Question about uploading custom skins

I'm new to the modding scene, and I just had a question; 

What is JK Hub's policy on uploading custom edits of other people's works? 

I wanted to know in case doing this is actually prohibited, or even just frowned upon in this community. Also, do I need the original creators permission to submit my version?

Thanks!

As I understand it;

- If the original work has been uploaded by the user to the Hub, you can look up that file and see what the modder has put under the "License" option. This can be anything from "Anyone can edit this file" to "Anyone can edit this file with permission" to "Nobody can edit this file".

- If you're using work from a non-Hub file, or if the file hasn't been uploaded by the creator, then all reasonable effort needs to be made to contact the original creator for permission.

- If contact can not be made (they're not registered here, nobody has an email for them, etc), then you are free to upload your modified file so long as full credit is given to the original creators for their work and you do so under the knowledge that should they ever re-emerge and say they don't want your file hosted anymore, it will be removed by the admins.

Hope that helps.

Zamzar and Cerez like this