The path of the Apprentice

Right I understand but my point is when you present a model you should just mention if it is from a game. When you don't readers will assume that you made it yourself. Theres nothing wrong with porting a model, but you have to be clear about its origin.

True, but I think people know me long enough in here, as well as this WIP thread of mine, that I am not able to create from scratch, but only make frankenports

True, but I think people know me long enough in here, as well as this WIP thread of mine, that I am not able to create from scratch, but only make frankenports

Fair enough. Just having a discussion. :winkthumb:

nope, not true for people findig this thread via google so please make it clear when something is ported, same goes for parts from other authors you used in a frankenstein - mention what yourm odel is put together from it's just disrespectful to not do that

Seven likes this

Recently came up with this Sebastian Shaw /Anakin 1983 ROTJ/ head in grey, it is based on a fan made sculpture of his head, since there are no much accurate photos around the net. And it turn out pretty interesting, if we don't mind few minor details that will need some more work on them, but I will leave this to the more experienced modellers and kitbashers in here. So far it looks like this:

P.S. and using @@Seven 's TFU Ben Kenobi OT jedi robes, since i like them more.

OHaOHeN.jpg

WoOLzfP.jpg

DVbINlK.jpg

GToyHyd.jpg

Edited by dark_apprentice
Seven, Lancelot and KyleKatarn1995 like this

Recently came up with this Sebastian Shaw /Anakin 1983 ROTJ/ head in grey, it is based on a fan made sculpture of his head, since there are no much accurate photos around the net. And it turn out pretty interesting, if we don't mind few minor details that will need some more work on them, but I will leave this to the more experienced modellers and kitbashers in here. So far it looks like this:

P.S. and using @@Seven 's TFU Ben Kenobi OT jedi robes, since i like them more.

OHaOHeN.jpg

WoOLzfP.jpg

DVbINlK.jpg

GToyHyd.jpg

It looks nice, but the head is way too big.

Think that's just perspective in the Blender window - he's not using orthographic view is all.

@@dark_apprentice where did you download that head from? I'd be interested to see if there were more such celebrities available.

True I don't use any other views, but only the perspective and the head is scaled to the size of Ben Kenobi TFU's head that Seven have uploaded. The head is originally sculpted by a member called "Vadermonkey" on the "therpf" forums. I have searched for some alternative programs to MakeHuman, that are more easy to use and than from a randome interview on YouTube during my research I found about the so called amazing program "iClone" by Reallusion. This is pretty interresting program, that allows you to "convert" a photo of a person (if you have the front view and side view of his head, or at least the front one) and it automatically turns it into a 3D head with textures already on it. You can search for the latest version on YouTube "iClone 6" which is very close to the latest trends in 3D modelling, animating etc. you can than export the model with another program from the same Reallusion as ".OBJ" ".FBX" and 1 or 2 other formats. I really recommand you to give it a try and it's worth the money. Personally I wanted to start with an older version to get used to it, so i got a cheaper version of the iClone 4.3. BTW you can also import models inside iClone from other softweres like ZBrush, Blender, Maya, 3DS.

So to answer your question, I copy/pasted the photo of Vadermonkey's statue of Sebastian (sadly the one i used was not finished, and the finished one is not good reference, since it contains the helmet of Vader) and i made the 3D head inside iClone just using the front view, since i did not manage to get a good side view of his head, the side and the back of his head are from a base human male that is older and it works. I would need perhaps new face textures for his face, that is replacing the right spots of the original one that was made in iClone and even that I know how to fix the "split UV mesh" error in Blender somehow it doesn't accept the edge spliter at all in this case.

Here is the model with the JKA Ben Kenobi's robes and the folder named "Sebastian" contains the original model and his head as .obj:

https://mega.nz/#!dxV0lDoK!ceYunBKYlOA1QUz43DI5ei464Rjgm27bQYVAGs90icI

So i think that the TFU Clone Wars Obi Wan's head is more accurate, than the one of TFU's ROTS Obi Wan head. Body is from TFU Ben Kenobi OT Jedi Robes. Credits to LucasArts, Seven and Hapslash.

*BUGS*: eyes are not on the correct position, eyes are moving horror-ish (perhaps not weighted correctly), mouth does not open so he won't talk.

TFU Clone Wars "General Kenobi" Head:

uFKNTKS.jpg

TFU Kenobi Head (Revenge of the Sith):

EYuguEy.jpg

In my personal view the head of "TFU Kenobi (ROTS) looks more like the actor of Petor Beshop from "Frindge" TV Series xD" and here is him (the TFU ROTS) in the game:

6GlsamH.jpg

K3NK2xj.jpg

Ok, so i managed finally to bring Sebastian to live in JKA, thanks to the good instructions and patiences from @@Kualan and @@Seven and few other members around the hub. So I am really thankful to them for this, as well to the people who created the 2 different busts i used for reference to recreate in iClone 4.3 as much possible as i could manage to. They are not perfect and need some debugging before they go inside the gameplay, so that their hair and eyes work proper. Body used is from Seven's TFU Ben Kenobi. Hairs used are form: HS_Kenobi, Toshi Luke, Eyes from: Toshi's Luke.

Reference model 01

anakinreveal34_bg.jpg

Reference Model 02:

d6SWXOq.jpg

What i was able to bring for JKA:

TXOsv2x.jpg

VLEG8K6.jpg

6BIfjUj.jpg

UCNlhw1.jpg

7aA1T5D.jpg

Lancelot, NoOne and Śăļvõö like this

Ok, so i managed finally to bring Sebastian to live in JKA, thanks to the good instructions and patiences from @@Kualan and @@Seven and few other members around the hub. So I am really thankful to them for this, as well to the people who created the 2 different busts i used for reference to recreate in iClone 4.3 as much possible as i could manage to. They are not perfect and need some debugging before they go inside the gameplay, so that their hair and eyes work proper. Body used is from Seven's TFU Ben Kenobi. Hairs used are form: HS_Kenobi, Toshi Luke, Eyes from: Toshi's Luke.

Reference model 01

anakinreveal34_bg.jpg

Reference Model 02:

d6SWXOq.jpg

What i was able to bring for JKA:

TXOsv2x.jpg

VLEG8K6.jpg

6BIfjUj.jpg

UCNlhw1.jpg

7aA1T5D.jpg

The model as seen in the last two pictures resembles Sebastian Shaw the most. The texture might not be perfect yet (especially the eyes), but you are going into the right direction.

@@Seven damn you, here is how this Hayden/Sebastian mesh up looks made by iClone 4.3 and ported in Blender. However it needs the eyes to be fixed, because i am using the Toshi Luke Skywalker's eyes/mouth and not the ones from the iClone verison. Also I don't know why but the hair and eyes are moving out of the head, and I think i weight them as on the other models, but i can't seem to fix them.

Head:
GXCKBVk.jpg

Full view:

zu5c1cX.jpg

BUG:
3B0QE0K.jpg

The eyes, mouth and head need to be weighed solely to the cranium bone (unless you wish to rig the face for expressions) and the lower half of the neck gets rigged to the cervical bone.

From the pictures it looks like you've got one of them rigged to the wrong bone.

Yes, this is how it was made from iClone itself during the process, that is why i had to make hand skin also lighter. It is spooky beacuse it is a bug, that i don't know yet how to fix, I just put up the Toshi's Luke eyes and mouth on it and when i open it in ModView to hit play and see if it is ok that happened, they go around the head like they are not attached/weighted but they are.

The eyes, mouth and head need to be weighed solely to the cranium bone (unless you wish to rig the face for expressions) and the lower half of the neck gets rigged to the cervical bone.

From the pictures it looks like you've got one of them rigged to the wrong bone.

Btw @@Kualan Toshi's Luke eyes and mouth are weighted on "jaw" and "cranium" and since i just hit "M" button to move them on the head and than just change it's parent connection from "torso_0.001" to "torso_0" as i did many times with older models and it worked for them.

Btw @@Kualan Toshi's Luke eyes and mouth are weighted on "jaw" and "cranium" and since i just hit "M" button to move them on the head and than just change it's parent connection from "torso_0.001" to "torso_0" as i did many times with older models and it worked for them.

And what about the head itself?