvaderrogueone12.jpg

21981fda3234239e363a66cbd78dcbfe.jpg

By the time of ROTJ he's not much better, he's still pale, gaunt and severely damaged. 

I'd say no amount of Bacta could've saved Anakin Skywalker, it was either this suit or a premature death. 

Obi-Wan essentially killed any chance Anakin had to live normally when he let him burn. 

I find the idea that he's buffed up and mostly repaired in the areas that he's kept not only silly but backwards in terms of the moral lesson Darth Vader's horrific and painful existence serves- 

I'm sure he's technically healthy and capable but... you get my point. 

The model is based on those concept arts for details, but also on a bad rip of the movie, since i can't wait for a good DVD release for such a great movie.

6I6iCI2.jpg

zMGrg9i.jpg

cZa2qwd.jpg

pso3Zon.jpg

dOzMNxJ.jpg

Xmz1gmV.jpg

Pale:

fifXVS5.jpg