Decompiling demos/replays

http://skuller-vidnoe.narod.ru/q3dspecs.htm

This should give you a pretty decent spec. In theory, the format shouldn't be changed between Q3<->JA, but stay on your toes, and note the difference in playerState/entityState between JA<->Q3. Also note that the sizes CAN be completely different from what the q_shared.h specifies, this is in netf_overrides.txt/psf_overrides.txt in ext_data.

afi likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I solved quite a few errors, but for some days I keep getting the "bad command byte" error. Does it have something to do with the bigger playerstate/entitystate in JKA? Or is there something wrong with the MSG_ReadBits function?

• 2 months later...

I never figured how to make it not crash. I'm just curious now... we got some cheat-problems in the ESL. Is it possible to get information about... let's say edited/hacked sabers from the demo. Or: Are there information in a demo that are not shown with /configstrings?

• 4 months later...

I just had some free time and decided to give it a new try but still no success... does anyone have an idea why it won't work? I mean, Q3 and JKA are not THAT different <.< (And yes, I got the different playerstate/entitystate)

• 10 years later...