Any former Elite force scripters around?

I also have a test map,  I'd rather use that, since the compile time is very quick.

What is a flag of spawnscript?

rem ( "comment" );
set ( "NPC_Doctor", "NPC_doctor walk" );
set ( "waypoint_navgoal_1", "walk1" );
//$"walkTo"@2
set ( "NPC_Doctor", "BS_WALK" );
set ( "navgoal", "waypoint_navgoal_1" );

NPCwaypointexample.jpg

I imagine a wait command will be needed in the script once a character has walked to the first waypoint?

rem ( "comment" );

set ( "NPC_Doctor", "NPC_doctor walk" );

set ( "waypoint_navgoal_1", "walk1" );

//$"walkTo"@2

set ( "NPC_Doctor", "BS_WALK" );

set ( "navgoal", "waypoint_navgoal_1" );

I'm not quite sure what these bold lines are accomplishing. Is that an EF thing? Anyways, I believe you should be able to click on the NPC, and in the key enter "spawnflag" and in the value enter your script name. This should make them execute the script on spawn. Does EF support BS_STATES (like normal, cinematic, flee, etc?)

I also don't think that the waypoint and the NPC have to be targeted together.

And yes, you will need a wait command per waypoint. I'd guestimate the time it would take to complete the waypoint, but that's just me. In fact, I'd play around, maybe EF NPCs are better at finding navgoals that JKA ones.

I copied the script from the text file, according to the other maps in the game, the NPC's are connected, I did some preliminary research into this before posting here again about this, as well there are no real_scripts available for me to view about this walking task.

Key what, how? L opens the window for the objects in the map.

I don't know what EF supports, there is an example script of some doors opening with cameras moving, and a craft leaving a bay. That is all I can really state about this Icarus stuff. I had emailed a couple of former modders of EF, no reply. One hasn't replied after sending six emails, the former modder who has made the map I'm trying to edit the NPC's in it. All they do is stand, one is animated, I guess all of them are in some small way.

There are only four text files, so four IBI files. So I haven't nothing to go on. I can only hope to use what I have there to create more function. Um, and some walking. So perhaps no fire fights as I had thought of as an extension to my edit of the map.

I even tried replacing audio files, that failed. Stereo isn't suitable, changed the wav formar to MP3, nothing using free software, and some upload sites.

I also have no authentic weapon to use even if I could create a firefight, I've enquired with somebody about a model piece, but using Milkshape 3D with the days left to use it, is just another problem altogether.

But first trying to get this small example to work first is my priority for characters.

Sorry if I assumed too much! Here is a great tutorial that may help smooth somethings out.

Press 'N' while the NPC is selected. This will bring up this window (not exactly, just to give you an idea of the layout)

img3.jpg

It will look a lot different on your end, but down towards the bottom, there's the key and value parameters I was talking about. You should be able to add the spawnscript value there.

It seems like EF may be set up differently than JKA, however. Try the above tutorial and see if that helps. You don't have to recreate it, just see how some of the ideas were executed.

There isn't any need to apologise, I see what you are getting at the pieces are connected but not connected with the actual script itself.

Will the waypoint need a targetname?

I imagine the script I've put forward should obviously work?

The tutorial appears interesting, but sort of distracts what I'm trying to do.

nothing.jpg

Yeah the tutorial was just trying to help you get an idea of some scripting concepts. And yes the way point will need a targetname. Use "targetname" and call it "nav1" or something like that.

Then make your script like this:

rem ( "comment" );
set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "nav1" );

Try that. Also, if you are trying to build this rather than copy paste it, be sure to use SET_TYPES and scroll down to SET_NAVGOAL. Does that makes sense? There are two types of sets: one that changes a variable that you define and one that defines a set parameter (that's what we are doing).

Ok, here's a few things:

I made a quick script. For JKA, this is the only script you'd need:

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "comment" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WALKING", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_NAVGOAL", "nav1" );

However, in JKA, there is also a behavior stated named "cinematic". That makes the script override any behavior functions (follow player, look for enemies, etc). I'm not sure if that exists in EF, and it doesn't look like it.

Also, is the waypoint's targetname "nav1"?

On the npc, don't use "usescript" (unless that's intentional?) I thought we wanted spawnscript?

For the path of the script, I believe it should default to the scripts folder, so just type the name of the script (for ex "walking") and then you are done.

I don't think the NPC and the waypoint need to be targeted together.

Is there any EF mods that have this type of scripting behavior? Maybe we can take it apart and examine it. Would you mind finding something? It just seems like I'm missing something here...

I don't know of any, I can't get access to the mission pack via Pakscape.

Eliteforce.filefront was taken offline recently due to it no longer being profitable, so in time, popular mods will return to Gamefront.

I tried emailing the original map maker, as there are characters there animated, like one pressing some buttons, or one kneeling down with a Padd computer, how was that?

Can that be changed with Icarus or is that a Milkshape task. <_<

I tried this short script, I couldn't find the actual keywords to it, but I copied and pasted it, nothing has changed.

nav1.jpg

I did rename the target to nav1 after having taken this image.

Hmm, what about something alternative to just a straight walk.

May be arm movements seem like a simple script?

Or the character is there, then disappears after some of time? That doesn't need any pieces to do that.

I thought I'd try a trigger material, and attempt to get some doors opening from a bay, I tried making a trigger, that hasn't given me any options on how to use one, and then I thought I'd just copy the one there, and try and change the values. That hasn't worked, it led to the default one disappearing.

Perhaps I can only open two doors with one button. <_<

The Icarus script for the second door is fairly simple. It really is an up hill walk with this.

trigger.jpg

Your set commands are completely off. In BehavEd use the upper one which says set(< E"set_types" >, <str>), then you get a drop down that lets you select what to set which won't let you enter nonsense like NPC_Doctor or set_navgoal_1. After you select something from the dropdown, press Re-Evaluate, then enter the correct value on the right.

Your waypoint_navgoal entity settings are also kind of weird. You've correctly set the targetname, but you also have erroneous waypoint_navgoal_1 and navgoal_1 keys; you can delete those. Oh, and you should probably know that you can pull down the "........" bar on top of the entity settings to get descriptions of the valid keys. (I have no idea why that's hidden by default.)

Yeah...it seems like there aren't as many similarities between EF and JKA scripting than I thought, even though they both use ICARUS. If you could find any sort of EF mod that accomplishes any of these motions, I could open up the the files and see what I can decipher, but it seems like there's not much we can do here. :(

Hmm. Notsure if, anyone can reply to this other problem that has crept up this afternoon, I've been compiling all day! :mellow:

I was trying to transfer a turbo lift from the original, as when first began the map I wasn't sure on how to select various brushes in Radiant, that was certainly a mistake at that time, so now this problem arises once I load E deck, what could of caused this error? Is that something that has happened in Jedi Acadamy mapping?

error.jpg

I decided just to revert back to my backup, so I just decided to edit the lift a bit more to get it a little more unified. I guess it'll do.

As for getting the menu to load to another map, does anyone here know how that would workout? Such as F deck, I had an idea for that, try and base a small portion of a blueprint with an observation windows to see the Launchbay and use a target script runner to put forward movement of a shuttle pod just like the example script that is available.

The player would walk to the window and then the script would switch on. Or as my earlier question after that particular scene, the player loads into a new environment, so a planet surface.

Some good news, I was able to find one modification, it contains the Real_scripts folder, so there are scripts. The maps aren't there.

I've played the first part of it, so it contains a level changer script I'm sure, since the player had to walk to another area, and a new screen loaded.

// Generated by DEvaheb v1.0
// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\alcovevengeance.ibi"

set ( "SET_IGNOREENEMIES", "false" );
set ( "SET_PAINSCRIPT", "null" );
set ( "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", 0.000 );
set ( "SET_BEAM", "true" );
set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_PLUGOUT1" );
wait ( 1000.000 );
set ( "SET_DELAYSCRIPTTIME", 63.000 );
wait ( 1000.000 );
set ( "SET_FORWARDMOVE", 0.000 );
set ( "SET_NOTARGET", "false" );
set ( "SET_ENEMY", "munro" );
set ( "SET_BEHAVIOR_STATE", "BS_HUNT_AND_KILL" );

Here is the second one in the folder,

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\dead.ibi"

set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_DEAD1" );
set ( "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", -1.000 );

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\gimmie.ibi"

set ( "SET_OBJECTIVE_SHOW", "OBJ_ELIMINATEHIROGEN" );
set ( "SET_OBJECTIVE_SHOW", "OBJ_RESCUE_TEAMMATES" );
set ( "SET_TACTICAL_SHOW", "TACT_HIROGENARE" );

affect ( "munro", FLUSH )
{
    set ( "SET_ARMOR", 200.000 );
    set ( "SET_HEALTH", 200.000 );
    set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_TRICORDER" );
    set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_PHASER" );

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\node1.ibi"

affect ( "borg1", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg2", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg3", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg4", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg5", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg6", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg7", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg8", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg9", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

affect ( "borg10", FLUSH )
{
    run ( "borg1/disable" );
}

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\researcherdead.ibi"

use ( "researchersthistriggeract" );

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\researchers.ibi"

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\Regeneration\wasaresearcher.ibi"

affect ( "borg11", FLUSH )
{
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    set ( "SET_FORWARDMOVE", 127.000 );
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    use ( "borgalarm" );
}

affect ( "borg12", FLUSH )
{
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    use ( "borgalarm" );
}

affect ( "borg13", FLUSH )
{
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    use ( "borgalarm" );
}

affect ( "borg14", FLUSH )
{
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    wait ( 1000.000 );
    use ( "borgalarm" );
}

In the case of the example of either map, or the more simplier first one with the one character, there must be enough here to get a couple of characters walking, and as well edit the existing script to then load into another area of the same map file.

I've also found walking via Deck 2, here is the spawnscript, I should at least think it is related to a character walking. The Virtual voyager tour mod, it was here. I've forgotten, I've been so consumed with the map over the past week, I've forgotten about the very one modification, the official release for the game. :mad:

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\baseEf\spawn_rand1.ibi"

set ( "SET_DYAW", 90.000 );

loop ( -1.000 )
{
    set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_SIT1TO2" );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", 9000.000 );
    wait ( 8900.000 );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_SIT2TO3" );
    wait ( 8900.000 );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_SIT3TO1" );
    wait ( 8900.000 );
}

// Decompiled from file "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\baseEf\spawn_rand3.ibi"

set ( "SET_GREET_ALLIES", "true" );

task ( "go_nav1" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav1" );
}

task ( "go_nav2" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav2" );
}

task ( "go_nav3" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav3" );
}

task ( "go_nav4" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav4" );
}

task ( "go_nav5" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav5" );
}

task ( "go_nav6" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav6" );
}

task ( "go_nav7" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav7" );
}

task ( "go_nav8" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav8" );
}

task ( "go_nav9" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav9" );
}

task ( "go_nav10" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand_nav10" );
}

task ( "go_talk" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "rand2_talk" );
}

task ( "talk" )
{
    do ( "go_talk" );
    wait ( "go_talk" );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_UPPER", "TORSO_HANDGESTURE2" );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_LOWER", "BOTH_STAND1" );

affect ( "rand1", INSERT )
    {
        set ( "SET_LOOK_TARGET", "rand3" );
    }

wait ( 2000.000 );

affect ( "rand1", INSERT )
    {
        set ( "SET_ANIM_UPPER", "TORSO_HEADNOD1" );
        set ( "SET_LOOK_TARGET", "null" );
    }

wait ( 2000.000 );
}

task ( "go_console" )
{
    set ( "SET_NAVGOAL", "hallway_console" );
}

task ( "use_console" )
{
    do ( "go_console" );
    wait ( "go_console" );
    set ( "SET_DYAW", 0.000 );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_CONSOLE2" );
    set ( "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", 6500.000 );
    wait ( 7000.000 );
}

loop ( -1.000 )
{
    do ( "go_nav1" );
    wait ( "go_nav1" );
    do ( "go_nav2" );
    wait ( "go_nav2" );
    do ( "go_nav8" );
    wait ( "go_nav8" );

if ( $random( 0, 1 ) < 0.500$ )
    {
        do ( "go_nav4" );
        wait ( "go_nav4" );
        do ( "go_nav3" );
        wait ( "go_nav3" );
    }

do ( "use_console" );
    wait ( "use_console" );
    do ( "go_nav10" );
    wait ( "go_nav10" );
    do ( "go_nav7" );
    wait ( "go_nav7" );
    do ( "go_nav9" );
    wait ( "go_nav9" );
    do ( "talk" );
    wait ( "talk" );
    do ( "go_nav6" );
    wait ( "go_nav6" );
    do ( "go_nav5" );
    wait ( "go_nav5" );
}

nav1.jpg

I have connected the nav points, the nav posts are targetname nav1 and 2, spawnscript etc, not the NPC and have the following script, and still nothing is happening. Perhaps use script is keywords to use..

Clearly, the virtual voyager script is obviously the more appropriate script commands for the map I've been editing.

The first script to do with an enemy attacking the player.