Star Wars Warzone (W.I.P)

I can't run it :(

I see the JEDI ACADEMY logo and then the following error:

------- R_InitVBOs -------
Initializing Shaders
compile log:
The fragment shader uses varying var_Normal, but previous shader does not write to it.
The fragment shader uses varying var_ViewDir, but previous shader does not write to it.
Out of resource error.

RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
shaders failed to link

I can't run it :(

I see the JEDI ACADEMY logo and then the following error:

------- R_InitVBOs -------
Initializing Shaders
compile log:
The fragment shader uses varying var_Normal, but previous shader does not write to it.
The fragment shader uses varying var_ViewDir, but previous shader does not write to it.
Out of resource error.

RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
shaders failed to link

Did it print the shader above that?

Also, what graphics card do you have?

Looks like a bug in the shaders though. They're reading uninitialised variables.

Yeah. That's why I asked for the shader log.

I've looked through all the shaders and they all seem to be set in the vert shaders. I guess it could be an #ifdef problem in lightall, (possibly due to lacking extension) but i'm not sure how that could happen. Need more info.

So.. What exactly is this mod?

The first page of the thread has a list of some of the long term goals, but in general at the moment we are just trying to:

* Make JKA look modern (without map makers needing to update maps, or modellers needing to update models - many of these people no longer even play the game so a rend2 update will never come).

* Show off what rend2 can actually do! ... and make it do a little more.

* Add systems to make it as easy as possible for people to mod the game to try to rebuild the community with new members.

* Add systems to speed up mapping, modeling, etc, without having to create q3 shaders, etc to make things look good in rend2 - in warzone need to create shaders is rare unless you want to do something specific.

* Extend rend2 and make it use all its current features through backward compatibility (for pre-rend2 maps/models/etc).

* Make rend2 a it bit faster through various tweaks.

* Add a complete, modern-looking foliage and tree system that doesn't kill game speed.

* Add various systems for people to make use of on their servers (AI enhancements, auto-spawning from lists, etc).

* Other stuff I can't think of right now.

Long (long, long, long) term goals:

* Full MMO. Interlinked servers each hosting a "world" instance, with inventory/etc handled by an account server.

* Replace the crappy JKA UI.

* Weapon/item tiers with randomized stat bonuses, and upgrades (like scope types).

* Other stuff I can't think of right now.

Okay I got you. So if I opened it up in JK right now.. What would I be able to do?

A lot of the stuff is automatic. You should find all the maps you load have reflections, etc (if cubemapping is on in settings - increase the cubemap size option for better quality reflections).

A few things you could play with at the moment are:

g_gametype 11 - This is our mod's main gametype. Others all work but will be removed in the future and combined into a single gametype (eg: there will be arenas on the map and queue for duels, etc).

npc_enemies <how_many_npcs_you_want_here> - Keeps the game stocked with this many NPCs from the spawnGroups lists (defaults are rebels and imperials, on mandalore also mandalorians for a 3 faction battle).

npc_pathing 0 - for npcs that spawn in random spots and just patrol their spawn point.

npc_pathing 2 - to make NPCs act like bots and run around the map killing each other, or enemy team players.

Load a map with /devmap and "/give all" to play with the new guns, etc that have been added for future use.

Try mandalore map (or mandalore2 if your FPS in mandalore is good) if you want to check out the foliage/grass/tree system.

Try the /genfoliage command if you want to add grasses/trees/etc to any map with grass or dirt surfaces.

Try the /awp command if you want to add AI support to any unsupported map. You might also need to use "/awc extrareach" and then "/awc pathtest" to clean up the waypoints.

Join our IRC channel if you want more info. I can't think of everything we have added off the top of my head.

JAWSFreelao likes this

@@UniqueOne

I've installed the mod, but every time I try to load a map, the infamous Windows Error Report shows up. I don't know what's wrong, but it surely can't be the graphics,

as I turned them all to the lowest settings possible.

I have a few ideas, but I think I need more information. Does it crash when you first load the game, or when you start a map from menu?

Any chance you could join our IRC channel?

@@UniqueOne

It crashed when I tried to load a map (I tried some normal MP maps). But here's the funny thing: I just selected a Hoth map, now it has finally loaded. I'm in! 

Sounds like it might be the sound engine startup causing issues. It does that sometimes because it runs on a different CPU core to the game (which JKA doesn't like sometimes), specially when you start loading map while it is switching music tracks. It's on the todo list, but usually easy avoidable by giving it a moment at main menu to start the music (or add +map <whatever> to the desktop shortcut and skip the menu).

Anyway, hope you enjoy it now you have it running.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...