If you guys like Jedi Knight, you might also enjoy Blade Symphony.

• 5 weeks later...

It is quite fun but a bit slow paced compared to JK2/JKA. Also, it use to just be 1v1 duels but now there is 2v1 or 2v2 and FFA modes.

I'd say, if you want realistic swords-fight in JK3, go find RP organization that works on OJP. It won't be perfect, nothing really is on this game, but that's the start.

I sometimes host a katana samura/ninja rp server on jka called Ronin Academy, not many ppl would join though. xD maybe i need to make a forum

• 2 weeks later...

BS is a good game. Problem with it is, in first point, the same as chivalry and most of the games out there related to swordfighting. You run all the time. Is more important the fact of knowing how to exploit the ingame mechanics than to have good reflexes and make intuitive fighting. In adittion, characters are a little bit unbalanced. But is a good game after all. I sometimes go to play.

If you guys want a good game, try Evolution of Combat mod for JKA. Is OJP based, I think. You can find it on moddb. It is still in development, and in December, the 4th version is going to be released.

Chivalry is all about having "good reflexes and making intuitive fighting" though.

And in fact I would say I enjoy chivalry more than BS. In fact is a game I enjoyed a lot. The problem with chivalry is that it has very limited movement. But is fun enough, though

Uhm, I'm sorry. How does Chivalry have anything more than 'block', 'attack 1', 'attack 2', 'attack 3' button again?

In my experience it doesn't have different attack states, a real way to change in between attacks, no real movement influence (as mentioned).

I'd rather play street fighter or smash melee :')

Not really... You forgot feinting and mouse dragging. You can influence the movement almost like in JK, the only real difference is that the weapon deals damage only once. Feinting and mouse dragging are the reason why you need super fast reflexes in that game, way more than in JK sabering actually.

When you play Chivalry the way you've mentioned it you get rekt in seconds.

Jedi Academy still got the better combat system (and probably also the higher skill ceiling) though.

Wasa likes this

This looks like a fun game, but this is not at all like Jedi Knight. They are similar, but not the same by a long shot, only on a superficial level. I'm about to try it out since I apparently own it. My opinion by the videos, which are by no means fair since its hard to tell how gameplay is without playing it, is this. 

1. Aiming

It doesn't look like it has auto aim, or auto focusing like I originally thought, but it clearly is a lot easier to keep your eye on your opponent. They maybe a good or bad thing, but making someone lose track of you in a duel was a valid strategy in Jedi Knight.

2. Combat swings.

This is a big one. I can't tell too well, but it looks like the swings for each "stance" fast/balanced/heavy do not seem to have much change in animation and swing angels. In Jedi Knight you had 7-8 swings per stance "depending on single/staff/or two". As well as one "special move" and the roll stabs in Jedi Academy. Knowing when to do what swing was very important. Foot work played an important part here to, the swings where based on the direction you where going "when you hit the attack button" so mastering those quick key presses while still going the direction you wanted was a very necessary skill that also let you know instantly who was new at the game and who wasn't. New players would "W + M1" or move forward while attacking doing an overhead forward swing in blue or yellow stance. Most veteran players would know to do side swings as they came close.

Each swing was important, the orientation of your swings greatly mattered especially with how acrobatic Jedi and Sith are. No swing was any more important then any other swing, some just had more uses then others though. Some swings chained better with other swings, while others would give you a longer attack animation that left you open. I could write a long rant post about that.

3. Block

I can't tell if there is blocking in Blade Symphony. Although I wish Jedi Outcast/Academy has a block button, its Auto block had many strength and weaknesses. Also, the force, so it made "sense" why your character would autoblock. :)

The autoblock in Jk2/JA required that you where looking dead ahead at the opponent and the swing. If someone hit you in the back or the side it would block as well or at all. Also, your blocks where better if you where standing still as appose to walking and even better then running. Also, if you where attacking, your character would not block. You could also parry in JK2/JA. Mastering hitting someone on the side as appose to head on was very important. I personally wished JK2/JA had a block button as well as the auto block for more added levels of "Blocking". Movie battles 2 Block mechanics are pretty sketchy at best though.