Music Thread

megadeth time

I went to see Megadeth on The System Has Failed tour back in 2004. I liked the first part of this album but didn't really care for the latter half. Been disappointed with a lot of their output since then... well, since Risk.. This is one band I used to really love but have lost interest in them because their output has been iffy since then. 

Listened to this again today and it's still a great song in my opinion.  I've always been a huge fan of groups like E.S Posthumous, Enigma, Mike Oldfield, etc.  Songs that have orchestral mixed with modern instruments like electric guitar, drum kits and such.

This song really makes me feel great, no, fantastic inside and the lyrics are very true.  I think that my fav line in the song has to be:

Empires built, and nations burned
Mass graves remain unturned
Descendants of the dispossessed
Return with bombs strapped to their chests

Or if you prefer the instrumental version:

I actually really like this... It's amazing how somebody took him talking and turned it into a song.  I really love the chord sequence, the faint choir and the base notes, it's so cool.. Even though it is about a burger lol.  The way that this person took him talking and turned it into a great sounding song, made it sound as though this guy was actually singing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z1Krfww5eE

Omicron and AshuraDX like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Who's "Pinball Wizard" and Aretha Franklin's "Respect", as they are both part of my marching band show this year :P

Also check out Vanessa Collier, she went to high school with my brother (the same one I now attend :D) and just released a jazz CD called Heart, Soul, and Saxophone! This one, "Bad News Bears", will also be part of our show this year!