Will you be seeing The Force Awakens on opening night?

Circa

The Force Awakens Opening Night?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be seeing The Force Awakens opening night?

• Most definitely!
    • Probably not.
    • There's a new Star Wars movie?!

I like a less crowded theater. I saw Spawn and Men in Black Opening night around 9pm or so and they were both madhouses. People were standing in the back and in the aisles. Neat experience, but, don't want that again.Independence Day I saw the next day and it was still a zoo AND  I had to stand in line. For episode 7 I'm sure the line will be filled with nerds dressed up and stuff and that's something I'd like to avoid. I'll wait a few days and the go at a weird time like I normally do.

DT85, Smoo, eezstreet and 4 others like this

I won't because it's too far away from me and I doubt they're gonna premiere it everywhere on the same day...but even if they do, I won't go to see the premiere because I'm broke and the only big movie-theatre is overpriced...

Still, I hope I'll manage to find myself a girlfriend by that time, one who's also a Star Wars fan...

I would like to see it on the first night, but my god the amount of people, we would be waiting for hours, I'll go see it another day. And if I had to, I would watch a camrip, like @@Ping.

As much as I don't like the low quality from cam rips, a far worse alternative is getting movie spoilers, which will no doubt happen if I don't see the movie ASAP.

the_raven likes this

As much as I don't like the low quality from cam rips, a far worse alternative is getting movie spoilers, which will no doubt happen if I don't see the movie ASAP.

if you watch the movie right on the first night, how can you get spoilers? :huh:

Probably not. I prefer watching movies in the comfort of my own home, so I shall be waiting for it to be uploaded to Torrent and watch it for the Story, which I usually always read Wikipedia before watching the film to get the full plot first. But either way I can't wait. :)

Probably not. I prefer watching movies in the comfort of my own home, so I shall be waiting for it to be uploaded to Torrent and watch it for the Story, which I usually always read Wikipedia before watching the film to get the full plot first. But either way I can't wait. :)

You don't like that feeling of surprise and freshness of a new movie and plot? If I went into a movie already knowing the plot without seeing the movie, I'd be so disappointed. :P

z3filus likes this

You don't like that feeling of surprise and freshness of a new movie and plot? If I went into a movie already knowing the plot without seeing the movie, I'd be so disappointed. :P

It was fresh for me getting the first confirmed news that they would make an EPVII. I usually read the plots on Wikipedia if I have trouble understanding the movie from watching it first. That's just me. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Nyet! That's a definite "no" from me.

There's an option missing from that poll: "Hell no! I'd rather die buried alive!"

I don't see the need to support money-hungry billionaire executives who keep feeding us content that is aimed only at profits, with no regards to the quality of the stories or their fan-base. I won't be spending my hard-earned money on supporting that cause.

Wait, were you not looking forward to the new movie? What happened to change your mind @@Cerez?

Nothing happened other than what we already know about the production. I will watch the movie -- if only to see why the Jedi Knight story and EU got butchered over this -- but I won't be seeing it on opening night, and probably not even in the cinemas if you catch my drift...

There are other movies to see that are far more deserving of my money this Christmas season.

We've talked over that again many times. It's another aspect of marketing: they have tabula rasa, but they do know, what we - the fans - actually like. So they won't destroy everything in an instance. They are rebuilding the Galaxy from scratch, re-canonizing the already established things. For instance MLC-3 has become a canon object again.

The Dark Troopers are no longer Legends only units. I am not saying it's good. they could have stayed away from things, which aesthetically and visually rise no questions, and are plot-related elements of EU stories, without contradicting the main stories.

As for the movie - I don't think I will get a chance to watch a premiere. December might be a busy time, so I will simply watch it in an ordinary cinema. Wearing a stormtrooper helmet would be great, but I have no money for that now.

@

Which helmet would you recommend? :) I saw quite a lot at ebay.