EPVII Kylo Ren

The model is looking really great, but I have to rewind a bit on this topic....

Even if Luke had the KyloRen saber, Vader would have still cut his hand off, because he was not ready! Luke was just a kid with a saber.
A dozen youtube videos already proved that this saber is clearly not practical, months ago, infact, within a week of the release of the first trailer, it was
already clear that this saber has another purpose, rather than just accidently looking like a medieval longsword. So please get over it already. Please.

Both the Jedi and the Sith used a particular design to built their sabers for thousands of years, so clearly they didn't worry about their hands being cut off.
Infact, nobody has even confirmed that KyloRen even built that saber. Rumour has it that he found it and fixed it, without knowing, that it may be an ancient sith weapon.

I think Dooku also already proved that, if you want to cut of someones arm, you will chop it off no guestions asked ( Episode 2 - Ani vs. Dooku)

To appear innovative and cool to children.

no, as I already mentioned above, it may be an artifact, an ancient sith weapon, you also should already give up on that 1 opinion.

have some room for options, will ya? it's not designed to better appeal to kids, even kids know that this saber looks weird.

no, as I already mentioned above, it may be an artifact, an ancient sith weapon, you also should already give up on that 1 opinion.

have some room for options, will ya? it's not designed to better appeal to kids, even kids know that this saber looks weird.

It shouldn't really matter. It's the same thing as having a huge debate about why the new Stormtrooper weapon has White on it -- it's the same ball park. All that should matter that it does what it's supposed to do. The Saber can cut off some limbs and the gun can shoot some rebels so there should be no real issue with the weapons at all.

Then again I am open to change, other people may be more skeptical about it, which started with Episode 1 and the Staff Saber. There will always be large discussions about it until the movie releases and we actually see for ourselves the practical side of introducing a new weapon, just like with Episode 1. The movies speak for themselves.

From what i've seen from the trailers it looks like it can do some damage so that's all I really care about. But to bring up what you said about an ancient Sith weapon.. you may actually be onto something there. Since when the concept art for TFA was leaked there were discussions of Kylo collecting "Ancient Artefacts" including Darth Vader's helmet. So it may well be what you say.

no issues, you just imported a very high poly mask model for this :P

it's tri count is actually that high - it's not a display issue as you seem to assume

you need to get another model of that mask or better make it yourself

I think it's so large because the mask was actually put together from 2 seperate parts. That could be why it is very high in tris.

Just tested the model in game (2 versions with the hood on and with hood down using Vader's helmet, since his helmet is similar and also people are guessing he might be influenced by him.)

UrjYk5C.jpg

ysnUZV3.jpg

c8gboEX.jpg

xCql6iW.jpg

Thanks for the screen caps, got them saved.I will make more improvements and I have a trick up my sleeve. :P Shh. Nobody knows. <- HINT.

dark_apprentice likes this