Hey everyone!

Hey everyone, I'm NeWaGe from ClanMod, and I thought I would do a small intro. I used to run the RoAR clan in JK2 and when JKA was released, we moved over to there with several members. Later in the games life we made maps, skins, weapon models etc for the game and when the game was lacking any sort of administration mod, I decided to set out and try to make our own personal MP mod for administration and clan control. Thus ClanMod was born.

Being far too busy with real life, work, marriage, friends, family, etc. I had to let the clan go, but I still see them on messenger every now and then. But my job is IT, and I program for both fun and contract work so coming back to ClanMod is always easy for me and now with OpenJK and with Steam re-selling the games it's great to see communities like JKHub growing.

If I were to give advice to anyone who wants to start making a mod I would say learn from others examples. There are tons of open source JKA mods out there that you can pick apart and figure out how each piece works. Since I started I had an overall picture in my head how I wanted it to be, and I am glad to say I achieved that goal, and now I can go beyond and make new goals for this project. With all the great resources at your fingertips today like GitHub to host your source, and Visual Studios finally being a free piece of software, GCC being more easy to use and OpenJK giving a sturdy platform to start on, you have no reason not to start developing.

Anyways, thanks for reading everyone and I plan on being active and helping anyone who needs it!

eezstreet likes this