A coding tutorial - what would be wanted?

I've been pondering over writing a different type of coding tutorial, one that doesn't involve "how to do X" but instead explains some of the better points of programming for the game, not a how-to tutorial.

I've already got a tutorial in the works that explains C/C++ on the context of JKA programming. Instead of throwing the book at people (literally) this one is more specialized and shows more by doing than by explaining.

My question is, what needs explaining exactly? I want to hear input from other programmers and people who would benefit from the tutorials.

tl;dr #1: I'm writing some coding tutorials that aren't how-to or copy/paste guides and need some input. Already writing one about C++.

tl;dr #2: no, I'm not writing an SP version of X tutorial or "how to do Y". Too specialized and existing tutorials cover most of the subject matter anyway.

most of the stuff here i do know a little about but learn more in a really good and understanding way would help me but also a lot others who maybe not know that much about it. i hope this is what you wanted to hear about or else correct me on it :)

i think the best way is to tell.

How to use a Function a sec maybe from bg_saber,c in to w_saber.c just as a eksimpel 

what it means when you have a static function call

why you need a extern function call

why you are using Int Function_NAME instead of float, qboolean, void.

what it means in side this stuff here a function caller ?? what ever it is call :D (gentity_t *ent, int somthing, qbooloean somthing, float somthing )

what it means when you use when you use qboolean, int, float, vec1,2,3_t in a statement

some standard operators in jka

how to make a cvar

most of the stuff here i do know a little but about but learn more in a really good and understanding way would help me but also a lot others who maybe not know that much about it. i hope this is what you wanted to hear about or else correct me on it :)

i think the best way is to tell.

How to use a Function a sec maybe from bg_saber,c in to w_saber.c just as a eksimpel 

what it means when you have a static function call

why you need a extern function call

why you are using Int Function_NAME instead of float, qboolean

what it means in side this stuff her a function caller ?? what ever it is call :D (gentity_t *ent, int somthing, qbooloean somthing, float somthing )

what it means when you use when you use qboolean, int, float, vec1,2,3_t in a statement

some standard operators in jka

how to make a cvar

i agree. should be nice a tutorial with a deep explanation of the syntaxis of JKA code.

functions, declarations, voids, if, else if, etc. and how working the calling and the interaction between code files.

in other words, the method for build all the complex infrastructure required to works to a new code instruction, the interaction between functions etc etc.

the more difficult thing to understand of the code are two point.

i wanna compare the programming code of JKA to a Genetical Code. (i am more good in biology that in programming)

and so the princiapal issue of understanding are...

- how is done a "gene" and work a "gene" of the code (a function)

- how the genes (functiones) of the cromosomes (files) dialogue each others.

:)

Slight bump, the C/C++ primer is now available here: http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/200-c-and-c-primer/

I haven't received any feedback at all on it, and it would be much appreciated.

I did it. When i end my actual map works i want to try to add a new weapon on SP. your tutorial will be very useful for understand how tell to code what i desire, and for avoid the crushing or bad syntaxis. :)