EPVII Luke Skywalker

wrong.

apply a edit normals modifier and tweak the normals in that area, that will atleast decrease how noticeable it is - can't say it will vanish entirely

I'll be making LODs, so I'm right in this case. noesis or the GLM exporter (haven't tested custom normals) can't do LODs and carcass doesn't keep the custom normals. I've tried contacting rich about it but no reply. Sucks though, I do need to do that to fix the shadows.

Bek likes this

To me it just seems that in your mesh he has a mongoloid chin... and in my opinion you should put the chin/jaws back to their correct proportions and model more hair planes.

... other than that the model is coming along nicely.

It doubt it would look nice in JKA, and I'm betting the current beard fluff I have won't either.

Best you can do is create a mesh from the hair and then bake that but my PC certainly won't handle that. Anyways, here is a test:

11l7ad4.png

As you can see, the beard fluff is hardly noticeable but it looks to have lighted nice at least.

He looks great! !! I always wanted to see old Luke.

But i have noob question : Can we export the glm player model but only in parts like on Your pick??? It would make making these models easier for me O.O

krkarr likes this

He meant pic i believe ;)

As for the beard, layer more of them alphas / rework alpha channels by adding some clumps. Have one set of alpha be thicker and fuller while having thinner ones sprinkled here and there, you should be able to style the hair in real time by shuffling those planes around. The hair could have a similar pass (textured clumps), looks too hand painted with a 1 pixel brush if you know what i mean. I think you did an amazing job so far, more tweaking and it'll be even better.

DT. likes this

What's "your pick"?

I mean the pic of floating luke head. For example in blender if i will select the only the hips and skeleton (with all things uv and weightning) is this will work? It would help me a lot if i could export model but by checking it in parts

DT. likes this

Reworked the molded beard bit of the head mesh, added/tweaked beard fluff, tweaked hair texture, tweaked mouth size and ear spacing:

65crk1.png

Rendered in orthographic, so it's a titch bit fatter than what you'd see in-game. Hapslash once told me that JKA's FOV was a blend between Max's perspective & orthographic views.

Daedra, Kualan, Langerd and 12 others like this

Rendered in orthographic, so it's a titch bit fatter than what you'd see in-game. Hapslash once told me that JKA's FOV was a blend between Max's perspective & orthographic views.

then create a camera and change the FOV of that camera to achieve a similiar look