JAWS Skins & Ish

One thing that's always bugged me about any Stormtrooper model in the game, be it base game model or newly created models.. They lack a certain level of sheen (or "shine") to the armour. There's only the odd coupla' models that have it, such as AshuraDX's Clone Trooper and Barricade24's OT Stormtrooper. But it's the little details like that, that really bring the model to life. Not to mention the added authenticity and model accuracy.

Stormtroopers_f36ff76a.jpeg

first-order-stormtroopers_cad1562c.jpeg

One thing that's always bugged me about any Stormtrooper model in the game, be it base game model or newly created models.. They lack a certain level of sheen (or "shine") to the armour. There's only the odd coupla' models that have it, such as AshuraDX's Clone Trooper and Barricade24's OT Stormtrooper. But it's the little details like that, that really bring the model to life. Not to mention the added authenticity and model accuracy.

If you ask me? It's becauuse the light processing in the game isn't good enough to make adding it worth it.

ANYWAY, preview.

Found the model on Night Owl Forums. Textures are mine though. :)

LLNa1qt.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The weighing might be a bit borked on the neck, I could probably fix it (and explain how I did).

Lemme add: works fine in modview and the textures are all good. Also the textures of the front sgow when viewing in normal 3d person view.

3 guesses from me,

1. either the normals are inverted

2. too high polygon count?

3. are they welded correctly?

1) Prolly the normals. I had a lot of trouble with them when I was making the actual helmet.

2) nope, all under 1K.

3) not quite sure what you mean.

You say it looks fine in Modview? Could I have a screenshot to try and diagnose the issue?

No need my friend, I did some reconfiguring and am almost done fixing it. I have no idea what the hell happened but I manually flipped every normal after reimporting the file as a GLM.

Whatever I did fixed it, just going to take some ingame screens, make a few final tweaks, and be done. ;)

Kualan likes this
  • 3 weeks later...