Article Topics

Circa

I'm sure a lot of you noticed that there have been an increase in published articles lately. This is one of the first steps in breathing new life into JKHub: writing content that's worth reading and relevant to the Jedi Knight community.

Part of that effort was to bring on some extra help from people that are motivated and willing to go after potential article topics and investigate to report as best they can. These individuals are known as JKHub Editors. They're sole duty is to create articles for the community on topics relevant to them. Note that they aren't full staff, as in moderators or admins, but they are part of our team.

Right now, SiLink has offered his assistance in this and is the first JKHub Editor. You may have noticed his past few interviews were wonderfully done and has done a great job so far.

In addition to all this, we are working to think of as many topics as we can that are worth reporting on. In the past, most of JKHub articles focused on big Jedi Knighy news and website related news. Now we are including anything Jedi Knight related that will allow the community to engage in what the articles have to say. This could include interviews, mod reviews, mod release announcements, mod trailers or teaser announcements, clan spotlights, etc. The list goes on.

As I said, SiLink is our only editor at the moment. If you are interested in being a JKHub Editor, PM me and we can discuss it. :)

Click here to view the article

Cerez and Link like this

I have an idea (and the means) for a how-to gaming article:

How to set up Jedi Academy for a Clone Wars style, old-fashioned battle droid hunt -- your chosen character against an army of various projectile weapon equipped battle droids.

It may require that I bundle a few assets together into a mod just for the article, but nothing too hard. In fact, the focus of the article would be to make it as easy as possible to set up this MP game mode, even for total beginners.

I'm thinking gaming articles like this may help to attract people (back) to JKA. We need to give inspiration and show people what kinds of novel gaming can be accomplished with JKA and the JK series. New and fun ideas that help to revive the game and its community.

We could do a follow-up with stormtroopers as well... maybe... for some Rebels inspired action.

Is anyone digging this?

therfiles likes this

I have an idea (and the means) for a how-to gaming article:

How to set up Jedi Academy for a Clone Wars style, old-fashioned battle droid hunt -- your chosen character against an army of various projectile weapon equipped battle droids.

It may require that I bundle a few assets together into a mod just for the article, but nothing too hard. In fact, the focus of the article would be to make it as easy as possible to set up this MP game mode, even for total beginners.

I'm thinking gaming articles like this may help to attract people (back) to JKA. We need to give inspiration and show people what kinds of novel gaming can be accomplished with JKA and the JK series. New and fun ideas that help to revive the game and its community.

We could do a follow-up with stormtroopers as well... maybe... for some Rebels inspired action.

Is anyone digging this?

I'm lost. Is this an article idea or a mod?

I'm lost. Is this an article idea or a mod?

It's a creative excercise... XD No, not really. :P It's a gaming article accompanied by some customised assets repackaged in order to make it easier for people to set the gameplay up. (Or, alternatively, with just a set of links for files to download from JKHub.) Think of it like a gaming magazine multimedia article -- you know, like those magazine articles that used to have files on a CD...

I was thinking of writing it up as a fun article (and step-by-step guide), accompanied by images/screenshots.

Edit: Maybe I could even shoot a gameplay video...

Tauns likes this