Star Wars Warzone (W.I.P)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Mappers:
* Volumetric lighting. All you need to do is set the intensity of your light to a negative value.

I do use negative values sometimes using lights.  It does help getting an area a little darker sometimes.  So if I make a map and have a light with a negative value to cancel light within the radius, what is this volumetric lighting going to do?  Make the light that is supposed to be dark, glow?  I would think others may use negative lights also.in their maps.  Or maybe I'm such an old schooler, I may be the only person using them.

The last 2 maps I have made have a negative light in there somewhere.

thats not true :D i just get over 150+ in fps atm and i also think the new nvidia driver for my cards did somthing. but after i turn off rend2 sun "somthing cvar i got high fps" shoots still impact the efx but not as heavy as it used to be

fb07b10c6a46fae9ff265db9bea51cf6.jpg

I do use negative values sometimes using lights.  It does help getting an area a little darker sometimes.  So if I make a map and have a light with a negative value to cancel light within the radius, what is this volumetric lighting going to do?  Make the light that is supposed to be dark, glow?  I would think others may use negative lights also.in their maps.  Or maybe I'm such an old schooler, I may be the only person using them.

The last 2 maps I have made have a negative light in there somewhere.

The negative values for volumetric thing was removed in a newer faster version of volumelight shader a few months ago. All lights are now volumetric if volumetric light is turned on.

Not sure what negative value lights would do with this. Probably would get volumetric black lights I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

relax guys :P i have plans for making a new video at some point :P ofc Uniq could show the fps in his pic :P

the scope view is still a little buggy as it renderer 2 times on the same screen i hope this can be fixed at some point. but im pretty happy how the scopes works now :)

Looks nice.  It's like you guys tried to merger JKG and EoF EoC (whoops).  I'm a little unclear on your goals though, right now it seems your mostly changing just graphical things (which is cool), but the beginning post makes it a bit unclear about what you want to accomplish with this project.  Are you trying to keep gameplay relatively the same but with a much larger player base?  Still...this is good, maybe it'll help motivate people to work on rend2 more since it'll generate interest.  I like what you're doing with that AI though, might have to try and merge that back into JKG :)

Edited by Darth Futuza
Stoiss likes this

JKG Developer

Not Sure what EoF is DF :D but we have some goals wich i can't say much about becours its not have been done yet. so we don't  give players high hopes for somthing there not is the real deal yet :) but Uniq want to make it a RPG MMO thing with quest and instance. have some large weapon amory to have players try to sort of grainding for :D thats my hope for it xD but never sure it will change to that, but who knows :D follow the tread and see what happens over time :)

JAWSFreelao likes this

Not Sure what EoF is DF :D but we have some goals wich i can't say much about becours its not have been done yet. so we don't  give players high hopes for somthing there not is the real deal yet :) but Uniq want to make it a RPG MMO thing with quest and instance. have some large weapon amory to have players try to sort of grainding for :D thats my hope for it xD but never sure it will change to that, but who knows :D follow the tread and see what happens over time :)

Oh oops that was a typo.  Meant to say EoC. 

Are you trying to build a new quest system, or using the lua stuff that Boba Fett built originally for JKG?

JKG Developer

Non of that is is the goal. EoC is somthing totaly diff. and no we don't have LUA in our codes at all. Uniq don't like to use it xD

we will build a new quest system when that time comes but Uniq is the only one who knows how that will be and what to do about it :)