Video games that make some things better than Star Wars video games.

I think there are certain games that have made certain things better than Star Wars games and new Star Wars games could imitate.

1. Advent Rising: Force powers more powerful and efficient.

2. Dark Souls: oppressive duels against creatures of the dark side of the Force:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Wraith

3. Dishonored: vertical motion under the super-agility and to choose lethal or non-lethal approaches in missions: dark side or light side.

4. Metal Gear Solid Rising: to curtail enemies precisely with the lightsaber and reject supersonic projectiles with the lightsaber regularly.

5. Path of Neo: use of Force for dodge blasters instead of lightsaber and unarmed combat.

6. The Elder Scrolls IV: open world.

7. Tomb Raider: explore Jedi / Sith tombs for unique objects, solve puzles, dodge traps and fight with the guardians of the tomb.

What do you think?

The combat system of JKA is unique, meaning that no other game has done a better or worse job at it. There are games whose combat is more fun or intricate, but their mechanics are not comparable to or compatible with JKA's. So although I like Dark Messiah's gameplay, I wouldn't want JK4 to be like that. I'd rather want JK4 to do what JKA did, just better - and since no other game has done what JKA did, no other game can be used as an object of imitation.

Except for JK2.

I love Dishonored/Dark Messiah (same developers btw) but the combat system wouldn't be fitting for a SW game imo.

What I'd like to see is an open world SW game with elements of games like Elder Scrolls, Assassins Creed and Jedi Knight.

eezstreet and Circa like this

There are dozens if not hundreds of games, which show, that Star Wars also could be very-very good. It was when I played GTA San Andreas, I couldn't understand, why Star Wars couldn't create something as large and deep, regarding revisiting familiar places and seeing known faces.

KOTOR is an example, when a bright and good idea came to a mind, because the people who know how to make games, worked on Star Wars and made a decent and high-quality product, which is acclaimed by many as the best SW game released in 15 years. Many other couldn't surpass this, and after 2010 I can't name any game at all.

With all said above, I am sure, that the Jedi Academy would still be an important part of the SW community, because even if they make a cool game with movements, dozens of characters, new planets, etc. It won't be modded-friendly. This trait of the old games, gives an additional weight to old games like Jedi Academy.

I'd argue that most other games do things better than SW games do. :P SW games are my favorite, but it seems they are always developed by small companies and don't seem quite as smooth or polished as mainstream games do. Or make good stories for that matter. KOTOR and DF might be the only really good stories so far.

I want an open world Star Wars game so bad. If Bethesda or Ubisoft made a Star Wars game, I'd die happy.

I also want a stealth based game, either with a Jedi/Sith character and combat, or a Splinter Cell-esque agent game. This is why I was sad to see 1313 go. The combat looked awesome.

I'm really glad Lucasarts is dead, because they limited themselves too much. 

afi likes this

I'd actually love to play a new Jedi Knight game, that has the combat system of Assassin's Creed ( hit + block + parry ) with a few gadgets like rope
and with the ability to pick up weapons, rahter than having a full inventory of weapons in this, imaginary pocket similar to Grand Theft Auto.
Being able to Force Jump to upper areas, avoiding troopers, ambushing them, sneaking trough a crowded dancefloor into Reelo's Office.   :D

I couldn't care less abour Rosh and Jaden, it was always about Kyle. Luke fits in perfectly, but it's about Kyle and Jan. I'd love to see that again. Fresh.
Mass Effect games are great for being able to explore the galaxy, to upgrade your ship and weapons, to make decicions that affect the story. That would fit JK.

7. Tomb Raider: explore Jedi / Sith tombs for unique objects, solve puzles, dodge traps and fight with the guardians of the tomb.

What do you think?

Im actually working on a single player jka mission that follows that theme exactly. Stay tuned in case a miracle happens and I actually get it done and release it ;)