Star Wars Battlefront

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KENNITHH

I've played the beta and I was a bit dissapointed, it looked good, sound good, played well but you really feel just like a clone, not really important or strong or however I should mention it. Atleast that's what I would like to feel in a Star Wars game  :P
Or perhaps I just wanted it to be more like a Battlefield game. But still I kinda like it
I'd only but it if its under €30 on allkeyshop though..

Some awesome vids here ^^

Guest KENNITHH

Seeing that vid that ShadowPhoenix posted, I have to agree on almost everything that dude says.. I think it might even be more of a Technical Demo instead of a real game 

I've only had the chance to play this a handful of times but I've had a blast. Sure, game modes like Hero Hunt and others are just plain broken, but the main "Walker Assault" and the split-screen "Battles" are just really quick and fun. The game really works when playing with a friend. I don't play console a whole bunch, but I picked this game up VERY quickly. I love the graphics, sound design, and quick gameplay. Is it a bit shallow? Yep. Are some of the heroes really borked? Yup. Does it generally lack depth, especially for SP? Heck yes! But I think the game is a very fast-paced game that can be a whole lot of fun.

Have you even played it?

Over the course of the last few weeks, average PC player counts have dropped 30,000 players, PS4 had dropped 70,000 players (41% of initial week avg). Battlefield 4 had more players all day today than Battlefront on PC and Battlefield 3 was only 2-3,000 behind over the course of the day. Earlier today, more people were playing the original counter strike (not source or go) than were playing battlefront on pc.

After reviews came out, EA's stock dropped 6%. A few weeks later, Gamestop, Xbox, Amazon, GMG all had $20 off sales on Battlefront (an attempt to boost sales not at all aiming towards their 13 million projection) and as a result dropped EA's stock another 5% (Nasdaq is attributing it to the early price drops).  After reviews stating the game lacked content and multiple concerns from players, they announced more free DLC outside of Jakku. EA executives also admit that battlefront 'may' lack content.

User reviews put Battlefront at a 4.4/10 frequently likening its longevity to that of Titanfall or Evolve.

According to this video EA sold only 1.5 million copies between the first week/two weeks. Fallout 4, GTA 5, etc sold over 10 million in the first week. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116485-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Review

Battlefronts initial week sales lagged behind Fallout 4, Blackops 3, FIFA 16 to take spot #4 worldwide (several local markets were different). It also was ranked 13th for all Black Friday sales figures across all retailers: http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/star-wars-battlefronts-mixed-reception-appears-to-have-significantly-affected-sales-35621

The game is full of completely questionable game design problems ranging from being able to equip multiple grenades on a 10 second cooldown (Totally no grenade spam) to the lack of sheltered spawns that have been present in any objective based game since before Team Fortress 2. Or other things like the Falcon having a shield that can ram the Slave I to instantaneously get rid of the enemy heroes aircraft in Fighter Squadron. While were at it, lets mention the horribly obvious incompetence in the QA team where walkers dying in the first phase of Sullust get stuck, or TIEs crash into star destroyer debris on spawns on the brand new Jakku map. Lets just entirely forget about the logic behind Imperials being able to pick up anti-vehicle pickups when Rebels don't even posses ground vehicles. Oh, and why can't we voice chat with our partner exactly? The entire game is full of cheese.

They wanted to make a game that appeals to a large number of people, particularily more casual players yet they forget one of the most casual things in the original battlefront. Being able to play the base gamemodes against bots locally and with split screen. That is one of the things that makes any game instantaneously more accessible to people. Especially those without internet or with crappy internet. 

Not to mention the fragmenting DLC practices that have been continued and will be offering less for the same price as Battlefield 4 Premium.

The battlefront subreddit is full of people speaking with support about refunding their game, especially from PC and Austrailian/New Zealand markets as well as tons of people with issues with matchmaking to the point where they cannot even play the game and create joke images instead https://jkhub.org/images/pR9Kyzd.png, as well as a massive amount of bugs, balance problems. 

Jim Sterling goes over the new AAA Multiplayer-only trend found recently in Battlefront and Rainbow 6: Siege. 

Where he states that these games have cut out singleplayer in the hopes of creating more multiplayer content. However, in neither of the games that theory has not actually been found in practice. Battlefront has less vehicles, less customization, less ui options, less weapons, less maps per gamemode than DICEs previous Battlefield 4.

At this point everyone knows that it is not worth its purchase price. No one needs to play it at this point to know that. Anyone that states otherwise is subject to Post-Purchase rationalization also known as Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome because they want to justify their purchase so badly they are willing to overlook everything wrong with the game.

You wanna know something? TotalBiscuit referenced Movie Battles specifically when talking about Battlefronts lightsaber combat and how inadequate it was on his Co-Optional Podcast. He referenced a fucking 13 year old modification when talking about a brand new AAA title from DICE and talked about it (and JK in general) having superior lightsaber combat.

DT. and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Not sure why I was quoted there. None of that had anything to do with my question.

And yeah, I agree with Sithani. I love the game. Other people's opinions aren't going to change mine.

Go play it if you haven't yet. It's pretty dang fun.

Not sure why I was quoted there. None of that had anything to do with my question.

And yeah, I agree with Sithani. I love the game. Other people's opinions aren't going to change mine.

Go play it if you haven't yet. It's pretty dang fun.

I answered the question, if you want to know why read my post. Specifically the part that says you don't need to play the game to know how shit it is at this point simply because of word-of-mouth. Multiple news articles are citing Battlefront's sales problems to word-of-mouth. 

I don't care about some dudes reviews. I play it and I love every second of it :) If someone still hasn't played it and says this game sucks because someone else said so it grinds my gears

Glad to know both of you are suffering from Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome. Completely unwilling to change your opinion based on tons of new facts that you are clearly ignoring simply because you think it is fun. Some of the biggest logical fallacies I've seen in a while. Do you even understand how much flak the MB team would get if we thought something was balanced but in reality and statistics wise isn't? Don't be blinded by your own confirmation biases.

Oh look, TB now does the Multiplayer only problem just like Jim Sterling.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Just because the general consensus thinks a game is bad, it doesn't mean someone can't still enjoy it. It just means that the majority thinks it's a bad game.

Of course, but ignoring complaints, saying the game is fine because they have fun, is the problem. 

Example quote from Circa: "Go play it if you haven't yet. It's pretty dang fun." Yeah, exactly the problem. People have, and the majority including myself have said it sucks. Completely ignoring all the complaints helps no one.

If DICE just looked only the people who said they are having fun they would think their game is good because of confirmation bias. Yet the majority says otherwise. Not looking at both sides and just saying the game is good because you're having fun is the same thing.

Lets also not forget about sunk cost fallacy.

Of course, but ignoring complaints, saying the game is fine because they have fun, is the problem. 

Example quote from Circa: "Go play it if you haven't yet. It's pretty dang fun." Yeah, exactly the problem. People have, and the majority including myself have said it sucks. Completely ignoring all the complaints helps no one.

If DICE just looked only the people who said they are having fun they would think their game is good because of confirmation bias. Yet the majority says otherwise. Not looking at both sides and just saying the game is good because you're having fun is the same thing.

Lets also not forget about sunk cost fallacy.

THANK-YOU!

And NO, guys. I'm NOT going to play it. EA should just DIE OFF and the companies it bought should be set free from it's disgusting grasp. DICE's talent is being WASTED under EA. And don't get me started on Bioware and how it fell over the years under EA.

I assume, that Star Wars (games) require individualism. For some time now.

Why was KOTOR so successfull? Multiple reasons, but one is for sure, that one could make it a very personal adventure, the way you want. I am not saying, that was required all the time, but perhaps these days it is what matters. Back in 1995 it was simply nice to shoot down stormtroopers in the halls of Danuta, when stealing Death Star plans, and in 1997 everyone was thrilled to hold the lightsaber for the first time, when playing Dark Forces II. Republic Commando introduced the chance to feel yourself as a Clone trooper, but not just a simple soldier - you were a very much person, who was the leader.

Even the Force Unleashed introduced something truly new. The same was with previous Battlefront games - being impartial I will say it - it was the first game, which allowed to experience all six movies from a different angle with many friends of yours. Unprecedented scale.

The new game, however, even with all its benefits, designs and wonderful music - it is not the first. It doesn't introduce anything truly novice, except for good picture, anticipated action and "familiar faces".

It's like all.you want to do is change our opinions. You're the type who supports Donald Trump.too aren't you? @Mace whatever your name is.

Look. Because the consensus on a game is that it's bad does NOT mean that people can't enjoy it. Chill dude. I agree EA is squandering a great opportunity anf the game isn't worth 60 dollars but it is a solid fun game to kill a few hours. And if all you're gonna do is keep insulting people's opinions and being annoying I'd be willing to start a petition to get rid of your annoying posts. Your facts are solid. Your stats are correct. But you need to back off and just let people enjoy the game instead of acting like a 9 year old whose drawing didn't get hung up on the refridgerator.

I enjoyed the game even though it was stale in terms of gameplay. I'd like to believe this is a proof of concepts game and the next one will really learn from it. That simple.

eezstreet likes this

It's like all.you want to do is change our opinions. You're the type who supports Donald Trump.too aren't you? @Mace whatever your name is.

Look. Because the consensus on a game is that it's bad does NOT mean that people can't enjoy it. Chill dude. I agree EA is squandering a great opportunity anf the game isn't worth 60 dollars but it is a solid fun game to kill a few hours. And if all you're gonna do is keep insulting people's opinions and being annoying I'd be willing to start a petition to get rid of your annoying posts. Your facts are solid. Your stats are correct. But you need to back off and just let people enjoy the game instead of acting like a 9 year old whose drawing didn't get hung up on the refridgerator.

I enjoyed the game even though it was stale in terms of gameplay. I'd like to believe this is a proof of concepts game and the next one will really learn from it. That simple.

"You're the type who supports Donald Trump.too aren't you? @Mace whatever your name is." WHY did you just throw that empty insult out of nowhere...? And in actuality, HE'S RIGHT.

Also, he's not saying you shouldn't have fun. He's saying you shouldn't blindly defend the game because one simply enjoys it. You're basically telling EA "Hey! I want more incomplete games that you'll complete with DLC and microtransactions down the line.". This has been A PROBLEM for some time with not only EA, but other companies including Capcom. Though Capcom has for now redeemed itself, the damage has been done. So again, Mace is CORRECT. And for people to be throwing around empty insults just because he brought up a FACTUAL POINT, really speaks volumes of how you guys may see the problem, but you don't wanna listen because "I HAD FUN with the game!" *facewall x 9000* 

Thanks Shadow, reading comprehension on this forum is abysmal. There is a reason I didn't quote you in my previous posts JAWS, because you weren't blindly defending the game even though you enjoyed it. You were being a reasonable person in that regard, yet you come back at me with insults about potentially liking trump and needing to go outside more? Please grow up.

(For the record: Trump is a fuckwit, so is Hilary)

Because all you've done really is shade people who enjoyed the game. I don't exactly respect people who do that. So your constant attempts to double back and rephrase your argument are reminiscent of Trump, sooo. Lol. If you think any of your posts carry any weight you're mistaken dude. Ain't nobody care what you got to say.

eezstreet likes this