Windows 10

Soooo....JKA won't start SP or MP for me after I upgraded to Windows 10. It'll get to the first title screen (one before the Lucasarts animation thingy) and then crash. I am using the Steam version of the game if that makes any difference. Sorry if this has already been answered!

Thanks for reminding me about this lol.

Gonna try it out on my laptop first since all I use that for is tuning my cars computer and having a means to browse the web when I'm out of town in a hotel.

If it were an OpenGL issue the console would stay running and let you know.

Try to find a way to generate a crash log.

Try running in compatibility mode and as an administrator.

Won't run in either, same problems...something interesting - I only get the message "Jedi Academy has stopped working" for SP, MP it just closes and doesn't tell me anything

Wouldn't you get a console display about OpenGL not installed or something or is this something entirely different like an instant crash to desktop with an error.With something like this program is not responding.By the way is this a fresh install of JK3.I don't own, intend, or even want to buy Windows 10 after hearing about its issues.

Thanks for reminding me about this lol.

Gonna try it out on my laptop first since all I use that for is tuning my cars computer and having a means to browse the web when I'm out of town in a hotel.

If it were an OpenGL issue the console would stay running and let you know.

Try to find a way to generate a crash log.

Not for me, on my old laptop yes, but on this one the game just crashes.

I might try and install JA but I doubt I'll bother on this laptop since it's more a "work" laptop, I know my desktop wont have problems running JA despite and OS change.

Those of you who are having problems your issues are hardware related and not OS since many others have no problems,

Don't know why you reverted back when the OS isn't the problem, if it were then no one using Windows 10 would be able to play JA and that hasn't been the case.

I reverted because it was causing other problems (weird sound, messed up resolution in CS:GO)

Could it be just that its hitting the crash because of extension string size?  :lol:

Does OpenJK work?

I don't think I have OpenJK installed...how do I go about doing that without messing up all my other mods and such

I'm running Windows 10 Home and haven't had any issues with Jedi Academy. Can't say if the vanilla game works without tweaks as I'm currently running OpenJK. I can also confirm that Radiant 1.4.0 and the compiler work without issues.