Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

New spoiler, which I learnt not from the news about Episode VII, but related to the film nonetheless:

The desert planet Jakku, seen in the trailer, was a place for a large battle between the Empire and the Alliance exactly a year after the Battle of Endor. 30 years later we see the graveyard of the ships, fallen in that battle.

The battle of Jakku will be available as a free DLC to the Star Wars Battlefront video game in December 2015.

Cerez likes this

Hey erm.. does anyone have an idea what's up with the new TIE's?! o.O I mean as a fan of this vehicles from the entire TIE family, I wonder now:

* Just a new HOTH (a.k.a. winter design) TIE's

* Are those entire new TIE Fighter designs, that we see on both trailers for EP7 (assuming, that we saw them not only on snow-covered planet /maybe Hoth maybe not/ and also over the desert in the first official trailer of SW-7)

Never the less I am really much more in love with those TIE's as never before O.O

NumberWan likes this

@dark_apprentice

It's been 30 years since Endor. So surely they made a new model of the next generation. =)

Some said that wasn't Leia in the trailer. But I am sure it were her:

1) arms and hands don't look like Rey's,

2) she has a strange ring, and Kira (Rey) is unlikely to wear those, she lives in the desert after all,

3) the phrase of Luke would lose its true meaning, if for Leia they used a scene with a different character.

From screenrant.com (unofficial, author - MessyPandas):

Star-Wars-Episode-7-Spoilers-Fan-Poster-

But I like it.

Cerez and dark_apprentice like this

Why is Finn so god damn sweaty? He's going to be sweating through the whole movie.

Umm... because he's been through a lot? :P

Some said that wasn't Leia in the trailer. But I am sure it were her:

1) arms and hands don't look like Rey's,

2) she has a strange ring, and Kira (Rey) is unlikely to wear those, she lives in the desert after all,

3) the phrase of Luke would lose its true meaning, if for Leia they used a scene with a different character.

I am certain that isn't Leia, @@NumberWan. I am also certain we are meant to think it is Leia at this point (from the trailer). This is an old movie trailer trick. An innuendo. When Luke says "sister" here, he is referring to his sister's legacy, which is something that we will learn more about in the new movie. The hands shown receiving the saber at that point could be Rey's, or they could be on a completely miscellaneous character, but I'm certain they are not Leia's. Also, the fact that Luke's son is not mentioned, hinted at, or reflected anywhere at this point in the trailer I think is a big clue that the heir to carry on the Skywalker legacy will not be Luke's son.

I am assuming this is Leia, because in the past several months I've constantly found articles, stating, that Luke, Han and Leia will appear in Episode VII (or a glimpse of them), while C-3PO, Chewie and R2-D2 were unconfirmed. It also doesn't make sense to me. 

The phrase here emphasizes the importance of these three key figures in the Galaxy - Vader, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa. The fourth one - is the group of the new generation, and the paraphrase of the legendary sentence on Endor - is the addressing to the new people, so that they could understand, that they are part of the legacy, which will always deal with the most dangerous, most unusual and most mysterious things in the Galaxy.

@Intone

He is not just sweaty, he has blood on his helmet! Isn't that disturbing?

By far this is the closest detailed picture of the new stormtrooper - not a concept or blurry shot. but an actual photo. =)

11140402_10153274815824752_4384414488704

I've read that there won't be any Super Star Destroyers in the movie but if you look at the wreckage during the second teaser toward the end the ship is indeed in fact the remains super star destroyer upside down and buried in the sands  just look at the engine difference between your normal ISD and compare it with a SSD and you'll be surprised.A lot of the things we've seen these past 3 days are only half of the whole thing believe or not thats what I think.

By the way search for The Star Wars Rough draft and its comic adaptation you'll notice there are similarities and differences between the Force Awakens and the comic adaptation  even though there entirely different but you can see the influence in both of them.

I haven't seen a comic adaptation? But there is always a difference. take Episode IV for instance. Or Episode I, which introduced the subplot about tusken raiders. Personally it was far better without it.

So the book and other materials are soon to come, covering the period between Episodes VI and VII as well.

This sounds not very good. I was hoping to fill the gap with a variety of events, which I prefer more than new ones.

But Ian McDiarmid is right - a good movies leaves some things unanswered and you are free to interpret it your way.

Another shot, which I like: it shows the technologically advanced stormtroopers in a medieval-like room:

SnGmBgUDqXc.jpg

Also the screenshot, poster by @@Zappa_0 in a different thread, has an interesting detail:

4Fon1bL.png

Can you see the guy in the black uniform to the right? He is standing behind the troopers. And looks like Death Star trooper or Commando from Dark Forces II. The figure in the distance with officers and 4 troopers with shoulder pads visible, raises lots of questions as well.

That might very well be the Yavin 4 base raid that they leaked during the filming session.There's a lot of Imperial Officers and maybe even Tie pilots as well.I never noticed the commando amongst the crowd.You forgot a few other things such as multicolored R5 domes, a gonk droid, and a brown and black T-70 X-wing,an alien that looks like a sub-species of Trandoshan or something else.To finish it off screen shots of different Jakku set pieces during filming.

@@DrXann

The new astromech droids were revealed months ago, with some citizens and building from Jakku as well. The new X-Wing was also present from the spy footage from a drone, and it raised lots of speculations at once.

The trandoshan, however, is something I've missed. Can you show that picture? Because so far Episode VII wasn't very generous regarding alien species - which raises another question: which aliens will we see in the film? Rodians, Ithorians, Duros, Bith, Neimodians, others?

Another shot, which I like: it shows the technologically advanced stormtroopers in a medieval-like room:

SnGmBgUDqXc.jpg

Also the screenshot, poster by @@Zappa_0 in a different thread, has an interesting detail:

4Fon1bL.png

Can you see the guy in the black uniform to the right? He is standing behind the troopers. And looks like Death Star trooper or Commando from Dark Forces II. The figure in the distance with officers and 4 troopers with shoulder pads visible, raises lots of questions as well.

what guy in the black uniform??

and... in the upper image, they could also be at the Evil Tower or whatever it's called.

@@DrXann

Oh, I can't really tell. He doesn't look like a trandoshan to me... He has some sort of a helmet and it covers its face. Maybe if the creature were moving, then it would be clearer, whether it's human or an alien. In Episode I there a few aliens, which can't be determined. When Darth Maul droid flies by, one is walking to the right, has a pilot costume, a helmet, but his face reminds some sort of white skull over his darker skin.

I see other beings there, that visually are not humans as well.

@

And here is the picture with my notes, there are not just stormtroopers, but other soldiers as well. Besides the black trooper (Commando-like guy from Dark Forces II), there are also different kinds of ordinary troopers, a snow trooper, an incinerator trooper (like in the Force Unleashed) and other military personnel in the background.

troopers2_zpsc6mn7osv.png

Not only does it ring nicer, it likely reflects the content of the new movie better, and being similar to A New Hope, it follows the simple titling tradition and marks it as a new chapter in the Star Wars saga -- just like the very first movie.