The path of the Apprentice

While we are waiting for a nice model to be build from scratch for Grand Moff Tarkin, here is something from an older request, where I found the model from Galaxy Of Heroes. However this head is too low poly even for JKA, since it's a mobile game app (around 120-130 verts only). Also his head is a lot like cartoon-ish style which bothers me a lot.

A12l3qu.jpg

20DE3hW.jpg

Dq64QIN.jpg

7vmWcNl.jpg

qIBQUZn.jpg

While we are waiting for a nice model to be build from scratch for Grand Moff Tarkin, here is something from an older request, where I found the model from Galaxy Of Heroes. However this head is too low poly even for JKA, since it's a mobile game app (around 120-130 verts only). Also his head is a lot like cartoon-ish style which bothers me a lot.

A12l3qu.jpg

20DE3hW.jpg

Dq64QIN.jpg

7vmWcNl.jpg

qIBQUZn.jpg

Don't worry about the quality. This is the most detailed Tarkin model for Jedi Academy so far.

Merek likes this

A12l3qu.jpg

20DE3hW.jpg

Dq64QIN.jpg

7vmWcNl.jpg

qIBQUZn.jpg

Don't worry man, the model looks AWESOME! True, It might looksa little bit cartoonish, but maybe with some texture tweaks it can look more realistic!

Well first of all, thanks to @@Jeff for his Tarkin that I used since it's for JKA, perhaps I guess also credits goes to HapSlash or at least the base JKA imperial officers and the guys who created this head at Galaxy of Heroes. I only provide it for the game. There is one issue I noticed while in game: When you select the character as player model or to spawn the npc it's textures are missing (but in ModView are ok) and also when you select him in Single Player character menu it's also ok.

Grand Moff Tarkin

Nc3wAWT.jpg

Well first of all, thanks to @@Jeff for his Tarkin that I used since it's for JKA, perhaps I guess also credits goes to HapSlash or at least the base JKA imperial officers and the guys who created this head at Galaxy of Heroes. I only provide it for the game. There is one issue I noticed while in game: When you select the character as player model or to spawn the npc it's textures are missing (but in ModView are ok) and also when you select him in Single Player character menu it's also ok.

Grand Moff Tarkin

Nc3wAWT.jpg

Would you mind me editing this to try and change it a bit? Maybe improve on the face?

Well i did not upload any links for this model of Han Solo, simply because there is a small issue with his neck it's not weighted properly I tried different methods from few tutorials here and there, but without any good luck. So if you or someone you know can fix this issue I'll be able to provide you the link :)

Thanks to facepunch and Cora for providing the model, body is not reskined yet and has no cape, eyes are not applied because currently I work on the head and wonder how to get his original hair (which is around 18K verts).

TZOVR2o.jpg

KAhygGY.jpg

You'll need to use hair from a different model. I had the same problem with Jyn, who is basically game ready aside from the hair

dark_apprentice likes this

damn that's a really accurate head model for Director Krennic. is that from Star Wars Battlefront or another source?

EDIT: if it's Star Wars Battlefront, the hair is always absurdly detailed so it can move semi-naturally. the best you could do is use the lowest LOD if you can find it/if that's the system DICE rolls with.

damn that's a really accurate head model for Director Krennic. is that from Star Wars Battlefront or another source?

EDIT: if it's Star Wars Battlefront, the hair is always absurdly detailed so it can move semi-naturally. the best you could do is use the lowest LOD if you can find it/if that's the system DICE rolls with.

Yes this is from EA SW Battlefront Rogue One DLC. I searched all over his hair for the lowest possible LOD and couldn't find anything that can work. Also the original eyes will be replaced with lower vert eyes from another model. I was sick this days and out of town, so I'll return to Krennic later today or tomorrow.

DarthDementous likes this

I managed to bring Director Orson Krennic on a new level now. The model is playable for JKOutcast & JKAcademy. This is a pre-release version that I will share with you, because I can't figure out how to finish it the way I want to. The texture of his face is original as it is from EA Battlefront 2015: Rogue One DLC, in distant on Modview it looks a bit orange, but it's not. Due to difference in monitors I have also added another version of the face texture, whith a bit more pale skin after I adjust the levels and brightness of his main color. There are some minor issues that can be noticed, such as his left eye is just a bit out of place, the hair is not attached as perfect as it can be and the entire head (separated in few small parts) needs to be weighted again with proper weighting, because after couple of tutorials I still can't do it and when he moves the neck and head are going on a different direction than the eyes and hair. Maybe a good tutorial is needed for Blender 2.72 or idiots like me.
Credits are as follow: Imperial model is by HapSlash, Cape is from HapSlash Dooku, Eyes are from Toshi's Luke with new textures on them, Hair mesh is from the guys behind "Pinball The Force Awakens" Poe Dameron, Head is provided by Corra_Ashu from Facepunch forums, original credits for the head of Krennic is only to the developers of EA Battlefront 2015 and no one else. I do not claim those parts and models as mine in any means, I am providing them for my favorite game Jedi Knight Academy with Single Player support. 
Inside the game Krennic will appear with popping out eyes, neck, somehow cut off hair with missing parts (don't know why) and missing rank. Images below are from ModView.

I managed to bring Director Orson Krennic on a new level now. The model is playable for JKOutcast & JKAcademy. This is a pre-release version that I will share with you, because I can't figure out how to finish it the way I want to. The texture of his face is original as it is from EA Battlefront 2015: Rogue One DLC, in distant on Modview it looks a bit orange, but it's not. Due to difference in monitors I have also added another version of the face texture, whith a bit more pale skin after I adjust the levels and brightness of his main color. There are some minor issues that can be noticed, such as his left eye is just a bit out of place, the hair is not attached as perfect as it can be and the entire head (separated in few small parts) needs to be weighted again with proper weighting, because after couple of tutorials I still can't do it and when he moves the neck and head are going on a different direction than the eyes and hair. Maybe a good tutorial is needed for Blender 2.72 or idiots like me.Credits are as follow: Imperial model is by HapSlash, Cape is from HapSlash Dooku, Eyes are from Toshi's Luke with new textures on them, Hair mesh is from the guys behind "Pinball The Force Awakens" Poe Dameron, Head is provided by Corra_Ashu from Facepunch forums, original credits for the head of Krennic is only to the developers of EA Battlefront 2015 and no one else. I do not claim those parts and models as mine in any means, I am providing them for my favorite game Jedi Knight Academy with Single Player support. 

Inside the game Krennic will appear with popping out eyes, neck, somehow cut off hair with missing parts (don't know why) and missing rank. Images below are from ModView.

Pal you did an amazing work as always :)
axanik and dark_apprentice like this

The eyes and hair are not weighed in sync with the rest of the head, results in some very odd-looking moments during any animations where he turns his head!

I was going to do a Battlefront-version of my Krennic kitbash too, but there's probably not much point now. No sense duplicating efforts.

The head parts are now fixed to the "cranium" only instead of "cervical" as they were, problem now is the neck going out. @@Tompa9 that is why I also included a pale version of his face so people can choose.

"neck_0" & "necka_0" are weighted to "cranium" too and the result is the image below. When I add "thoracic" to the neck parts it fits well, but cuts off in the middle between the neck and head. I am really stuck now.
1YOtW9d.jpg

Ok, I managed to fix the head and neck weight issues also the hair thanks to @@The Punisher however now I don't understand WHY inside the game the rank is not visible, while inside ModView and Blender it is visible. I also added a shader file that containts information for the rank, but still nothing changes. I even renamed the object to be all on "rank_0" and G2 properties on "rank", changed that inside the .skin file and still it's missing from the game. Any suggestions how to fix that?!

Ok, I managed to fix the head and neck weight issues also the hair thanks to @@The Punisher however now I don't understand WHY inside the game the rank is not visible, while inside ModView and Blender it is visible. I also added a shader file that containts information for the rank, but still nothing changes. I even renamed the object to be all on "rank_0" and G2 properties on "rank", changed that inside the .skin file and still it's missing from the game. Any suggestions how to fix that?!

you should only need one shader file for a single model.

is the directory ModView is accessing identical to what the game accesses during run-time? I've had bizarre issues like things looking proper in ModView and then breaking completely in the game because it wasn't accessing the same environment. I have to put my files in a different directory because ModView has an issue reading long file-paths.

if that's not the case, post the entire file so I can look at it in isolation to determine if there's a problem with what you're adding or what's in your base folder.

EDIT: you can name an object anything for conversion to a .glm as long as it has the _0 at the end which is disregarded during compilation. 

EDIT2: just had another thought that the reason the rank might be unseen in game is an LOD error. sometimes I have issues with this in franken-steining when I delete all the LODs except for the highest quality one. the game will try to load a version of the mesh depending on view distance and if all it has to reference is high-quality then it might vanish in certain circumstances or just not load at all. a way to sort of test this is to place an .npc of Krennic and gradually get closer and note any changes.

dark_apprentice likes this

The model is fixed, the error with the neck is fixed by assigning all head and neck parts (including hair and eyes) with both "cranium" & "thoracic" bones. The hair issue was because of 2 other textures and missing shader file. The missing rank was because it was turned "off" in the G2 Properties.

UPDATE Link: Fixed Krennic

to use: Npc spawn Krennic // Npc Spawn Krennic_Ors (for the imperial hat)

ZuGxEwP.jpg

OCIXVmR.jpg

RAILBACK, yeyo JK, Alvar007 and 6 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...