assets1.pk3 wont open in pakscape

I know how to skin but since deleting all my old skinning stuff, i'm getting back into it. Now I need access to _humanoid to put into my dummy base folder but I just can't seem to get assets1.pk3 to open in pakscape as the title says.

Any other file I can open so I'm a little confused. Corrupt file maybe?

I thought it was corrupted but my JKA works fine with no problems.

I have tried opening it using pakscape and double clicking but no error comes up, just refuses to open. :S

Tried the whole "Open with..." thing when you right click? Keyten may be right in saying that you might have to open it with some other archiver.

I have tried opening it using pakscape and double clicking but no error comes up, just refuses to open. :S

Hmm... Sound like trouble with permissions (like the user account has no read permission on the file). What operating system are you using? Can you do a permissions repair, or check the file's permissions (and compare them with say assets0.pk3)?

Try these:

- Dragging the file onto Pakscape.exe

- Running Pakscape and opening the file from inside it.

- Changing PK3 file association to open Pakscape.

Nope. Still refuses to open no matter what I try. No error message either, but what is most strange is that certain other PK3 files open but any of the Assets do not. They must be corrupted. Any idea where I can replace them?

Nope. Still refuses to open no matter what I try. No error message either, but what is most strange is that certain other PK3 files open but any of the Assets do not. They must be corrupted. Any idea where I can replace them?

How you show the file preview? you see the icon of pakscape with TT symbol and green box, or you look as "unknown" format?

if is a problem like that of the format of file, you can go to folders option and hallow the "show file estension" option of your OS, and you can rename as assest1.zip or assest1.pk3 the file. after you turn off the "file extension option. and this should fix.

if this not fix your file is corrupted. i can host my assest1... but i need to split with 7zip in more pieces for upload >.< at moment i have not dropbox. and the site i use of free uploads get a 300 megabyte of limits size file.