Star Wars Battlefront

Is there really bitching about a $60-$70 pricetag? New games in Australia are usually around $89.95 or $99.95. This game for PC is $89.95, and $99.95 on consoles. I'd love to have a $60-$70 pricetag..

I'd love for you to have a $60 price tag as well. That means in the States the game would only be $47.50  :P

DT85 likes this
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@DT85

Why do you still defend that game? You know there is almost no content in that "thing" also that price for nothing. Do you enjoy EA games?

I'm not attacking anyone but even if I would be a milionare I wouldn't buy that crap for rules and for that "thing" can't offer anything but graphics. R.I.P gaming industry x-2007.

@@Grab

I'm just saying wait until we see the game footage at the very least, I'm going to wait for reviews before passing judgement. I mean, you guys could be very well right that the game is going to be crap but I like to wait for hard proof and not just assumptions based on what has been revealed.

FYI - I was VERY wrong about how Arcania was going to be great. I bought the game and 30 mins in, I haven't played since. Since then, I wait for reviews and gameplay footage.

Circa and BruceJohnJenner like this

Funniest part is, looking at the screenshot of the first person view firing an E-11 (somewhere earlier in this thread I think), I would argue that OpenJK with Rend2 might even be able to give this new engine a run for its money as far as looks go. Could you comment on that eezstreet?

The situation with DLC these days is absurd, companies like EA need to come back down to reality. All of a sudden, Lucasarts doesnt seem so unreasonable in retrospect, do they?

z3filus likes this

Well let's just hope this game is worth the money. I certainly won't be an early adopter, I'll be waiting for reviews.

Unless you get it on a damn good sale, it won't be. When it comes to triple AAA title pricing ($70-80 CAD) I've maybe been happy with 2% of them. Obviously I didn't pay full price for any of them, but the more time goes on the less you get and the more you have to pay. Less hours of gameplay, worse graphics (hello every sports game ever), it's ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes it's amazing, the best thing I've seen in many years... but the saber combat looks a bit boring and stupid unfortunately. The way he swings his sword doesn't look really convincing

Yes it's amazing, the best thing I've seen in many years... but the saber combat looks a bit boring and stupid unfortunately. The way he swings his sword doesn't look really convincing

The good thing is, they aren't really using saber combat to market the game, as it's not a main focus for the game, just like it wasn't in BFII. Heroes are more like big power-ups for playing well, which is a good move. BF is always about the common soldier and battleground, not Jedi vs Sith.