Movie Battles II just crashes...

Go to solution Solved by Cerez,

It's a beautiful feeling when after waiting a day for the download/install to finish, you start MBII, click "Create new game" and the whole thing just poops on you and throws you to the desktop, without any explanation as to what's happening...

JAMP works, OpenJK works; so why does MBII poop on me?

On a more serious note, is there any way to check the logs after a total crash of the game to see what caused the crash? It's definitely something in the MBII setup or assets, as everything else works without a problem on my computer.

Worth noting that I've had this same crash with both with the 1.0 release of MBII and with the 1.3 release now.

Could it be that my custom OpenJK binaries/DLLs are obstructing MBII? Does having OpenJK previously installed interfere with MBII's workings?

The only feedback I currently get is from the Windows debug utility, and it says that an unhandled win32 exception occurred with the MBII exe (6836).

I'm on 64-bit Windows 8.1 with an NVIDIA graphics card.

Tried running the MBII exe in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode -- it didn't help. For obvious reasons, I can't do a condump after the crash...

Yeah, there's an integrity check in place, so you can't use another binary to join an MBII server, I think... (other than JAMP using the MBII launcher perhaps?)

I don't think the problem is Windows XP related at all. I'm running 8.1. It seems to be something in the assets. It crashes when loading a level. Whether using JAMP or the MBII client (OpenJK), the result is the same.

JAMP has no problem loading a level on its own, and neither does my custom OpenJK binary. It is only when the MBII assets are loaded that I have a crash.

Edit:

I still remember the good old days when all you needed to do was download a bundle for MBII and place it in your GameData folder. Back then it was loaded as a regular mod with ease. This whole launcher thing is giving me the creeps -- sorry guys. :ph34r: It's a nice UX idea, but it's only good if it is flexible/debuggable and it works reliably...

Figured it out. A misplaced DLL was responsible for the crash.

To anyone else who's having trouble running MBII, I recommend that you duplicate your Jedi Academy installation and create a clean copy of it that way just for MBII, and then install MBII in there. Make sure that all your JKA assets and DLLs are exactly as when you first installed JKA on your computer.

MBII really needs a clean install of JKA for it to work properly. If you have a custom/later version of OpenJK, or have moved things around between base and GameData, chances are MBII will have trouble running.

For the devs (if they read this):

The installer/launcher needs to check for missing DLLs before running the game! If the requirements are not met, it should notify the user about the files it can't find.

Onysfx likes this

ok thank you for the advice @@Cerez , i will try that.

Another bug due to their launcher ! The only advantage of the launcher is that you can download their mod in several times, if you have a no stable connexion.

But they "lock" modding on their mod since the launcher check files at each update. Difficult to add its own hud/skins/....

The installer/launcher needs to check for missing DLLs before running the game! If the requirements are not met, it should notify the user about the files it can't find.

What files exactly are you talking about? MBII does not need anything in base other than assets0-3.pk3. Beyond that nothing should be an issue in there.

We distribute the DLLs for the mod in the MBII folder, which assuming your download goes well, should all be there.

You really need to explain your issue better OP, aswell as your solution if you fixed it. Details are important if you actually want us to be able to help other people in the future and solve these kind of issues.

"Create new game" and the whole thing just poops on you and throws you to the desktop, without any explanation as to what's happening...

So from what I can get from this, your normal game works? As in, multiplayer, joining a server and playing etc?

On the subject of create game, starting that from a custom resolution will make it crash.

I have the same problem than you. Can't play MBII.

I don't understand. Isn't the OP mentioning /Create Game/ is what is broken for him?

Seriously, all these  explanations are beyond vague.

And yes as others pointed out, you really really should be asking this  kinda stuff on the MBII forums. We have devs there who know better about these issues than I do, and not to mention it'll be a hell of a lot more convenient for us to keep track of issues and on how they were fixed. Not to mention, others who run into the same problem could search our forums and fine a solution there!

eezstreet likes this

What files exactly are you talking about? MBII does not need anything in base other than assets0-3.pk3. Beyond that nothing should be an issue in there.

We distribute the DLLs for the mod in the MBII folder, which assuming your download goes well, should all be there.

You really need to explain your issue better OP, aswell as your solution if you fixed it. Details are important if you actually want us to be able to help other people in the future and solve these kind of issues.

There are multiple issues with the current release, that's why it's hard to talk about what's wrong exactly.

We've identified three so far:

1. Installation downloads are extremely long and tedious using the launcher. Files will drop out and finish incomplete on the first install, and have to be checked by the launcher and repaired a few times for the mod to work.

2. When jampgame.x86.dll (and/or cgame.x86.dll) are not present in the GameData folder, the installer will ignore the missing DLLs and still try to launch the game, resulting in crashes. Instead the installer/launcher should check if these files are available if needed and notify the user of their absence before launching the game.

My "Create game" crashes stopped when I moved jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll from the base folder (where I had them in my custom setup) back into GameData. I needed to create a clone of my JKA install directory in order to be able to do this, otherwise it breaks my custom setup.

3. There is a "client mismatch" error in the current release that happens between the server releases and the client software where the client identifies itself as "basejka-1" instead of Movie Battles v1.3, and doesn't let the player on the server -- effectively rendering the whole mod quite useless.

On the subject of create game, starting that from a custom resolution will make it crash.

I'm running a custom resolution and I haven't experienced this problem.

So from what I can get from this, your normal game works? As in, multiplayer, joining a server and playing etc?

Yes, my custom version of OpenJK MP has no issues running and connecting to servers.

Edit: I just checked, and JAMP connects fine as well.

1: Aware of this. All we can do is force the launcher to check if all files transferred properly and do another file check when the update finishes. Right now it doesn't do that automaticly so a repair installation in the settings in the launcher would be recommended. Beyond that, all I can tell you is download speed depends on your internet connection.

2: This doesn't seem right to me. You shouldn't have to put any mod (cgame jampgame uix) DLLs in base for MBII to run. Let alone in GameData where as far as I am aware nothing will read/use it. I am however aware that if you don't use the launcher from MBII it will put certain DLLs in my documents/openjk/mbii. The folder may contain the extracted .dlls from the previous version, and prioritize those over the newly updated (1.3 DLLs) ones in our updated PK3s in the GameData->MBII folder.

3. Possibly caused by you moving DLLs, or not launching the game correctly. However, my point above may also apply.

These suggestions are not exactly helping, @@Tx606...

1: Aware of this. All we can do is force the launcher to check if all files transferred properly and do another file check when the update finishes. Right now it doesn't do that automaticly so a repair installation in the settings in the launcher would be recommended. Beyond that, all I can tell you is download speed depends on your internet connection.

My Internet speed is ADSL2, and I was getting 0.1 MBps speed from the MBII server. Either the actual speed/traffic on the server, or the distance of that server from my location is throttling the download.

2: This doesn't seem right to me. You shouldn't have to put any mod (cgame jampgame uix) DLLs in base for MBII to run. Let alone in GameData where as far as I am aware nothing will read/use it. I am however aware that if you don't use the launcher from MBII it will put certain DLLs in my documents/openjk/mbii. The folder may contain the extracted .dlls from the previous version, and prioritize those over the newly updated (1.3 DLLs) ones in our updated PK3s in the GameData->MBII folder.

I have no MBII folder in "Documents/My Games/openjk/". I've been using the MBII client (OpenJK) from the start. If what you're saying is true, then MBII is not compatible with other versions/releases of regular OpenJK.

3. Possibly caused by you moving DLLs, or not launching the game correctly. However, my point above may also apply.

I don't see how it is related to me moving DLLs if the DLLs in GameData are not taken into account. Currently my base folder contains the assets0-3 pk3s and ui.x86.dll only -- absolutely nothing else. I'm launching the game using the official launcher with the MBII client setting. My JKA install is up-to-date (patched to 1.01). Yet the client mismatch persists.

2. When jampgame.x86.dll (and/or cgame.x86.dll) are not present in the GameData folder, the installer will ignore the missing DLLs and still try to launch the game, resulting in crashes. Instead the installer/launcher should check if these files are available if needed and notify the user of their absence before launching the game.

Neither of those DLLs should be in the GameData folder, unless you're referring to GameData/MBII.

I have no MBII folder in "Documents/My Games/openjk/". I've been using the MBII client (OpenJK) from the start. If what you're saying is true, then MBII is not compatible with other versions/releases of regular OpenJK.

What folders do you see in the My Games/OpenJK/ folder? If you're running MBII then I would expect to see an MBII folder in there. This has nothing to do with the mod, this folder is created by OpenJK and the mod has no control over whether or not it gets created.

On the flip side, what folders do you see in your GameData/ folder? I'd also expect to see an MBII folder in here, containing all of the mod files.

Cerez and eezstreet like this

I can merely tell you what I know. If you want to dismiss what I'm telling you, that is your choice but it doesn't make what I'm saying invalid.

My Internet speed is ADSL2, and I was getting 0.1 MBps speed from the MBII server. Either the actual speed/traffic on the server, or the distance of that server from my location is throttling the download.

Possible. All I'm saying is that not everyone is having this problem. I for one was downloading at around 18 MB/s just fine the other day.

I'm not saying this. The way it current goes is that if you're using OpenJK without the launcher, it will write to those folders. Our launcher overrides this behaviour and forces it to the MBII folder, but again if you do not use the launcher to launch the game, then this override is not in place and it'll use my games instead. Anyway, if you're using the launcher and such then this is of no concern to you and you can ignore this, as it's not the case in your situation.

I don't see how it is related to me moving DLLs if the DLLs in GameData are not taken into account. Currently my base folder contains the assets1-3 pk3s and ui.x86.dll only -- absolutely nothing else. I'm launching the game using the official launcher with the MBII client setting. My JKA install is up-to-date (patched to 1.01). Yet the client mismatch persists.

Can you explain why you think those DLLs need to be in GameData? Serious question, as I do not understand why they need to be there. I'm aware of files like OpenAL, and OpenJKs renderer .dll and whatnot, I just don't see why any of the mod DLL files need to be in gamedata whatsoever.

The reason I was asking about you moving DLLs is because (in addition to the above):

MBII really needs a clean install of JKA for it to work properly. If you have a custom/later version of OpenJK, or have moved things around between base and GameData, chances are MBII will have trouble running.

the mod has no control over whether or not it gets created.

Correct, but he is using the launcher, and that does have control over it IIRC.

Haven't been playing it for a long while, so I may be wrong, but wasn't that "client mismatch" error fixed simply deleting the jampconfig.cfg in the MBII folder?

I haven't heard of this being the case, but it can't hurt to try in this case. However, if they're using OpenJK, they would have to delete openjk.cfg as that'd be the equivalent of jampconfig.cfg in that case.

I would like to remind people again - I am a retired MB2 dev, not a programmer, and that you'd likely have more help with this kinda deal on the MBII forums if this turns out to be a MBII specific issue.

I would like to remind people again - I am a retired MB2 dev, not a programmer, and that you'd likely have more help with this kinda deal on the MBII forums if this turns out to be a MBII specific issue.

Just to add to this further, I don't believe any of the active MB2 devs regularly visit these forums. So anyone here (I guess with the exception of Tx606) is basically waving our arms grasping for anything that might be wrong.
eezstreet and Tx606 like this

Haven't been playing it for a long while, so I may be wrong, but wasn't that "client mismatch" error fixed simply deleting the jampconfig.cfg in the MBII folder?

Good thinking, unfortunately it didn't help. Neither deleting jampconfig.cfg nor openjk.cfg in the MBII folder helped fix the mismatch.

Neither of those DLLs should be in the GameData folder, unless you're referring to GameData/MBII.

In that case MBII is not compatible with other releases of OpenJK, as moving (removing) the DLLs out of the main base folder is what fixed MBII's crashing behaviour. Or this could be a yet unknown bug in MBII's OpenJK binary implementation where it uses the DLLs from "base" instead of from "MBII"?

On the flip side, what folders do you see in your GameData/ folder? I'd also expect to see an MBII folder in here, containing all of the mod files.

I have an MBII folder in GameData, as created by the installer, that contains the mod's assets and configuration files. I have no MBII folder in "My Games/OpenJK".

Can you explain why you think those DLLs need to be in GameData? Serious question, as I do not understand why they need to be there. I'm aware of files like OpenAL, and OpenJKs renderer .dll and whatnot, I just don't see why any of the mod DLL files need to be in gamedata whatsoever.

The only reason I thought that is because I've assumed that MBII is using the base jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll, and moving those DLLs out of the base folder proved to fix MBII's crashing issue. As it is, it looks like MBII was crashing not because the files were missing, but because they were there, in base. It looks like it's conflicting with regular OpenJK.

I can merely tell you what I know...

Acknowledged, and point taken. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually listening to everything you're saying, and I appreciate your input.

If anyone with an established MBII forums account could point the devs to this JKHub thread URL, that'd be helpful. There's some good debugging information collected here.

Haven't been playing it for a long while, so I may be wrong, but wasn't that "client mismatch" error fixed simply deleting the jampconfig.cfg in the MBII folder?

The client mismatch error comes from the incorrect cgamex86.dll file being loaded, so deleting any config files won't help here.

In that case MBII is not compatible with other releases of OpenJK, as moving (removing) the DLLs out of the main base folder is what fixed MBII's crashing behaviour. Or this could be a yet unknown bug in MBII's OpenJK binary implementation where it uses the DLLs from "base" instead of from "MBII"?

When you say mentioned the "GameData folder", were you actually referring to "GameData/base"? That's what it sounds like from your response here.

I have an MBII folder in GameData, as created by the installer, that contains the mod's assets and configuration files. I have no MBII folder in "My Games/OpenJK"

Okay, that's fine. @@Tx606 mentioned that the launcher actually chooses not to use the My Games folder which is something I hadn't realised. So no problems here.

The only reason I thought that is because I've assumed that MBII is using the base jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll, and moving those DLLs out of the base folder proved to fix MBII's crashing issue. As it is, it looks like MBII was crashing not because the files were missing, but because they were there, in base. It looks like it's conflicting with regular OpenJK.

This doesn't make sense to me. OpenJK will load DLLs from the mod folder first, and only if it can't find the DLLs there, it will load the DLLs from the base/ folder. If you look in the console, you should see that some cgame DLLs failed to load (after connecting to a server). Can you post that list here please?

If anyone with an established MBII forums account could point the devs to this JKHub thread URL, that'd be helpful. There's some good debugging information collected here.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't be bothered to sign up to the MBII forums, why do you expect them to sign up here?
Cerez, Tx606 and eezstreet like this

When you say mentioned the "GameData folder", were you actually referring to "GameData/base"? That's what it sounds like from your response here.

No by "GameData" I mean just that: the GameData folder. GameData/base I called the "main base folder" or simply "base".

This doesn't make sense to me. OpenJK will load DLLs from the mod folder first, and only if it can't find the DLLs there, it will load the DLLs from the base/ folder. If you look in the console, you should see that some cgame DLLs failed to load (after connecting to a server). Can you post that list here please?

That's what I would think, too, but practical results show otherwise... I'll see if I can post the log after a failed connect (mismatch) here.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't be bothered to sign up to the MBII forums, why do you expect them to sign up here?

I don't expect anything, but no one needs to sign up in order to be able to read/reference the information posted here. I'm only suggesting that this information may be useful in helping fix the MBII client's working functions for everyone.

I won't sign up to the MBII forums, @@eezstreet, simply because personally I have no reason to be a member there.

I think I've identified the problem then. OpenJK (and jamp) used to incorrectly load game DLLs from the GameData/ folder as the first place to look. This would override all mod/base folder DLLs. I fixed this problem a few months ago, but it seems like MB2 hasn't been updated to include my fix. I think the question then is how those DLLs ended up in your GameData folder :P

Cerez likes this

I've moved them there for MBII to have access to jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll. Without them it was crashing after "Starting up...".

Here's the log:

OpenJK-MP: v1.0.1.0 win_msvc-x86 Mar 13 2015

----------------------
147864 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
execing openjk.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

------- Input Initialization -------
Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
----- Initializing Renderer ----
Trying to load "rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll" from "C:\Program Files
(x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData"...
QKEY found.
...initializing QGL
succeeded
...setting mode -1: 1366 768 FS
...using colorsbits of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (1366x768)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...50 PFDs found
...hardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 4 selected
...creating GL context: succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc available
...no tc preference specified
.....using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic available
...using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
...using GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
...using WGL_EXT_swap_control
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...GL_NV_register_combiners not found
...ignoring WGL_ARB_render_texture

GL_VENDOR: Intel
GL_RENDERER: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
GL_VERSION: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.3347
GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels
GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add
GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square
GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1
GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow
GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_fragment_program
GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_fragment_shader
GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_NV_texgen_reflection
GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow
GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_occlusion_query2
GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_ARB_multisample
GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_texture_rg
GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_NV_conditional_render
GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB
GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float
GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_array
GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_texture_snorm
GL_INTEL_performance_queries GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_sampler_objects
GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object
GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding
GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_texture_query_lod
GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex
GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions
GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32
GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui
GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_timer_query GL_INTEL_map_texture
GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_provoking_vertex
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 8192
GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 8

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: -1, 1366 x 768 fullscreen hz:60
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
picmip: 0
texture bits: 32
lightmap texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
compressed lightmaps: disabled
texture compression method: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
anisotropic filtering: enabled  (16 of 16)
Dynamic Glow: disabled

------- sound initialization -------
Initializing DirectSound
----- Sound Info -----
    1 stereo
32768 samples
   16 samplebits
    1 submission_chunk
44100 speed
0xd1b0050 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
VM_Create: uix86.dll failed!
VM_CreateLegacy: uix86.dll succeeded
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: Workstation
IP: 10.0.0.1
Opening IP socket: localhost:29070
sv_master1 is read only.
Requesting servers from the master master.moviebattles2.com ...
CL_ServersResponsePacket
32 servers parsed (total 32)
17 servers listed in browser with 70 players.
15 servers not listed due to filters, packet loss, or pings higher than 800
Requesting motd from update master.moviebattles2.com (176.31.240.63:29061)...
5.9.85.189:24070 resolved to 5.9.85.189:24070
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 (14 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\zz_MBModels2.pk3 (4736 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\zz_MBModels.pk3 (1654 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MB_Effects.pk3 (818 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBII_Mac.pk3 (3 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBII.pk3 (5 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBHilts.pk3 (779 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBAssets3.pk3 (2259 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBAssets2.pk3 (1713 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBAssets.pk3 (616 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MB2_yavinassault.pk3 (88 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_um_assets3.pk3 (1066 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_um_assets2.pk3 (3834 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_um_assets.pk3 (1110 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_tradefed.pk3 (299 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_theed.pk3 (114 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_tatooine.pk3 (173 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_tantiveIV.pk3 (158 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_smuggler.pk3 (55 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_SDestroyer.pk3 (128 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_sb_destroyer.pk3 (395 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_republiccruiser.pk3 (712 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_rc_hangarC.pk3 (337 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_mygeeto.pk3 (141 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_mustafar.pk3 (197 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_moseisley.pk3 (1 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_lunarbase.pk3 (64 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_korriban.pk3 (52 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_kamino.pk3 (392 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_jeditemple.pk3 (414 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_jabba.pk3 (126 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_enclave.pk3 (265 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_echobase.pk3 (82 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_yavin4.pk3 (68 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_votj.pk3 (47 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_utapau.pk3 (63 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_starforge.pk3 (115 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_senate.pk3 (71 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_sabh.pk3 (62 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_revan.pk3 (129 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_ravager.pk3 (81 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_office.pk3 (115 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_malachor.pk3 (101 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_emperor.pk3 (146 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_dotf.pk3 (267 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_deathstar.pk3 (344 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_Coruscant_chase.pk3 (230 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_corellia.pk3 (254 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MB2_Commtower.pk3 (255 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3 (981 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3 (4330 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets.pk3 (1842 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cloudcity.pk3 (272 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_boc.pk3 (539 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_BF_Geonosis.pk3 (310 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_alderaan.pk3 (244 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\FAMBModels.pk3 (1746 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\03_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (6398 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\031_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2139 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\02_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2946 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\01_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (3293 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 (14 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\zz_MBModels2.pk3 (4736 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\zz_MBModels.pk3 (1654 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MB_Effects.pk3 (818 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBII_Mac.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBII.pk3 (5 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBHilts.pk3 (779 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBAssets3.pk3 (2259 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBAssets2.pk3 (1713 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBAssets.pk3 (616 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MB2_yavinassault.pk3 (88 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_um_assets3.pk3 (1066 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_um_assets2.pk3 (3834 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_um_assets.pk3 (1110 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_tradefed.pk3 (299 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_theed.pk3 (114 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_tatooine.pk3 (173 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_tantiveIV.pk3 (158 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_smuggler.pk3 (55 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_SDestroyer.pk3 (128 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_sb_destroyer.pk3 (395 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_republiccruiser.pk3 (712 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_rc_hangarC.pk3 (337 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_mygeeto.pk3 (141 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_mustafar.pk3 (197 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_moseisley.pk3 (1 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_lunarbase.pk3 (64 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_korriban.pk3 (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_kamino.pk3 (392 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_jeditemple.pk3 (414 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_jabba.pk3 (126 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_enclave.pk3 (265 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_echobase.pk3 (82 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_yavin4.pk3 (68 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_votj.pk3 (47 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_utapau.pk3 (63 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_starforge.pk3 (115 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_senate.pk3 (71 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_sabh.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_revan.pk3 (129 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_ravager.pk3 (81 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_office.pk3 (115 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_malachor.pk3 (101 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_emperor.pk3 (146 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_dotf.pk3 (267 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_deathstar.pk3 (344 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_Coruscant_chase.pk3 (230 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_corellia.pk3 (254 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MB2_Commtower.pk3 (255 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3 (981 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3 (4330 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets.pk3 (1842 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cloudcity.pk3 (272 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_boc.pk3 (539 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_BF_Geonosis.pk3 (310 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_alderaan.pk3 (244 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\FAMBModels.pk3 (1746 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\03_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (6398 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\031_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\02_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2946 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\01_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (3293 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base

handle 1: music/ThemeMusicB19.mp3
----------------------

WARNING: You are missing some files referenced by the server:
MBII/zz_MBModels.pk3 (local file exists with wrong checksum)
You might not be able to join the game
Go to the setting menu to turn on autodownload, or get the file elsewhere

VM_Create: cgamex86.dll succeeded
ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: basejka-1/Movie Battles II V1.3
DROPPED
]condump clientmismatch.txt
Dumped console text to clientmismatch.txt.
I forgot to switch it to NVIDIA... nevermind...

There are a few funny things happening. The cgame.x86.dll is loaded from GameData -- which confirms our suspicion -- and "MBII/zz_MBModels.pk3" is the wrong checksum even though the client/mod is up-to-date and repaired/checked as OK.

Edit: Perhaps I need to copy jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll from "GameData/MBII" into "GameData" to fix this client mismatch, then?

I don't expect anything, but no one needs to sign up in order to be able to read/reference the information posted here. I'm only suggesting that this information may be useful in helping fix the MBII client's working functions for everyone.

I won't sign up to the MBII forums, @@eezstreet, simply because personally I have no reason to be a member there.

You state a reason why it would be good to sign up to the forums and then say you have no reason to sign up to the forums.

b28a3a52ee99399a5389e758f7de87b6.gif

I've moved them there for MBII to have access to jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll. Without them it was crashing after "Starting up...".

Here's the log:

OpenJK-MP: v1.0.1.0 win_msvc-x86 Mar 13 2015

----------------------
execing mpdefault.cfg
execing openjk.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

------- Input Initialization -------
Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.
----- Initializing Renderer ----
Trying to load "rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll" from "C:\Program Files
(x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData"...
QKEY found.
...initializing QGL
succeeded
...setting mode -1: 1366 768 FS
...using colorsbits of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (1366x768)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...50 PFDs found
...hardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 4 selected
...creating GL context: succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc available
...no tc preference specified
.....using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic available
...using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
...using GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
...using WGL_EXT_swap_control
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...GL_NV_register_combiners not found
...ignoring WGL_ARB_render_texture

GL_VENDOR: Intel
GL_RENDERER: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
GL_VERSION: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.3347
GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels
GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add
GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square
GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1
GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow
GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_fragment_program
GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_fragment_shader
GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_NV_texgen_reflection
GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow
GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_occlusion_query2
GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_ARB_multisample
GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_texture_rg
GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_NV_conditional_render
GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB
GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float
GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_array
GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_texture_snorm
GL_INTEL_performance_queries GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_sampler_objects
GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object
GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding
GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_texture_query_lod
GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex
GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions
GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32
GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui
GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_timer_query GL_INTEL_map_texture
GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_provoking_vertex
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 8192
GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 8

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: -1, 1366 x 768 fullscreen hz:60
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
picmip: 0
texture bits: 32
lightmap texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
compressed lightmaps: disabled
texture compression method: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
anisotropic filtering: enabled  (16 of 16)
Dynamic Glow: disabled

------- sound initialization -------
Initializing DirectSound
----- Sound Info -----
    1 stereo
32768 samples
   16 samplebits
    1 submission_chunk
44100 speed
0xd1b0050 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: Workstation
IP: 10.0.0.1
Opening IP socket: localhost:29070
sv_master1 is read only.
Requesting servers from the master master.moviebattles2.com ...
CL_ServersResponsePacket
32 servers parsed (total 32)
17 servers listed in browser with 70 players.
15 servers not listed due to filters, packet loss, or pings higher than 800
Requesting motd from update master.moviebattles2.com (176.31.240.63:29061)...
5.9.85.189:24070 resolved to 5.9.85.189:24070
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 (14 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\zz_MBModels2.pk3 (4736 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\zz_MBModels.pk3 (1654 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MB_Effects.pk3 (818 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBII_Mac.pk3 (3 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBII.pk3 (5 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBHilts.pk3 (779 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBAssets3.pk3 (2259 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBAssets2.pk3 (1713 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MBAssets.pk3 (616 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MB2_yavinassault.pk3 (88 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_um_assets3.pk3 (1066 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_um_assets2.pk3 (3834 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_um_assets.pk3 (1110 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_tradefed.pk3 (299 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_theed.pk3 (114 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_tatooine.pk3 (173 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_tantiveIV.pk3 (158 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_smuggler.pk3 (55 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_SDestroyer.pk3 (128 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_sb_destroyer.pk3 (395 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_republiccruiser.pk3 (712 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_rc_hangarC.pk3 (337 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_mygeeto.pk3 (141 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_mustafar.pk3 (197 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_moseisley.pk3 (1 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_lunarbase.pk3 (64 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_korriban.pk3 (52 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_kamino.pk3 (392 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_jeditemple.pk3 (414 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_jabba.pk3 (126 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_enclave.pk3 (265 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_echobase.pk3 (82 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_yavin4.pk3 (68 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_votj.pk3 (47 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_utapau.pk3 (63 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_starforge.pk3 (115 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_senate.pk3 (71 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_sabh.pk3 (62 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_revan.pk3 (129 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_ravager.pk3 (81 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_office.pk3 (115 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_malachor.pk3 (101 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_duel_emperor.pk3 (146 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_dotf.pk3 (267 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_deathstar.pk3 (344 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_Coruscant_chase.pk3 (230 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_corellia.pk3 (254 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\MB2_Commtower.pk3 (255 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3 (981 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3 (4330 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets.pk3 (1842 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_cloudcity.pk3 (272 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_boc.pk3 (539 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_BF_Geonosis.pk3 (310 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\mb2_alderaan.pk3 (244 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\FAMBModels.pk3 (1746 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\03_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (6398 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\031_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2139 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\02_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2946 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII\01_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (3293 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\MBII
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 (14 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\zz_MBModels2.pk3 (4736 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\zz_MBModels.pk3 (1654 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MB_Effects.pk3 (818 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBII_Mac.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBII.pk3 (5 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBHilts.pk3 (779 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBAssets3.pk3 (2259 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBAssets2.pk3 (1713 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MBAssets.pk3 (616 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MB2_yavinassault.pk3 (88 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_um_assets3.pk3 (1066 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_um_assets2.pk3 (3834 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_um_assets.pk3 (1110 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_tradefed.pk3 (299 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_theed.pk3 (114 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_tatooine.pk3 (173 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_tantiveIV.pk3 (158 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_smuggler.pk3 (55 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_SDestroyer.pk3 (128 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_sb_destroyer.pk3 (395 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_republiccruiser.pk3 (712 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_rc_hangarC.pk3 (337 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_mygeeto.pk3 (141 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_mustafar.pk3 (197 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_moseisley.pk3 (1 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_lunarbase.pk3 (64 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_korriban.pk3 (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_kamino.pk3 (392 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_jeditemple.pk3 (414 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_jabba.pk3 (126 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_enclave.pk3 (265 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_echobase.pk3 (82 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_yavin4.pk3 (68 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_votj.pk3 (47 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_utapau.pk3 (63 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_starforge.pk3 (115 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_senate.pk3 (71 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_sabh.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_revan.pk3 (129 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_ravager.pk3 (81 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_office.pk3 (115 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_malachor.pk3 (101 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_duel_emperor.pk3 (146 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_dotf.pk3 (267 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_deathstar.pk3 (344 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_Coruscant_chase.pk3 (230 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_corellia.pk3 (254 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\MB2_Commtower.pk3 (255 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3 (981 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3 (4330 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets.pk3 (1842 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_cloudcity.pk3 (272 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_boc.pk3 (539 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_BF_Geonosis.pk3 (310 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\mb2_alderaan.pk3 (244 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\FAMBModels.pk3 (1746 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\03_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (6398 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\031_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\02_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2946 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII\01_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (3293 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\MBII
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Movie Battles II/GameData/\base
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Movie Battles II\GameData\base

handle 1: music/ThemeMusicB19.mp3
----------------------

WARNING: You are missing some files referenced by the server:
MBII/zz_MBModels.pk3 (local file exists with wrong checksum)
You might not be able to join the game
Go to the setting menu to turn on autodownload, or get the file elsewhere

VM_Create: cgamex86.dll succeeded
ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: basejka-1/Movie Battles II V1.3
DROPPED
]condump clientmismatch.txt
Dumped console text to clientmismatch.txt.
I forgot to switch it to NVIDIA... nevermind...

There are a few funny things happening. The cgame.x86.dll is loaded from GameData -- which confirms our suspicion -- and "MBII/zz_MBModels.pk3" is the wrong checksum even though the client/mod is up-to-date and repaired/checked as OK.

Edit: Perhaps I need to copy jampgame.x86.dll and cgame.x86.dll from "GameData/MBII" into "GameData" to fix this client mismatch, then?

MBII/zz_MBModels.pk3 being wrong checksum doesn't prove anything because the PK3 is always different on client/server (intentionally)

Remove the cgamex86.dll from Gamedata. It doesn't belong there.