Bounty Hunter: Is it Canon?

Hi!

So I've been wondering...with the whole EU being rewritten, I wanna know if the game Star Wars Bounty Hunter is canon. Cause in the game, a Krayt dragon kills Gardulla the Hutt, but she is present in the CW animated series.

Also in one of the footnotes of the "Bounty Hunter Code" book released recently, Boba writes he is going to ask "Roz" about something. Rozzatta the Toydarian was a character from the Bounty Hunter game and she kinda...doesn't make it. But the way Boba mentions her, I'm assuming this is supposed to be the same Roz since she was good friends with Jango and even gave him the idea to adopt a son.

The game also shows Jango meeting Dooku.(or as he knows him, Tyranus) This is also something that I question cause Jango specifically mentions this meeting in episode 2. So is the game canon or not? Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Here's an easy way to tell if something is Star Wars canon or not:

Did you enjoy it?

Then it's probably been deemed no longer canon.

Seriously, I do believe that the game is generally considered canon further evidenced by their decision to add a tie-in comic series (Jango Fett: Open Seasons) which is definitely considered canon as far as I can tell online. However, because of the nature of video games you can't take everything as canon, such as some of the game mechanics. For example, Jango uses darts like the ones he gets on Kamino, but the whole game takes place prior to him ever going to Kamino. Maybe I'm wrong and the darts aren't the same, or in some book or comic he goes to Kamino, but I don't think that's the case.

Main characters and plot points are canon, or at least mirrored in other Star Wars content, but not everything can be taken verbatim.

NumberWan likes this

@@DarkForcesII

Fortuntelly or not, but the game is no longer canon. For some time it was the only source, telling us the story of how Jango lived before the Separatist crisis and how a clone army was planned to be created.

I saw lots of videos regarding the game, and read the encyclopedia about the characters. I don't like the idea of this dangerous clan, led by a former student of Dooku. But overall the whole game wash;t that bad. Dooku used these sabers much later, when Assaj Ventress appeared at the war front.

Like many other sources, the game contradicted a lot to other stories, and it's up to you to choose, whether it's worthy of any recognition. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Fans decide what is canon and what not, don't be especially with this kind of situation where an already created story is suddenly trashed.
Too many cooks in the kitchen right now. So there's bound to be more than one opinion about the "foods on the menu"  imhotep

NumberWan likes this