Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is straight ahead on its way, and because of that,

I've decided to create a topic not only for MGS:V, but for every game of the series.

I played the first game almost immediately after its release. Even though the theme of the game was more mature

than any other game I've ever played before, there was something about this game that kept me going.

I never skipped one songle dialog until I finished the game. It was genuinely exciting, a true masterpiece.

Every game is a unique experience and has its own feel. I especially love the characters, even the villains, 

who have their own unique identity with an interesting background. To me, the whole Metal Gear Solid series is

probably the most important gaming series I've ever played.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 2 years later...

If you have any models or skins that have been made specifically for Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast, go ahead, contact the original creators and ask if you can upload them here on JKHub.

But if you are talking about ported models: No, that's not possible on this site.

Anyway, the only skin pack I know was made by Tyrael64, which contains Solid Snake, Meryl, Otacon, Liquid, Revolver Ocelot, Raven, Psycho Mantis and Sniper Wolf:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Skins/Skin%20Packs/80018/

Another one was made by @@Plasma, which is a Snake skin pack:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Skins/Skin%20Packs/91356/

I'm "so-so" on metal gear games but then again I only played Revengeance and 5 Phantom pain - the last of which is... well, to put it bluntly, one of the more boring games I've tried out. Revengeance, tho, hell... I cut everything into a million pieces - before, again, getting bored of the rest and being disappointed on how short the game seemed to be (started and finished in one afternoon).

to put it bluntly, one of the more boring games I've tried out.

At least for the intro, my sentiments exactly. Watching a starting video about it as someone who never played any game of that series, it didn't impress me positively. I almost felt like they hoped that the characters or the brand name would make up for whatever that strange thing was. I couldn't get myself to watch more of it.

I have played most of the metal gear games so guess that means that I'm a fan of that franchise.

I'm "so-so" on metal gear games but then again I only played Revengeance and 5 Phantom pain - the last of which is... well, to put it bluntly, one of the more boring games I've tried out. Revengeance, tho, hell... I cut everything into a million pieces - before, again, getting bored of the rest and being disappointed on how short the game seemed to be (started and finished in one afternoon).

Unfortunately it also doesn't help that Phantom Pain was considered one of the best games of the year even though that it had a poor open world.(Even inferior to the first 3D GTA game,GTA 3)

The only way to make the game enjoyable is playing the main missions and don't free roam at all.(Which destroys the whole purpose of being an open world)

At least for the intro, my sentiments exactly. Watching a starting video about it as someone who never played any game of that series, it didn't impress me positively. I almost felt like they hoped that the characters or the brand name would make up for whatever that strange thing was. I couldn't get myself to watch more of it.

Unfortunately one main problem that most Metal Gear games have is that they are too dependent to the previous ones story wise.(You have to play the previous ones to understand the story) excluding MGS 3 and MGS 1. 

I have played most of the metal gear games so guess that means that I'm a fan of that franchise.

Unfortunately it also doesn't help that Phantom Pain was considered one of the best games of the year even though that it had a poor open world.(Even inferior to the first 3D GTA game,GTA 3)

The only way to make the game enjoyable is playing the main missions and don't free roam at all.(Which destroys the whole purpose of being an open world)

Unfortunately one main problem that most Metal Gear games have is that they are too dependent to the previous ones story wise.(You have to play the previous ones to understand the story) excluding MGS 3 and MGS 1. 

MGSV GZ/PP earned game of the year, it wasn't because of its open world, it wasn't because of the story; it was because of the freedom of choice, because of the fact it was so easy to pick it up and play guns blazing, or full stealth, or be a complete goofball and only use decoys and the box. Its full of nearly endless possibilities, and won me, the press, and millions of people over, its addicting as hell.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this