78 members have voted

1. 1. Models

• Han Solo (Original Trilogy)
    • Luke Skywalker (Original Trilogy)
    • Princess Leia (Original Trilogy)
    • Ki-Adi Mundi
    • Poe Dameron
    • Obi-wan (Ep1, Ep2, EpIV)
    • Nien Nunb (Or general Sullustan model)
    • Other (State in reply)

@@DT85, @@Langerd I'd suggest taking a look at this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316375622

that's pretty much what I do, except that I use a curvature map instead of those 2 cavity maps

there isn't a "fixed" one and only way to do it - the best results are still achieved by painting (which I'm mostly to lazy for when working at weapons)

Bek, Scerendo and Langerd like this

@@DT85, @@Langerd I'd suggest taking a look at this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316375622

that's pretty much what I do, except that I use a curvature map instead of those 2 cavity maps

there isn't a "fixed" one and only way to do it - the best results are still achieved by painting (which I'm mostly to lazy for when working at weapons)

Many thanks! I always thought that is made that way . Very detail model, Textures and putting these extures on low poly model

I still doesnt know a lot but in free time i will check how to do it. ;) Thanks!

Having a look at your model and for such a high poly model, you really should have LODs. There's also areas that could stand to drop a few tris.

Hey thanks for feedback.

Oh didn't know LODs were a thing in JKA? Is there a guide on them anywhere?

I will indeed keep that in mind for future for Poe.

Thats good to know though, I'm quite used to a higher poly workflow so I'm still learning when it comes to optimizing for JKA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

There's a problem with this, all lightsaber blades are broken on this outfit.

16422232_746957942123765_730446925434844

& All the robed versions of this outfit, would really love a fix as unfortunately this is my favourite character mod in JK lol. 

Have you tried using OpenJK?

Have you tried using OpenJK?

No... 

I'm running my setup through JK Enhanced so I'd rather not do that. 

It's only that particular set, not the headpiece but the body that's causing the lightsaber blade of the PC to disappear and seemingly do no damage. 

That body design and the versions with the robes over it. 

The rest of the sets in "Aayla Secura" work fine. 

No... 

I'm running my setup through JK Enhanced so I'd rather not do that. 

It's only that particular set, not the headpiece but the body that's causing the lightsaber blade of the PC to disappear and seemingly do no damage. 

That body design and the versions with the robes over it. 

The rest of the sets in "Aayla Secura" work fine. 

Open a skin file and look for lines r_hand,models/players.... and rename it to r_hand,*off...it should work, it is common bug, mostly for HS skins :)

Open a skin file and look for lines r_hand,models/players.... and rename it to r_hand,*off...it should work, it is common bug, mostly for HS skins :)

That will turn off a hand that is used. It should be, rename

r_hand,*off

with

r_hand,off

Do it also for the l_hand (specially needed if you plan on using dual sabers).

See https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/137-fix-hapslashs-anakin-model-no-lightsaber-blade/

Thanks to @ for pointing me to the solution and @@Circa for the workaround.

I haven't found the official cause but my guess is (I might be wrong, is just me trying to make sense of it), there are multiple hand objects but only one hand tag, when you turn off the hand that is associated with the Tag using "*off", all the "child objects" (including the Tag) is turned off but maybe using "off" (without " * "), it doesn't turns of the "child objects"? That's just a wild guess.

BTW, the model works fine in OpenJK without issues.

It has the problem in JKE (which crashes more than a blind man in a Nascar race). I just tried the fix and it worked.

Tompa9 likes this

That will turn off a hand that is used. It should be, rename

r_hand,*off

with

r_hand,off

Do it also for the l_hand (specially needed if you plan on using dual sabers).

See https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/137-fix-hapslashs-anakin-model-no-lightsaber-blade/

Thanks to @ for pointing me to the solution and @@Circa for the workaround.

I haven't found the official cause but my guess is (I might be wrong, is just me trying to make sense of it), there are multiple hand objects but only one hand tag, when you turn off the hand that is associated with the Tag using "*off", all the "child objects" (including the Tag) is turned off but maybe using "off" (without " * "), it doesn't turns of the "child objects"? That's just a wild guess.

BTW, the model works fine in OpenJK without issues.

It has the problem in JKE (which crashes more than a blind man in a Nascar race). I just tried the fix and it worked.

Would you still really recommend OpenJK more- even for someone who has no interest in MP?

Would you still really recommend OpenJK more- even for someone who has no interest in MP?

OpenJK is not just for MP. It works for both. I only play SP and only use OpenJK. I tried JKE just for the force Repulse but it crashes more than I can play...and the Force Repulse is just a big enhanced push, not like in TFU, so I went back to OpenJK.

OpenJK is not just for MP. It works for both. I only play SP and only use OpenJK. I tried JKE just for the force Repulse but it crashes more than I can play...and the Force Repulse is just a big enhanced push, not like in TFU, so I went back to OpenJK.

Mmmmm... I play on Windows and the things I like about JKEnhanced is the "Rendasaurus", lightsaber on hip, no ghoul error, RGB sabers and the force powers; Stasis and Insanity (The rest are eh to crap IMO.)

So what does OpenJK have in comparison? 

OpenJK has stability. I only had like 2 crashes and they were caused by mistakes in models I've compiled/modified which in turn got me to fix the models which is a good thing.

I also play on Windows, and OpenJK also fixes the ghoul errors (JKE is based on OpenJK, but hasn't been updated in a long time). The only other thing I liked about JKE was the RGB sabers and it doesn't works with Custom Blades like TFA or TFU blades (at least I haven't found a way to make it work). The rest, I don't care. Is not worth with all the crashes.

OpenJK has stability. I only had like 2 crashes and they were caused by mistakes in models I've compiled/modified which in turn got me to fix the models which is a good thing.

I also play on Windows, and OpenJK also fixes the ghoul errors (JKE is based on OpenJK, but hasn't been updated in a long time). The only other thing I liked about JKE was the RGB sabers and it doesn't works with Custom Blades like TFA or TFU blades (at least I haven't found a way to make it work). The rest, I don't care. Is not worth with all the crashes.

Hmmm.. seeing as you've done it would you be willing to give me installation instructions in a PM?