What the func_wall? (Toggle issue)

Hey guys, quick question, hopefully.

This has been bugging me for as long as I can remember but I've never found out why it happens and/or what I'm doing wrong. 

When using func_wall as a toggleable brush, in this case as a prison cell wall, if I leave the brush active, when clicking on the activator in game (to turn off the wall) it takes two attempts to toggle the wall. Yet if I mark the wall to start off it works perfectly fine first time. What am I doing wrong?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sehkola

GTKRadiant 1.5 :( for JKA.

I had no clue what you were talking about.. hehe.. I assumed you made force fields for prison cell doors and if the forcefield was on from the start it'd shut off, and then back on, normally. But, if you had it set to off, and tried to turn it on, then it'd take two presses of the use key to switch.

I admit, that was a poorly constructed paragraph in a moment of blind frustration lol.

Basically: Create brush, turn into func_wall, create trigger brush and link the two. compile.

When I try to activate the func_wall brush in game, nothing happens on first attempt, but if I try to activate the func_wall a second time it works as expected.

Now say I do the same again except tick the 'start off' key, then compile, when activated in game the func_wall triggers first time as expected.

The issue is just when the brush doesn't have the 'Start off' key selected, when you try to trigger the brush in game, it takes two activation attempts, and i've no idea why..

Sounds like a bug... what if you set it to start turned off, but used a target_activate on it when the level loads? It would appear to start turned on.

Func_walls seem to be buggy like that. I recommend using a func_static instead for this kind of system.

Hadn't considered that. I'll give this a try in the morning.

Again, it was never a map destroying issue but something i'd come across a lot. Cheers for the help guys, will let you know :)