Music Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
it gave you insight what kind of music people are listening to when they are modding.

So the question is supposed to be "what are you listening to when you are modding?" Because in that case, my answer would be nothing: For anything I do that requires a certain amount of focus, I need strict silence and it is impossible for me to do any meaningful work with music in the background. So I guess I'm just one of those people.

I'm a bit of a weird one when it comes to music, the only music I've really absolutely adored is the orchestral/rock pieces in movies and TV shows, specifically Doctor Who (Murray Gold) and Star Wars (John Williams, Mark Griskey, Jeremy Soule). However after starting to watch Torchwood (which is a god damn amazing show) this track is just beautiful and impacting to me:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p9doM465vHU?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: @@Circa halp, I can't get YouTube embed to work D;

This is a great post. This song really remind me of older Symphony X from Mythology Suite. I think this is one band I'm going to after look into more.

Always great to see someone likes the same stuff as I do :) This band is relatively new and their debut album drops in a few months, I think

Most of the bands I've been interested in in the past 15 years have been from Europe or are American bands with careers in Europe. Mostly Power or Progressive metal. My only gripe with the bands is "songs about metal" which is kinda cliche and the overproduction of the albums. Kinda like Blind Guardian is now compared to their older stuff.  

• 2 weeks later...