What will you miss most from JK3Files?

Circa

Miss most about JK3Files?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will you miss most about JK3Files?

• Mod reviews by staff
    • Contests
    • Picture of the Day
    • Featured mods
    • Modder Interviews
    • JK3Files Uncut (web comic)
    • The staff
    • Other (explain below)

Damn, can't believe I forgot lucasforums, that's actually where I learned how to work the PCJ list thingie to keep the heirarchy in tact so that my rig would export properly, super old thread made by ASk, creator of GLAMerge.

I posted there almost as much as FF, pcgamemods was 3rd and void was 4th but kinda rare.

I really enjoyed the reviews from staff. It was fun, often comprehensive and people also gave their opinion on the model/mod/map/skin from the point of a player, a designer and a Star Wars fan. Some were really curious to read, and even more interesting to be found much later, like 5+ years later. For instance when Episode I and II models were coming, the comments were a bit different. Later on when reading them, you understand, that the reviewers might have said something else, now that Episode III was out, with The Force Unleashed and other projects released as well.

For me JK3files remain part of JO/JA certain life period. It's like watching the movies from 1980s, which can still be great.

I will miss that site a lot, but JKhub is a great new place for the community to move over to. It's fresh and new. 

I will mostly miss all the old and cool files and work that was on that site and hopefully not gone entirely. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll miss all of the outcast models. Not all the academy files work with outcast and this website doesnt show which file is for what game. It was better organized. Plus searching with this site is strange. Like if I type RGB I get nothing even though their are at least 4 mods with that in the title. Two of them being mine.

I'll miss all of the outcast models. Not all the academy files work with outcast and this website doesnt show which file is for what game. It was better organized. Plus searching with this site is strange. Like if I type RGB I get nothing even though their are at least 4 mods with that in the title. Two of them being mine.

All JK2 files are tagged as such and can be filtered to only show that tag. You can see them at this link.

I agree though, they should be separate. It was something I was planning on doing at one point.

Also, the search function is the fault of the server. It limits searches to 4+ characters. Annoying, I know.

All JK2 files are tagged as such and can be filtered to only show that tag. You can see them at this link.

I agree though, they should be separate. It was something I was planning on doing at one point.

Also, the search function is the fault of the server. It limits searches to 4+ characters. Annoying, I know.

I didn't know about the filter thanks! Still, I wonder how many good mods just didnt get noticed. A lot of the mod authors seem to have just vanished. Moved on to other games.

I've been scraping by via using archive.org to browse the site and look for the equivalent name of a file I want back on Gamefront. And then using a proxy to download the file in itself.

Y'know, anything that can be done to try to at least get stuff from the abyss.