Star Wars Warzone (W.I.P)

Holy source code, Batman! This is AWESOME!

I never thought that Jedi Academy would ever be capable to handle graphical features that are common nowadays, such as

FOV, bloom, motion blur and even reflections. But to bad that this is only for MP.

A lot of this is basically HD versions of the textures with bloom added in.It looks good though.

Actually, these are all unaltered original maps and textures. All maps get these upgrades by default.

The magic is done through generic shader generation, material type selection, and glsl.

EDIT: Actually that's not quite true. Just realised I do have a few hoth textures in my mod folder, so the hoth pic probably has some modified textures.

Everything glowing as hell but in the dark mood star wars atmosphere it looks bad ass! Love the glowing effect, lightning and the fog OwO

I have some questions:

-this only support the MP right?

-You changed the codes and graphics. Have You changed shader files too? Or it makes every map this awesome from the start?

-what are the needs to later install this mod? It is not just putting it into base folder and Everything is beautiful right?

Anyway i am not MP player at all but I am sure that You create a Godlike stuff for those who play it. Keep going this awesome stuff! I hope that Jkhub community will help as much as they can :)

-this only support the MP right?

Yeah it is only MP. But the long term goal is to make it into a multi-server MMO platform - so it would have single player style elements... but with quests and stuff.

It would work similar to how dungeons and dragons online works with main cities and questgivers. After taking a quest you would be directed to a door which takes you to another server to run the quest with your group.

The initial versions will probably be single server based, but with a main city area, and a bunch of small areas you teleport to to run the quests.

We need a lot of help to make this happen though.

-You changed the codes and graphics. Have You changed shader files too? Or it makes every map this awesome from the start?

We do not change original shaders, other then assigning a material type to anything that does not have one (which we use to apply various graphic options). Also, for any texture that has no shader, we generate an advanced generic one to support reflections, speculars, normals, etc.

Most maps will just work with all the advanced graphics from the start. Unless the mapper has used some weird shaders that do not support the advanced stuff. We can add overrides in such cases for some stuff as required.

-what are the needs to later install this mod? It is not just putting it into base folder and Everything is beautiful right?

The game creates its own exe and renderer files, separate from jka and openjk's. It will run along side anything else.

Anyway i am not MP player at all but I am sure that You create a Godlike stuff for those who play it. Keep going this awesome stuff! I hope that Jkhub community will help as much as they can :)

Hopefully when the MMO stuff comes, you will find the same enjoyment as sp, but with friends.

I hope we get some help too, there is a lot to do, and I am no mapper or modeler.

I think we would all like to see a free star wars MMO created by the community, for the community. No crappy subscription fees or pathetic free limitations like the other alternative.

Langerd and Stoiss like this

holi fek, dat watah

but why does every single texture have a greasy surface? I think you've overdone this, the dirt floor on tatooine looks slippery, when it's actually supposed to be dusty,
and the bespin duel map is like, anyone of Jkhub members just jizzed on it, please, keep doing what you do but dont make everything shiny and polished

Raz0r, AshuraDX and Ramikad like this

holi fek, dat watah

but why does every single texture have a greasy surface? I think you've overdone this, the dirt floor on tatooine looks slippery, when it's actually supposed to be dusty,

and the bespin duel map is like, anyone of Jkhub members just jizzed on it, please, keep doing what you do but dont make everything shiny and polished

Lol i saw that floor on one pic o.o strange... but Hoth looks... amazing OwO

does effects have been scale down as i also didn't like it, still things there i s metal and such, plus stormies armor or other players semi to that will have a little glow on them, not to heavy, as we get the plastic look on them :) also this stuff here is Still WIP and things can or will be change in time :)

but thx for all the feedbacks :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If the mod implements a makermod/lugormod style ingame building system I'd be happy to help build map interactivity.

we have really no plans for such a system in it really not from what i know of.

How's performance going? Was pretty bad last time I played.

it goes up and down from time to time, as when we add new stuff to the grafx stuff we need to improve it. but we still wait for a better rend2 from Xycaleth witch he is working on now and makes good progress with it from what i have seeing :)

DT you haft to remember that a lot of this stuff here is WIP stuff and may not be used when it come to the better version of rend2 when xycaleth have a good version of it.

a lot of this stuff is testing stuff to see what can be done and maybe will be used later on :)

Not trying to put this project down at all, but I'm really curious why you need all these:

* Anamorphic Lens Flares. (what's this do?)
* Bloom. (doesn't HDR do the same sort of thing but better? I've always thought that since I first played and modded HL2 but not sure if it's true)
* Darkxpand - A brand new shader never seen anywhere else. Fixes some game rendering issues and improves edges. (what game rendering issues? what do you mean improves edges?)
* Depth Xpand - Adds depth to textures similar to a parallax effect. (why not just use parallax mapping instead? or is this another one of those auto generate things?)
* E-Sharpen - Improves texture sharpness. (is this really needed though? and why would you want to sharpen textures?)
* Krisp - Improves texture details. (explain more)
* Screen Space Global Illumination. (what's this do?)
* Texture Clean - Cleans dirty textures without loosing detail. (what do you mean by dirty textures?)
* True Anaglyph - Anaglyphic 3D rendering with true (real) depth. (what's the difference between this and Depth of Field?)
* True HDR. (what's wrong with the HDR in Xycaleth's rend2?)

EDIT:

If I were to pick and choose what features to keep, I'd choose:

* Anamorphic Lens Flares.
* Depth Of Field - Standard (static) and Cinematic (dynamic) options.
* FXAA 3 - A fast Anti Aliasing method.
* Lens Flares.
* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.
* Screen Space Global Illumination.
* Vibrancy - More color please!
* Volumetric light on lightsabers.

Before I start, everyone should note that everything can be turned on/off in menu to suit your own preference. Turned off, they have zero FPS hit.

From what I've seen though, most of what's been added are features that aren't really needed. It's really bogging down fps. HBAO I like, though haven't tested it ingame yet.

The changes last night improved FPS a lot. There are now fast versions of the DOF, SSGI and HBAO shaders, and we have made a lot of progress removing the rend2 CPU bottleneck. Depending on the map designs and culling we are now most of the time using the GPU close to 100%... resulting in some pretty major improvements.

As a bonus, we have also been able to get Nvidia SLI working for those with multiple GPUs (wish I had SLI *sigh*).

Not trying to put this project down at all, but I'm really curious why you need all these:

* Anamorphic Lens Flares. (what's this do?)

* Bloom. (doesn't HDR do the same sort of thing but better? I've always thought that since I first played and modded HL2 but not sure if it's true)

Bloom enhances and adds extra glow to the rend2 dynamic glow. Almost no FPS hit at all.

Anamorphic Lens Flares are wide glows on lights like those seen in the new Star Trek movies (but without the blue shift they use because it doesn't suit JKA - although there is code in the GLSL to enable that).

Ours are not as exagerated as the ones in the video of course. Would make it too hard to see the screen :)

* Darkxpand - A brand new shader never seen anywhere else. Fixes some game rendering issues and improves edges. (what game rendering issues? what do you mean improves edges?)

OpenGL has a habbit of drawing light edges on things. This fixes that. It also has a sort of Anti-Aliasing affect, reduces pixelation on shadow/AO edges, and makes cavities in textures appear a little deeper.

* Depth Xpand - Adds depth to textures similar to a parallax effect. (why not just use parallax mapping instead? or is this another one of those auto generate things?)

This one will probably be removed. It can look nice on a lot of stuff, but screws up (pixelates) sky textures.

* E-Sharpen - Improves texture sharpness. (is this really needed though? and why would you want to sharpen textures?)

That description wasn't really correct, it is not a texture filter, it is a full screen filter. Just adds a little more detail to the scene, especially on distant objects. I like it personally.

* Krisp - Improves texture details. (explain more)

Will probably be removed. Not needed as well as eSharpen.

* Screen Space Global Illumination. (what's this do?)

Adds extra light to screen from the objects around it. This is also SSAO at the same time depending on your setting. The other SSAO has been removed as it is redundant.

* Texture Clean - Cleans dirty textures without loosing detail. (what do you mean by dirty textures?)

Will be removed. Looks ok on some stuff and not on others, so not worth keeping.

* True Anaglyph - Anaglyphic 3D rendering with true (real) depth. (what's the difference between this and Depth of Field?)

Anaglyphic 3D is for Red/Blue glasses to play the game in real 3D. Buy yourself a set from ebay for a dollar and try it!

* True HDR. (what's wrong with the HDR in Xycaleth's rend2?)

Nothing is wrong with Xycaleth's HDR at all. It's very nice.

Truth is TrueHDR and Xycaleth's HDR should have their names switched. TrueHDR only mimics HDR, but much, much faster then the true thing.

EDIT:

If I were to pick and choose what features to keep, I'd choose:

* Depth Of Field - Standard (static) and Cinematic (dynamic) options.

* Lens Flares.

* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.

* Screen Space Global Illumination.

Again note that all of these can be turned on/off in menu based on preference.

That is close to what I plan to keep. My current list would be:

* Anaglyphic 3D. Because it rocks with cheap glasses.

* Bloom.

* Dark Xpand - I don't use it much any more personally, but no reason to not have it available. Will default to off.

* Depth Of Field - Standard (static) and Cinematic (dynamic) options. Note as of last night this also has 2 fast options.

* Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion (HBAO). Note as of last night this also has a fast option.

* eSharpen.

* Lens Flares.

* Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI) - SSAO is include in this same shader. Note as of last night this also has a fast option for each level.

* TrueHDR (will probably be renamed).

DT85 likes this