MAX_TW_VERTS

Encountered a small problem making a small duel map; Hit the verts limit. Problem is, I don't know what hit it. I made sure to keep it quite low on any circular brushes (Always 12 or below), so I'm not really sure. Is there any way to check what is specifically causing the error?

Max TV vertexes is an error created when you build a brush that get more of 12 faces \ vertexes. so, if you build a prism more complex of a dodecahedran face prism, you get this error. you can check all prism you build manually for find what prism cause this issue. another suggest is to make the vertex number never > of 8 or ten. so you avoid to erroneley hit this radiant limitation : \ 

Max TV vertexes is an error created when you build a brush that get more of 12 faces \ vertexes. so, if you build a prism more complex of a dodecahedran face prism, you get this error. you can check all prism you build manually for find what prism cause this issue. another suggest is to make the vertex number never > of 8 or ten. so you avoid to erroneley hit this radiant limitation : \ 

Yes, but is there anyway to, besides checking every single curve, like, check what is doing it? Otherwise this is going to be a loooong day.

You can make multiple saves of your map

Yes, but is there anyway to, besides checking every single curve, like, check what is doing it? Otherwise this is going to be a loooong day.

you can do what i've done when i got this trouble the first time for restrict area and brush incriminating.

- save your map into multiples saving.

- save the map into "mapname_debug" or something like that.

- now select brush with inside selection and delete a part of a map. try to build. if you got the error, the brush is not into the part deleted. if you not get the error, you found the incriminating area.

using this method and making a combination of deleting - undo build  temptative you can fastily restrict the part of the map that cause the error, and so also find the brush.

your map is small duel map no? so you can find the problem really fast with this method. ;)

Important: Not delete the skybox when you make the "deleting search" of brush, of you will leak the map. O.o

You can make multiple saves of your map

you can do what i've done when i got this trouble the first time for restrict area and brush incriminating.

- save your map into multiples saving.

- save the map into "mapname_debug" or something like that.

- now select brush with inside selection and delete a part of a map. try to build. if you got the error, the brush is not into the part deleted. if you not get the error, you found the incriminating area.

using this method and making a combination of deleting - undo build  temptative you can fastily restrict the part of the map that cause the error, and so also find the brush.

your map is small duel map no? so you can find the problem really fast with this method. ;)

Important: Not delete the skybox when you make the "deleting search" of brush, of you will leak the map. O.o

Fixed by now, but thanks, I'll take that into account next time.