Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

@@NumberWan I am pretty sure that irony is intended :P 

Also commenting on the feel of this movie, feeling similar to the originals or (god forbid) the prequels, from the teasers and especially this new trailer I think this movie (or trilogy) will have its own feel compared to the previous movies. Also, if they kill off Han, they CANNOT kill off Luke!! 

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

It is most likely (and logical), that Episode VII will look like the Original Trilogy, however the prequels won't be ignored too. "What ever happened – happened", a principle to be observed in the new trilogy for sure. Episode VIII might explore other themes and motives, thus Episode VII is a bridge between generations.

We can't be sure, that Han will die. Some sources claim this won't happen.

As for Luke, I wouldn't worry too much: Force Ghosts are still canon. And he was an apprentice to Obi-Wan Kenobi himself!

12108959_883477418427207_754701262370517

z3filus, Jolly and dark_apprentice like this

People have already started making memes about it now.I have very suspicious feeling that Chewbacca might be the one to be killed off but who knows.Two months before the movies is released.We still don't know what the plot is about.

Ok, now i watched the new trailer again and here is my very own personal imagination for the Episode 7 story:

Luke Skywalker in JJ's eyes is as Lucas wanted to tell Mark years ago, that he is gonna be like the old Ben Kenobi, the old generation passing the fire to the new generation.

Let's all remember, that the prototype of Lucas  Star Wars drafts are of a General Skywalker and a farm boy called Annikin Starkiller !! So i think that Old Luke is now the new Ben Kenobi and he teaches Finn (perhaps and Rey too) the ways of the Force. However Kylo Ren (or whatever is his name) kills Luke in order to make his Force spirit go into the new generation (Finn and Rey), so that Finn after all the trainings could be enough strong to stand into Kylo Ren's way in the forest, as Luke himself did with Vader on ESB.
I am not into the idea of Han Solo to be dead, not because i like him or something, but because in this new trailer at the end (after the Falcon was burned) Leia was crying in the arms of ... Han Solo! 

Also this gives more the real feel of the original prototype of Lucas's SW with the old Luke as a master. The new "Death Star" or whatever it is is very similar to the picture from below and the Sith or perhaps a Knight of Ren is very similar to the so called "knights of ren" we are going to see now, or some sort of Sith or other dark side user.

the-star-wars-1-cover.jpg

1375820735000-COVER-NO-2-THE-STAR-WARS-C

@@DrXann

We can assume, it is indeed Chewbacca in the scene, badly wounded. Some claim it is simply a very large bold-shaved Ewok, but I don't buy it. =) People are divided now, whether Chewbacca or Han die in the film.

@@dark_apprentice

A comparison with the Death Star is in order. It is obvious, the weapon was either made inside the uninhabited planet, or this is something similar to Imperial Asteroids in Mysteries of the Sith video game. Those looked like natural stuff, but inside there was a military base with a weapon installation, though less powerful than Death Star beam.

We can also assume, that this Starkiller Weapon wasn't made by the First Order initially. There was a rumour about it some months ago.

The adapted comics based on early draft uses most of the older ideas. It is true and no longer big news, that Luke's role will look familiar to Star Wars fans, reminding of someone specific from the OT. The Ren as a title might be derived from that early draft too. And dozens of other things, including the new armor for snow troopers is actually from the early sketches for Episode V.

Here is an article, which analyses one scene from the trailer - when Han, Rey and Finn enter a building when a red droid passes by. It's interesting, that what we see in the background is an actual reference to many things seen in Episode I TPM and in The Clone Wars! Did anyone forget Sebulba the Dug?

flag.JPG

Also one of the FB groups re-quoted the phrase from the trailer in this picture:

10014637_883480551760227_257065410015319

dark_apprentice likes this

I also noticed Kylo without helmet, which raised the very question, whether he looked ugly like most Dark Side followers. It seems not.

This shot actually reminded me of Jon Snow from Game of Thrones.  :P

As for Mandalorians, I am not that sure, but it is true, that Kylo Ren is accompanied by someone else other than stormtroopers. Not black troopers too.

I didn't mean it like "wow he has not helmet, that's new"  ofcourse we all knew that he takes of his helmet at some point,
but to see him fight Finn without his mask and the hood, indicates that Finn already knows his identity, thus, they aren't
necessarily enemies at that specific moment, THAT IS WHAT I MEANT, it could be that Kylo is teaching Finn to fight.

why? yeah I know, Kylo is the enemy, but! no, remember, he is not a sithlord, it's not guaranteed he's 100% evil, just twisted, that's all.'

so maybe he ends up guestioning himself and ends up fighting against the Order with the Rebels, and teaches Finn how to use a lightsaber.

To back up the "Knights Of Ren" being with Kylo, there was also concept art developed for the Knights Of Ren so it's more then likely. @zeƒilus Or maybe the battle between Finn and Kylo is personal in some way? it does seem very silly that Kylo would be "good" in that sorta way where he would help the resistance (I just wanna call it rebellion =_=) or teach Finn how to fight, looking at the trailers as well it looks like it plays out like a vicious duel which I'm definitely excited for!!

z3filus likes this

For some weird reason people think Luke is actually Kylo Ren but their entirely separate characters and played by two completely different actors.Since we haven't seen a movie lightsaber duel in 10 years I wonder how it will play out.

Yeah on tumblr they are saying that people say Kylo is Luke as a joke. Personally I don't get the joke and it was never explained to me. Sounds really dumb though.

Yea it would be odd if he was helping them.. im just not understanding y that nigga even has the saber? Rey seems more like the main hero. Oh wow i just realized; the official concept art showed a girl with a lightsaber going against a sith with a guy crying on the ground behind. So could be that finn only uses the saber because SOMEONE HAS TO. u know?but then rey picks up the saber and has this supa saya moment xD

DT. likes this

The 7th film is about the new characters coming together then re-uniting the old team(chewie,han etc) and the search for luke who only turns up in the final quarter.The bad guys chasing leads by capturing rebels and using torture and mind control to find more rebels ,with the ultimate goal of finding skywalker and bringing him to justice for the murder of vader and palpatine. Skywalker now living like Oldben or a hermit keeps an eye on the kid from afar(His sister knows where he is).Laying low to protect his family from persecution.He himself has become a legend of folk law.The stories of his rise help as a inspiration for the rebels (Led by the princess).Just as in "A new hope" the film ends with a small but very significant victory,Ultimately bringing on the full wrath of the bad guys who are going to give the rebels a kicking in the 8th film.Things you will see like "A new chosen one".And a spiritual  teacher from the past.Made the film much more Familiar for old gits like me. ;)

@zeƒilus From what I've heard and seen in the past while, Rey is gonna be a continuous character throughout the new Trilogy, like a new Luke Skywalker. It is totally possible that Finn dies in TFW. Maybe him and Rey get in a battle with Kylo and Kylo stuns Rey, like the duel between Vader, Leia and Luke in the comic "Splinter in the minds eye" and Finn has to deffend himself against Kylo with Rey's Lightsaber. The Trailers of him dueling Kylo with Luke's saber is to mess with Fans. Then again a lot of advertising for TFA shows Finn with Luke's saber so I could totally be wrong. 

z3filus likes this

I can't wait to see the movie! Rey is more fitting for the lead character in the new trilogy, but why does she hide her identity? I hope she's a Skywalker from Leia's side.
It seems like a biblical fact by now that Luke wen't Yoda on his friends, abandoned everyone and lives as a hermit somewhere, so it's unlikely he has any offspring, no?

Kylo on the other hand remains a mystery. Where does he come from? Surely he can't also be a Skywalker, or could he? Then he would be Rey's sister, which sounds
a lot like the original trilogy, only this time, the siblings are against eachother rather than fighting side by side against the Order. Why does Kylo reveal his face to Finn ?
And for gods sake I'm dying to find out Who and What is the Supreme Leader Snoke, is he a Sith after all? How does Kylo learn to use the Force? Be here December.

There was a rumour, that Kylo Ren pretended in some cases to be a Skywalker to destroy the legendary hero reputation, that game much ground to the Rebellion and later the New Republic. The thing was that nobody except for some knew where Luke was, and Kylo wanted to lure him out with very different atrocities in the Galaxy. 

While we ask the question, who is Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke is a far larger mystery. We can only assume for now, that he is not a human, or at least not a human in common sense. SWU published an info on his possible persona:

Supreme Leader Snoke can be a large figure in the New Republic. Most people think he can be a replacement for Palpatine, or a new Sith Lord in charge, or perhaps even a master to Kylo Ren. How about a double agent role? He is playing a major role in the Galactic affairs, even addressing the new Senate at times (it is known, that by the time of TFA the Senate fully functions), offering solutions for prosperity of the Republic and at the same time – trying to avoid any complications with the remains of the Galactic Empire. In reality he is aiding the First Order, making a path for them in some nearest future.

At one point people were saying there is no New Republic in TFA. And no Rebels. But now we know that there is the Resistance. This isn't necessarily a spoiler, but the idea is based on some leaked info.

The Rebel Alliance seized to exist, when the Empire eventually fell - 2-3 years after Endor perhaps. At the time the New Republic was formed, with representatives both from the former Empire and the Rebel leadership. However some people believed it was too early to celebrate true victory and enjoy peace. Princess Leia and her allies (one being from the time of Galactic Civil War) began secretly preparing for the worst, establishing the Resistance – a movement that would prepare for the Empire to attack later on. Bo one believes them perhaps and most might treat them more like pirates rather than heroes.

I also found this art regarding the shot from the trailer.

Y2xbZDzZuOk.jpg