Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

I thought it was neat to see another black guy besides Lando in the universe.. hehe.

At any rate, I'm a bit confused when you say that "Stormtroopers was a massive Imperial Army scattered all over the galaxy". There were way more Imperial Army personnel than there were Stormtroopers.

Mace "Token Black Guy" Windu

Acording to Galactic News One, there is quite the story... Some people voiced the most unexpected idea here on forum. It might be true, and we've got 2 surprizes.

Read at your own risk!

The film can be divided into 3 parts, and spoilers cover the first two of them.

Both the Empire and the New Republic exist, the starting crawl expalins that after Palpatine's death a vacuum of power left the Empire weakened, but yet still struggling against the Rebels. The New Republic would remind the Allies Forces against Germany in 1944. Leia Organa is the Leader, C-3PO and R2-D2 are with her most of the time (and they are believed to be the only ones who would add a tiny comic relief to the darker film).

The earlier rumour, that the Galaxy is in disarray and much darker than during the Empire re-appeared again.

Daisy Ridley's Kira is the main famale character, she lives on Tatooine (presumably) and has a small ball-droid (seen in the trailer) and has a friend played by Fon Sydow. He is a vetran from the prequels era and collects various artifacts from the past, like old weapons, relics and other things. It is believed that he is the one, who is holding Vader's helmet in the film, whcih is now part of his collection. He helps Kira around, tells her stories of the past, history. She tries to hide her Solo connections in order to avoid trouble.

Boyega is a deserter from the Imperial army, a Force-sensitive stormtrooper, who is hunted by an Inquisitor (Gwendoline Christie), whose appearance we also saw earlier (silver armour like stormtrooper). There are several such Inquisitors it seems, they are in command for now. But this one has more of Imperial feel, rather than that of the Sith.

No one knows where Luke is, but rumours say, he managed to train several Jedi, who are hiding now as well. Kira would like to find him and perhaps through the relics, which would reveal his location. In reality only Han and Leia know where he is.

Luke, when seen in the film, will be contacting a Force ghost of Yoda. He also has an aprentice played by Lupita Nyongo (this character is a love interest for Boyega).

Han and Chewie help Kira fly off Tatooine on Millenium Falcon. Max von Sydow accompanies them, as well as Boyega.

The Republic constructs a large weapon on a frozen world, purpose unknown. Perhaps excavating a Sith weapon from old times would be the correct answer.

Oscar Isaac is an X-Wing pilot, but nothing indicates he is Solo. Adam Driver is also a pilot, but turns to the Dark Side in the end.

Lando is in the film, and is a legend. His Sullustan friend also makes an appearance. Funny one.

Most Curious fact 1: Max von Sydow's character is not what we might see in the film - his true identity would be revealed in later films. He is someone from the prequels (?)

Most Curious fact 2: Andy Serkis plays an Alien Sith, who is not allied with the Empire. His voice is heard in the video. He trained Palpatine at one point, but he is NOT Darth Plaguies. 100%

[url=http://www.galacticnewsone.com/2014/12/mega-spoiler-star-wars-force-awakens.htmlFrom here

These plot reveals are leaked via people that work with the prop- or lighting team etc. since the closer you are seated to JJ Abrams and Lucas, the less likely it is that you release

any "leaked info" because you'd be fired from the team, right? So while these plot reveals may be correct, it's still very possible that many things will change before the movies premiere.

Interesting to read, and some of that stuff was OK to me, but It's far too detailed concidering we've still got a whole year ahead of us.

DT85 likes this

...and Ezra Bridger should still be around-- he'd be close to Luke's age, yes? And if he doesn't get killed off in "Rebels" ...do you think he'll have a part in 7, 8, or 9?

Possible, but unlikely; Ezra is a hero character created for Rebels.

YES  but NO  :huh:  Luke was around 20 years old in EP4  -- and Ezra is around 15 years old in Rebels, which is 5 years before New Hope.

so basically you could watch the New Hope and say one of Lukes friends is Ezra, since they are both interested in same things.

I can't belive I've actually photshopped this, but I read a wild guess about Max Von Sydow's character in the new film. 

@@Circa

@@NumberWan

@@DT85

@the rest who are watching Rebels

One wild guess that you all can google, is that he could be Kanan.  I've already read that his character will somehow drop the jaws of audiences around the world,

so that's why I doubt this is the answer, because Rebels isn't that popular, atleast not yet. But let's say that Kanan gets almost killed in Rebels and need to be made

half cyborg just to keep him alive, he could fit the description of Sydow's character and as you can see, the young Max looks much like Kanan from the Rebels show.

See the photoshop marvel

sydownkanan.jpg

sydownkanan23.jpg

Archangel35757 likes this

I can't belive I've actually photshopped this, but I read a wild guess about Max Von Sydow's character in the new film. 

@@Circa

@@NumberWan

@@DT85

@the rest who are watching Rebels

One wild guess that you all can google, is that he could be Kanan.  I've already read that his character will somehow drop the jaws of audiences around the world,

so that's why I doubt this is the answer, because Rebels isn't that popular, atleast not yet. But let's say that Kanan gets almost killed in Rebels and need to be made

half cyborg just to keep him alive, he could fit the description of Sydow's character and as you can see, the young Max looks much like Kanan from the Rebels show.

See the photoshop marvel

sydownkanan.jpg

sydownkanan23.jpg

I just said that earlier. And I see no reason (if he's alive) why Ezra couldn't appear in 7, 8, or 9.

Just another wild guess.... this time about Mark Hamill

Obviously he looks awful without make up, I feel safe to say the guy doesn't own a mirror -- he's like a hobo with a lightsaber outside the studio.

But I came across an old movie from 1989 called Slipstream,  and I stopped to wonder why on earth have I not thought about this before;

Now .. I personally, coam my hair back and to make it look good, I need to have longer hair on top than on the sides -- with that said, I now look at Mark Hamill and

can't stop thinking that, what if.. he would coam his hair back when he's doing his scenes? He would look a lot like Luke in his old days, pictured in a fan art below.

Slipstream-1989-mark-hamill-27012769-800

Walking-Skies-by-Skywalker..png

@

I don't think Max von Sydow plays Kanan. The types are different somehow, and it would much more interesting to see another face here. And the rumour was saying (though it's a rumour only), that:

He is playing a veteran, who is very-very old, while Kanan is relatively young in Rebels. More than that the same spoiler was saying that von Sydow plays a non-Force-sensitive character, though he is interested in Jedi history and collects various relics of those days. But his true identity would be revealed in Episode IX.

Somehow I missed one more hot spoiler from the same source:

Vader will be seen in Episode VII, but either as a vision or a memore of some other characer (presumably Leia). Carrie Fisher's daughter would be playing a younger version of Leia for the same scenes.

Interestingly, these spoilers are mostly about things, that can be filmed in real studio, sets, while we have no info on battles, unusual cities, locations or strange creatures and larger starships - I guess, because that's the work for Visual effects department and CGI, so they aren't ready just yet.

Have you read the article about Andy Serkis having two roles in Episode VII?

I don't think Max von Sydow plays Kanan. The types are different somehow, and it would much more interesting to see another face here. And the rumour was saying (though it's a rumour only), that:

Yeah me neither, I just tossed it in the air as it is being discussed as a possibility on other forums. I like to think he has a much more important role than Kanan.

Somehow I missed one more hot spoiler from the same source:

Vader will be seen in Episode VII, but either as a vision or a memore of some other characer (presumably Leia). Carrie Fisher's daughter would be playing a younger version of Leia for the same scenes.

That would be great, the concept art images already hint that he'll be somewhat important figure atleast for Episode 7 if not for the whole Disney Trilogy.

And yes I have read an article about Andy Serkis having two roles in the film -- one being motion capture, which is his speciality (Golum from Lord of the Rings

and Caesar from the Planet of the Apes, even King Kong, to name 3 of his roles) and the other chracter he would play in SW7 would be a traditional live action role.

This is an important hint, since, Andy Serkis is the voice on the teaser trailer, and I doub't he did it just for fun, it must be the voice of either one of his characters.

There is already a description of his role on starwarsunderworld.com:

- Andy Serkis’ character basically looks like an old man, zombie like, almost risen from the dead.

- He is being referred to as “Uber”, similarly to how Ridley is being called Kira and Nyong’o is being called Rose.

- “Uber” has communication with Adam Driver’s Sith character, and a character played by Domhnall Gleeson. Serkis potentially is the Master pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

- All three characters are part of the new “Empire” which Gwendoline Christie’s character is also a part of. She is confirmed to be playing a Chrome Trooper.

I really hope that their won't be one evil side, rather two different enemies to the protagonists.

It is also somehow soothing to hear that most names we hear (like Kira) might yet be different (so... I would enjoy seeing Jaina instead).

We'll be watching a new trailer with the release of Avangers in 2015, it seems.

To tell the truth, I am most thrilled to learn, that there would be "an invisible villain" (Andy Serkis presumably), who would be behind everything in Episodes VII-IX, whilst we also have a major character of the same status on the side of the good guys (Max von Sydow).

To reiterate only - Serkis is playing the possible Sith behind the curtain, while Sydow's part is of a cyborg friend, a veteran from the Clone Wars era, who is fond of history and collects relics.

I watched through several scenes of Episode I to see if there might be a hint, though most likely either of these two is not in the films.

And if Plaguies is most likely not to appear in Episode VII, then what if

Palpatine was actually manipulated by someone else to kill Plaguies and follow a different Sith path? Plaguies believed in rule of two at least for some time, while Palpatine is most likely to have abandoned this tradition, posing himself as the ultimate ruler of everything in the Galaxy. What if there was a rival to Plaguies, even unbeknown to him, who saw the potential in future Emperor as well. Things might have moved the different path here as well, but in the end this mysterious figure re-appeared again (as a Force ghost maybe) to use what was left of Empire to gain former ground?

I wonder if a faction within the New Republic/Republic is going to split and form something else like in the Legacy comics for example the Five Worlds of Corellia .Also from what the spoilers said is that the Imperial Remnant/Empire is going to be a secondary enemy later on which sounds like either a spilter faction is going to take shape or something else might happen.

NumberWan likes this

I am pretty sure, that at least two of the characters have different names. No, I mean, that the revealed names are true, but two of the characters still have second names:

The girl by the name of Rey is actually the daughter of Han Solo and Leia Organa, and she might be using an alias name to hide from enemies

Kylo Ren might be the real name of the character for the time being. If he is a Sith, he might be Darth somebody, though even if he is not, he still can have a second name.

The earlier spoilers revealed more names than the latest five, btw, though they are unconfirmed.

And... wait, isn't that a weapon from Episode I The Phantom Menace in Episode VI??? (careful, character's name also here)

Isn't that a recoloured version of Darth Maul's hilt?

daisyridleycard.jpg