JAPP Problems and possible help

Unbekannter

Hello all.

Edit: Just realised I posted in General instead of Tech Support, sorry!

I know there have been numerous posts like this in the past as I've just spent some time reading them, however, I've not been able to resolve this problem through them.

I decided today that it was time for me to update my clientside and serverside from JA+ 2.4 to JA++ however, since removing all the JA+ files and placing the JA++ ones into my GameData/japlus folder I am getting constant VM_Create errors when trying to load the mod.

This is both through trying to load a dedicated server .bat and loading the mod through the multiplayer game as well as +set fs_game

The specific errors seem to differ slightly - on creating the dedicated server I get a VM error that reads -

"Loading dll file jampgame.

Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.

Loading vm file vm/jampgame.qvm.

Failed.

VM_Create game failed."

As for loading clientside -

"Loading dll file ui.

Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
VM_Create on UI failed"

Further potentially important information - I'm running Windows 8.1 and this is through the Steam version of Jedi Academy (although it has run JA+ and base perfectly fine) I'm also not entirely sure what compile of JA++ I'm running as I cannot compile it myself I sourced a version from a much younger thread.

Thanks and best,
Daniel
  • 9 months later...

Delete cgamex86.dll and uix86.dll from your base folder and your japlus folder, run the game as administrator and with compatibility for windows xp service pack 3, btw make sure you dont have a ghost process of the game from a previous failed execution. those files are created at the start of the game and sometimes they can be corrupted so clean them sometimes