Server won't switch from local

Hi, I've been trying to create a JKA server for a friend to join, but it won't show up on the internet list, nor can he ever connect via IP. I am able to see the server on the local list, with a (UDP) beside it. Here is the command I'm using to launch the server:

start jampded.exe +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

Via my router I've also opened ports 29070, 29071, 29060, and 29062, yet he is still unable to connect

When I check the /net_ip, it always says it is localhost.

I don't understand, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Oh, and I've also set the net_port to 29070, incase people think that's the issue, which it's not.

Opened the destination port 29070 and the source ports from 29060 - 29072 (eh. Wildcards weren't accepted.) on the router.

Opened ports 29070 destination port and any source port with the jampded.exe as the application through windows firewall.

It's definitely forwarding it for the right lan ip.

Server's ip is definitely 29070.

Can you do a test run by turning off Windows Firewall completely for a minute, and attempt to join the server from the other end? That would answer is the firewall is at fault after all, or if it's something else.

This can be a number of potential issues. I once had an occasion where the router's software was buggy, and the recommended method for setting the forwarding didn't work properly. Only after going through the hidden advanced options, and setting everything manually in detail did the problem disappear.

My advice -- as always -- is a process of elimination until you find the cause. Test it on the local network, then test it online without the firewall, then test with the firewall set properly -- and make sure it's not a bug in the router settings.

AshuraDX likes this

Yeah. Already tried disabling the firewall. Didn't help. Something which was strange was that the server was still receiving getdata and getinfo packets from ips. Surely that would mean that they could see his server? I've no idea of what that means since the server wasn't listed to Onys and he couldn't connect to it via his wan ip.

Meh. I don't have access to a jka disk anymore and I ain't buying it on Steam so I couldn't test it on my machine :rolleyes: