PHP JediKnight server controller

There are some free PHP game server controllers, but none that really work well with Jedi Knight, or can be difficult to setup. So, I decided to make my own. This will of course control both Linux and Windows servers and offers either OpenJK or standard options. You can also customize the game's path, mod and port. It's really meant to control the game server on the current box. So if you're on Windows, a WAMP install would be best or if you're on Linux you should have Apache with the PHP module and open port 80 so you can access it anywhere. This can be used to sell JKA/JK2 game server hosting so they can change mods, upload their own maps, and start/stop the server.

I want to know if anyone is interested in this, as I have pretty much finished a beta at least of this and want to gauge interest. Here is the readme I made so far.

These are all PHP scripts, no database setup needed!

_ABOUT_

This lets you remotely control your Jedi Knight game server(s). Very handy for when you're changing files/mods on a remote server, renting servers or just always traveling and need to control your server from a mobile device that doesn't have access to rcon.

_SETUP_

edit servers.php with notepad or another text editor with your server data. You can put as many servers as your server can handle. Local only.

EXAMPLE: 

(LABEL),quake3,(PORT),(GAMEDATA FOLDER),(MOD)

(LABEL),quake3,(PORT),(GAMEDATA FOLDER),(MOD)

edit setup.php with notepad or another text editor with your login credentials. Please, do not keep the default credentials!!!

EXAMPLE: 

$user="admin";

$pass="password";

Apache will need permissions to these game files and to shell commands like the kill command. On Linux you need to chmod 777 the gamedata files so you can delete and upload to this folder. If you have a cPanel server, you can give the user shell access in the WHM panel.

Here are some screenshots:

File Manager

Main Server List

Login Page

Text Editor

Server Status

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the GitHub for it. https://github.com/erfg12/PHPJK_ServerControl

Personally I use this for my servers, and it basically has everything you should need. If anyone can think of something that needs to be added, let me know.

nice release,

i remember a generic php library with multiple game support for quake games, including jk2/3. called GameQ

anyways.  i will try in jk2. im making a jk2 website.

thx