Hello Hello!

Well, I haven't made a proper introduction, so here it is:

*all accounts related to me are shared between me and my half-sister*

My name is Elliot, my age is 22, blah blah, and I am the leader ("High Aquilifer") of a minor clan called The Lavinian Legion... Which has three members. (Merek is a Decurion, there were power issues in the ranks of High Praetor, and ofc me) If you're lucky enough to be my friend, congrats, you didn't tick me off :P

Soo yeah. Enjoy your day.

Merek likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

It doesn't help that their shorthandle 'LavCorps' is homophone with 'LoveCorps', making it sound like something from the Care Bears.

If you're trying to insult the names I picked, you're doing a poor job at it.

"LavCorps" is NOT "The Lavinian Legion"

"LavCorps" is ENTIRELY different.

zA8H4zv.jpg

That's a really weird name to give your clan, given...Lavinia. Just sayin. I guess the name rolls off the tongue well.

I honestly just liked the flow of that word. It went nice and smooth.

There's actually a whole other reason why I liked that name, but unless anyone's up for story-telling, I won't say it.

Merek likes this

Ah ok, in that case I did make a mistake and take back what i said. There are a few people who use a shared account that is named after their clan to advertise their stuff here. LavCorps is perfectly ok in that case, unless it does refer back to Lavinia (and thereby to your clan name), which would make it pretty terrible for the reasons already stated.

LavCorps! likes this

Ah ok, in that case I did make a mistake and take back what i said. There are a few people who use a shared account that is named after their clan to advertise their stuff here. LavCorps is perfectly ok in that case, unless it does refer back to Lavinia (and thereby to your clan name), which would make it pretty terrible for the reasons already stated.

"LavCorps" is technically something from The Lavinian Legion, but it's more recreational and "away time" for the people there.

Plus it's just an awesome username.

Merek likes this

Do you not realize how cringy it is to name your clan after Lavinia, even more so if you picked up the reference from some third party and put it into somesort of martial context by adding "legion" or "corps" next to it? Lavinia had nothing to do with martial prowess, the name you use is almost oxymoronic.

Edited by eezstreet
The name's Lucas Simms, town sheriff. Have you heard my mixtape?

Maybe I should create a fanfic game about Stalin and thereby inspire kids who know nothing about history to make clans in JKA with names like Nomenklatura Stalina. Do you not realize how cringy it is to name your clan after Lavinia, even more so if you picked up the reference from some third party and put it into somesort of martial context by adding "legion" or "corps" next to it? Lavinia had nothing to do with martial prowess, the name you use is almost oxymoronic.

The name we use has nothing to do with Lavinia herself.

The clan has nothing to do with JKA itself.

Edited by eezstreet

the question is : the name of this guys is Lavinia or LavCops ?

I don't understand why you make a story about Lavinia, while his name is Lavcops.

It's like.... saying that RazorRace is Razor because they have the same part in the name. They are two different people.

LavCorps! and Merek like this

Let's tone things down in here. This is an introduction thread not a debate to whether or not a name is good or bad.

I don't want to see anymore debate on this issue.

Tone it down.

See? some good came of this debate.

I checked out your gaming channel in curiosity and saw you liked a Markiplier video.

Now we all know eachother a bit better :P

For those not in the loop:

Lavinia is a character in Titus Andronicus, a Shakespeare play taking place in Roman times and follows the revenge of said titular character. The play is also known as the Rape of Lavinia because during the play, said character had uh...said action done to them and it was kinda a big plot point. (She also had her hands and tongue decapitated so she couldn't identify her accusers. Fun stuff!) Therefore, using it as a clan name seems a bit tasteless, but I can't exactly fault you for picking a name for the reasons that you did.

EDIT 6/27/15: but this does not mean that I think the conversation on this matter should be continued. See below for the original name Lavinia, as mine is a Shakespeare interpretation.

Either way, welcome to our community. Just don't be picking fights and going all aggro on everyone. I've edited a bunch of your posts as they go a bit over the top. Try not to do this again.

LavCorps! and Merek like this

I was more thinking of the ancient original from the Aeneid, where Lavinia is the only daughter of the king of the Latins and who spends almost all of her time blushing and barely saying anything intelligible while Aeneas and Turnus fight over the right to sleep with her. The character is radically anti-martial and only plays a role as the object of desire for our roman heroes, so using her name unironically in a martial context makes me cringe extremely hard. Regardless of case, the choice is a poor one.

But Lavinia as a name sounds rather pretty, I readily admit that.

afi, eezstreet, LavCorps! and 1 other like this