Leaked Footage of Star Wars Battlefront - 17 Minutes Off Show Floor

For those who want a proper look at how the game will actually play without the shroud of scripted player interactions then there's this gem of 3rd person Snowtrooper footage.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/06/29/watch-17-minutes-of-leaked-off-screen-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay/#/slide/1

Everything about this screams Battlefront with the addition of power ups and more customisability ultimately looks to be a very fun experience. The animations especially just look absolutely beautiful in third person and it'll definitely be the majority perspective for my playthrough, that alone is enough to make a Battlefront game for me.

They destroyed an AT-ST with just a view blaster shots. That must be a very OP blaster then.

Also I don't like the HUD they've chosen, it does not feel star wars like. I mean compare that JKO/A and this just feels to bland. 

Overall the game looks fine, but I'm just not getting the 'I must have this' feeling from it. 

Onysfx likes this

HUD looks very bland, but this is an Alpha and it could change radically. Also, the first level I saw looked kind of awful honestly, it's just a bigass canyon full of rocks...doesn't really seem to offer much in terms of strategy. 

Menu screen looks very Dice/Battlefield like. I wish they made it look something like the Battlefront 1 menu with all of the holograms/grid and stuff. I've never forgotten that menu screen, I remember it looked so cool back when I played it in 2003. 

I have to admit though it feels amazing to see a modern game based on the classic Star Wars trilogy, and to hear the original trilogy soundtrack again in a game. I think Battlefront 2 was the last Star Wars game to actually include any of the original trilogy stuff in it. All the Star Wars games we've gotten since then have either been terrible/mediocre (The Bowels Unleashed I/II) or based on the Clone Wars garbage. We have gotten The Old Republic, but to me KOTOR games don't feel like Star Wars. They're great games, but they omit the characters that make Star Wars Star Wars.

BruceJohnJenner likes this

It itches me quite a bit that in the Hoth footage the shield generator is intact (and thus, supposedly, the planetary shield is still active), but you can still call in an orbital attack.

Another thing that bothers me is the potential jetpack and shield spam... the old Battlefront didn't have them and they were just fine.

The generator should be destroyed toward the end of the battle and you need to fight the Imperial landing parties including Vader while trying to flee.I already brought this up but the Alliance should have no form of fleet present.I know its for eye candy and what not. The Alliance shouldn't be able to call in orbital strikes just bomber strikes instead which would make sense same goes for the Tatoonie map.