Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

CAUTION: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS

I know there was a thread made when the announcement was made but I figured I should make a new one.

Any news or new rumors can be discussed here.

I just saw this article tonight.

I'm happy to see this. It would be amazing to have the original cast and have them look as much as they would as their characters at their age.

Darth Sion and DT85 like this

Would be great if they did, but we've gone 30 years without them in any Star Wars media (with the exception of a few video games, but they didn't voice them). But hopefully at that age, they'll be able to pull off their roles again.

Would be great if they did, but we've gone 30 years without them in any Star Wars media (with the exception of a few video games, but they didn't voice them). But hopefully at that age, they'll be able to pull off their roles again.

Wrong, sir. You forgot the most prime example of this.

In JK2, Lando is actually voiced by Billy Dean Williams.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Asgarath83 likes this

Speaking of Lando:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkC_EkEUCg

And some rumors that I'll post:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/11/star-wars-episode-7-casting-rumours-from-benedict-cumberbatch-to-ryan-gosling-3958958/

For a title, I'd be happy with:

STAR WARS: Episode VII - New Beginnings

STAR WARS: Episode VII - The New Republic

STAR WARS: Episode VII - The New Order

STAR WARS: Episode VII - The New Jedi

STAR WARS: Episode VII - The Remnant

STAR WARS: Episode VII - Return of the Emperor

STAR WARS: Episode VII - Hidden Evil

STAR WARS: Episode VII - Dark Forces

STAR WARS: Episode VII - New Generations

But without knowing what the whole story is, it's kind of hard to think up a good title. :P

Circa and therfiles like this

I hope the name won't be too obvious. I mean, it would be foolish to hear somthing like Return of the Sith or New Jedi Order... It's clear such things can happen in the film, so no point in underline them in the title.

I would be happy, if the title was more like The Phantom Menace - who, where, why? It's not that clear even after watching the movie. You still guess even after that - whether the threat is coming from the little boy of the mysterious person in a cloak. Return of the Jedi was also like that - it feels as if it about Luke (but why?), but surely you learn more after the movie - ... Well, no point to mention all of it here.

For now I feel positive about Episode VII. I like, that the old cast returns (perhaps), that the story takes place 40 years after Episode VI, and that the team of Episode V is working on the film. It's also good, that a lot of people hate the yet-to-be-released film and leave mostly negative comments, because by doing so, they make it just possible, that Episode VII might be awesome despite all bitterness, heard here and there.

• 2 months later...