The path of the Apprentice

And what about the head itself?

It is attached as you have instructed me once and the same way as I did with TFU Obi Wan Kenobi's head from Episode 3. It's weighted to "cervical" and "cranium" firt the edit mode, select all, than go to the drop menu than i added the cervical and clicked assign it was on 1000, after that i added the cranium and hit "CTRL + I" in order to make inverse selection and assigned it to the cranium.

It is attached as you have instructed me once and the same way as I did with TFU Obi Wan Kenobi's head from Episode 3. It's weighted to "cervical" and "cranium" firt the edit mode, select all, than go to the drop menu than i added the cervical and clicked assign it was on 1000, after that i added the cranium and hit "CTRL + I" in order to make inverse selection and assigned it to the cranium.

That's why it's bugging out - as I said in my previous post you must assign only the verts/faces along the lower-half of the neck to 'cervical' and the rest of the head to cranium.

Well i think it is too late, because the head model in order to work in ModView and base JKA without any other mods installed on it, except the 1.0.1 patch was splitted on 10 pieces.

It will take longer, but it isn't too late - and it's also the only way to fix the bug.

You'll just have to go through each piece and delete the 'cervical' bone in Vertex Groups - apart from pieces with form the lower half of the neck, in which case you remove the 'cranium' bone from Vertex Groups instead. Since you rigged it all to both cervical and cranium at 1.00, deleting the wrong one will automatically weigh it all to the correct one.

It will take longer, but it isn't too late - and it's also the only way to fix the bug.

You'll just have to go through each piece and delete the 'cervical' bone in Vertex Groups - apart from pieces with form the lower half of the neck, in which case you remove the 'cranium' bone from Vertex Groups instead. Since you rigged it all to both cervical and cranium at 1.00, deleting the wrong one will automatically weigh it all to the correct one.

Well, is it possible to do it with spliting the entire neck and assing it to "cervical" and the head itself to "cranium"?

Well, is it possible to do it with spliting the entire neck and assing it to "cervical" and the head itself to "cranium"?

It will probably still deform a little - I don't know you could try. In my experience only the lower half of the neck should be weighed to cervical, not the whole neck.

i would love it soooo much if you put that Ezra on here to download <3 that, to me, looks like the best interpratation of him if he would join the dark side, that is ever shown. even thousand times better then the one from the rebels show.

Ezra Bridger as he would be in the Dark Side

AaoYy1a.jpg

lOnGRlK.jpg

The neck issue is because your weights differ to the edge of the neck, on the head's edges that line up to the neck. Different weights - both parts will deform differently.

I have separated the neck parts from the head parts (keep in mind that the head was originally cut into 10 parts in order to work), so the neck goes to "cervical" and the head to "cranium". I shared the beta version of the model, so it's open for anyone who's willing to fix that bug. By far that is the best I could've done from my own to bring Sebastian Shaw back to live for JKA. And I saw people talking, that if they are re-shooting ROTJ and the original saga, than this mix of Hayden + Sebastian will be added for the end, but if that is what they aim to do, I would just recomand to return to Sebastian, because he was casted and it must be him. What's worse than cutting you out of a movie, is to cut you out of the movie, after you were shot there.

I have separated the neck parts from the head parts (keep in mind that the head was originally cut into 10 parts in order to work), so the neck goes to "cervical" and the head to "cranium". I shared the beta version of the model, so it's open for anyone who's willing to fix that bug. By far that is the best I could've done from my own to bring Sebastian Shaw back to live for JKA. And I saw people talking, that if they are re-shooting ROTJ and the original saga, than this mix of Hayden + Sebastian will be added for the end, but if that is what they aim to do, I would just recomand to return to Sebastian, because he was casted and it must be him. What's worse than cutting you out of a movie, is to cut you out of the movie, after you were shot there.

If you separate them (as in cut them into separate meshes) and then weigh each part 100% to a different bone, they won't animate in sync with each other - they will tear like it has in your picture. The weights need to be joined so that the mesh deforms in the correct way.

Your options are one of the following:

1. Rejoin the neck, and then use Face Select (or manual Weight Paint) to weigh part of it to cervical and part of it to cranium (Easiest Option)

or

2. Leave the two meshes separate, but weigh a thin percentage (like 0.25) of vertices along the top of the neck to the cranium bone, and a thin percentage of vertices along the bottom of the head mesh to the cervical bone (creating a 'border' that passes into both meshes).

This is what I have so far using AngelModders textures (edited by me without scars)

nTlq2xn.png

oAZ2kkH.png

RPSS8mP.png

That is one very grumpy Anakin with black eyes, like some one just punched him :D I may suggest using half of his side face textures and mix it very gentle with the one from iClone based on the photo combo of Hayden / Sebastian that you posted.

I would keep the neck skin texture and the two sides around his ears, and use the original textures of the meshed up Hayden-Shaw that used.

I think the Hayden Shaw is kind of low res, and not really made for a texture.

That is because iClone ripps the photo source right from the 2D photo and converts it into 3D and it creates for you the textures. However after a little research around the net, I am sad to say that the newest version of iClone 6 does not have this option anymore and the iClone 3 to iClone 5 are capable of creating a 3D model. Since I am personally usign the iClone 4.3 version it does not provide a good ripping quality of the source photo, but still I find it the most accurate one of all my tests until now and I think, that I won't be able in the near future to tweak anything else on him. If anything is to be done perhaps we will need a good skilled JKA modeller to make his head (of Sebastian Shaw) from scratch. But other option as I said twice, is to use just light parts from example Angel Modder's face texture of his Vader model or another old-ish human male model. Still, if you are able to create your interpretation/version of Anakin / Sebastian Shaw / face and make him look good to the real actor or at least this Hayden-Shaw mesh up, than it will be good. But for now that is looking more like Voldermor/Palpatine/Uruk Hai combo :D

swegmaster likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey man, what's the link to your dropbox?

I am not using DropBox from the past few months, since i had a big virus attack over Dropbox deleteing tones of important info and files, because mine was connected with the one of my girlfriend and her dropbox was connected to her sister, who manages to get a million PC viruses even on the best safe computers/devices for less than a hour. So i am using recently MEGA.NZ and i am really happy with it. All my old links that were on DropBox, shared here are dead together with whatever models/files/info was attached with them.

But tell me why do you ask? What do you want to download I may be able to search if it's alive somewhere in nowhere.

DTIII likes this

I am not using DropBox from the past few months, since i had a big virus attack over Dropbox deleteing tones of important info and files, because mine was connected with the one of my girlfriend and her dropbox was connected to her sister, who manages to get a million PC viruses even on the best safe computers/devices for less than a hour. So i am using recently MEGA.NZ and i am really happy with it. All my old links that were on DropBox, shared here are dead together with whatever models/files/info was attached with them.

But tell me why do you ask? What do you want to download I may be able to search if it's alive somewhere in nowhere.

Ah ok I didn't know, I was just wondering because I wanted to see where you had all your available files for download.

few here open my profile go to a randome file and in the 'submitter' under my profile picture click on "View other files from this member" to see all of them because otherwise you will be able to se only 10 of all and they are much more than just 10. And few here and there over Mega.NZ

few here open my profile go to a randome file and in the 'submitter' under my profile picture click on "View other files from this member" to see all of them because otherwise you will be able to se only 10 of all and they are much more than just 10. And few here and there over Mega.NZ

Yeah I checked the ones on this site, which ones do you have on MegaNZ? I only have your Samurai Vader and Rebels Maul.