NULL Shader?

Daedra

Erm why do you have the assets pk3s in My Games\OpenJK\base AND in program files?

Your program files base folder needs to be clean of pk3s that are not assets.

Also not gonna lie,

OpenJK-MP: v1.0.1.0 win_msvc-x86 Aug 31 2014

Is kinda old.

Erm why do you have the assets pk3s in My Games\OpenJK\base AND in program files?

Your program files base folder needs to be clean of pk3s that are not assets.

Also not gonna lie,

Is kinda old.

I have updated it.

What do you mean by your OpenJK base? Does the folder with the assets pk3s include anything extra?

no it doesnt have anything extra but it still gives the error

Also when I create a game and choose a level etc, this happens:

Untitled.png

Seriously messed up :P

Definitely smells like corrupted assets0-3. *nods*

Either by a custom mod or by themselves.

Edit:

OR it could be a serious rendering issue with the graphics card (rendering methods not supported).

Daedra likes this

Edit:

OR it could be a serious rendering issue with the graphics card (rendering methods not supported).

Downloading JKA assets, will update later.

Edit:

Just came across this..

Untitled.png

And this:

Untitled2.png

Just came across this..

Untitled.png

And this:

Untitled2.png

That's just JA+ telling you that you don't have the full release of JA+ installed, and the game telling you that what you have in your base folder is different to what the server has. All expected and normal.

Those are perfectly fine except for the ui/hud.menu errors.

Everything looks fine graphically in those screenshots? What did you do differently.

Notihng its not fixed yet.

That's just JA+ telling you that you don't have the full release of JA+ installed, and the game telling you that what you have in your base folder is different to what the server has. All expected and normal.

Those are perfectly fine except for the ui/hud.menu errors.

I got brand new assets files and it still has the error. i give up lol

Broken graphics drivers wouldn't cause this issue by the way. Just saying :)

@ Can you post screenshots of your japlus folder? The one in GameData, and the one in My Games/OpenJK/

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled5.png

@ Can you post screenshots of your japlus folder? The one in GameData, and the one in My Games/OpenJK/

And the gamedata..

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

What about faulty or lacking OpenGL implementations with the card?

And the gamedata..

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

That GameData looks awfully messy to me... What if you made a clean start with a new installation and didn't mix the source and JAplus and god-knows-what in there... Might be easier to figure it out when things go wrong.

Sorry, I'm not picking on you -- just trying to be practical. This looks like a debugging nightmare (and could very well be the cause of your problem).

What about faulty or lacking OpenGL implementations with the card?

No, the only reason you get that weird white/black checkered image is because the shader text failed to parse or the textures used by the shader don't exist.

@ what do you have in your GameData/japlus folder?

Cerez likes this

No, the only reason you get that weird white/black checkered image is because the shader text failed to parse or the textures used by the shader don't exist.

@ what do you have in your GameData/japlus folder?

I've deleted everything and re-installed JKA.

Adding OpenGL32 and updating to v1.01 and i'll see what happens

Mark my words: clean that GameData up so that it matches a factory default JKA installation, and you'll get rid of the problem. Something went wrong in that mess -- something is interfering with the reading of the base assets or overwriting them...

Start clean (in your base and GameData, too!), and add your JA+ in only after it works, and see if you get the issue again. That will help you find the cause.

@@Xycaleth, could the source being in GameData also be interfering with JKA's workings?

Mark my words: clean that GameData up so that it matches a factory default JKA installation, and you'll get rid of the problem. Something went wrong in that mess -- something is interfering with the reading of the base assets or overwriting them...

Start clean (in your base and GameData, too!), and add your JA+ in only after it works, and see if you get the issue again. That will help you find the cause.

@@Xycaleth, could the source being in GameData also be interfering with JKA's workings?

Fixed it!

What did I do to fix it?

I literally downloaded the JA+ Server Side Plugin Build

http://jkhub.org/files/file/953-ja-server-side/

I then put them in the OpenJK gamedata folder and it worked!

Only problem now is my playermodel in-game is Kyle even though I selected Kylo Ren Model

Cerez likes this