Giving npc another weapon (jk2)

1) jkhub => tutorials => searching bar

http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/148-icarus-scripting/

:angry:

2) yes, just remove the "use" which spawn rebels in the script, but it can affect other entities. Or remove entities on the map.

3) Except if your last post was three month ago, use "edit" button in place of post three times.

4) take an avatar picture. People without that are like ingame "Padawan" for me.

Can anyone post a tutorial for scripting and how it works?

1) jkhub => tutorials => searching bar

http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/148-icarus-scripting/

:angry:

2) yes, just remove the "use" which spawn rebels in the script, but it can affect other entities. Or remove entities on the map.

3) Except if your last post was three month ago, use "edit" button in place of post three times.

4) take an avatar picture. People without that are like ingame "Padawan" for me.

Are you running for asshole of the day or something?

Can anyone post a tutorial for scripting and how it works?

Here are some other scripting tutorials that are still floating around the internet from way back when. 

http://www.nab622.com/tutorials/script_tuts/basic_scripting.html

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~lvaarisk/sivut/resources.htm    <-- this site is really helpful when it comes to NPC scripting and waypoints and stuff..

You can also search the old Lucasforums site for help. Just go to your search engine and type Behaved Lucasforums or Jedi Academy scripting Lucasforums and you can find some really old topics that may help you out there, too. Not just for scripting but many other things as well.

Great feeling when you get the script finally working :D 

I replaced aim 4 with set_weapon wp_saber. 

I just have a thought here. Since Jan is a normal NPC in game and is treated like one with the waypoint system and combat points, how will giving Jan Jedi AI affect all that stuff, if at all?

This is just what happend, Jan started jumping around as a jedi killing of trade federation droids in this case, which can mess up the waypoint system if she jumps up on ledges or to far away from where she's suppose to stand. It's enough using some force pull to get here back on track and she continues, i'm gonna try to remove force jump from her. Then it shouldnt be any problem I think.

Thanks for all the tips! This makes an huge different for my idea :)

Great feeling when you get the script finally working :D 

I replaced aim 4 with set_weapon wp_saber. 

This is just what happend, Jan started jumping around as a jedi killing of trade federation droids in this case, which can mess up the waypoint system if she jumps up on ledges or to far away from where she's suppose to stand. It's enough using some force pull to get here back on track and she continues, i'm gonna try to remove force jump from her. Then it shouldnt be any problem I think.

Thanks for all the tips! This makes an huge different for my idea :)

Well that is a start. At least you got the script in a working order of sorts. 

Did the cutscene work with the Big Door to enter the base?

Well that is a start. At least you got the script in a working order of sorts. 

Did the cutscene work with the Big Door to enter the base?

What do you mean is left to do?

Yes it does, it just jumps over the part where jan usually fires her blaster against the big door and works all the way down to control_booth2. And after that as well when the green code been accessed and you return to save jan. She still can't use the saber, but there's alot of scripts in that file then prevents her from doing stuff so i might delete some of it. 

And do you know how to prevent someone from not be able to jump in scripts? tried to set force jump to 0 but didnt work

You are just going to have to open up all those other scripts and modify them the same way you did the original one in regards to Jan. I wouldn't go about deleting scripts because you want to make sure everything is going to work properly.  

You are just going to have to open up all those other scripts and modify them the same way you did the original one in regards to Jan. I wouldn't go about deleting scripts because you want to make sure everything is going to work properly.  

Ok, i won't delete anything. 

But I only care for jan to weild saber on this first mission since it's the only one where she's present. Doesnt matter if she doesnt have the saber upon spawning. Do you mean there's still reasons to change more scripts?

You'll just have to go through the scripts for kejim post and see if there are any more entries that affect Jan... and if there are just watch if it gives her a weapon or not. I think Jan's default weapon is an e-11 so once her animations are over she'll always have that blaster, regardless if its given in a script or not.  If so, you'll just have to make the change to the script for her to keep the saber.