Lord of the rings models

Heya,

I became annoyed that nobody ever made some Lord Of The Rings models for jka, why is that?

People kept making those stupid 'nonsense' models that nobody cared about.

Is somebody here on jkhub that knows how to make a playermodel and is willing to make a nice looking dwarf?

I haven't seen any models for JA, but there are a few models, created years ago for Jedi Outcast. I remember using on occasion a model of Legolas.

There was also a pack of orcs, one being from Moria surely. You can find this pack in this section.

I've seen a pack of reskins of various characters as well, though they are far from perfect.

Langerd and Smoo like this

Why? Presumably because the person who gave the quest thought it would be fun to pit LotR characters against Star Wars characters, or because he wants to recreate LotR battles in this style of gameplay. The point is: this is a GAME. We play it to have fun, and not all of us want ONLY star wars characters in our star wars games. That's what modding is for, to expand upon the game in any way we want to make it more fun. If you don't like it, don't download it. But you shouldn't discourage a mod's creation just because it doesn't "fit in" with everything else. Calm down.

RAILBACK, Bane_Ross, Maui and 4 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I became annoyed that nobody ever made some Lord Of The Rings models for jka, why is that?

People kept making those stupid 'nonsense' models that nobody cared about.

Yea, I knew about that TC mod, and I got very pissed when I saw that they stopped the project.

And again, I don't need the useless human models.

You're... passionate about this, huh?

You'll have better luck if you rename this thread to "Dwarf model" instead of just "LOTR models" then, as that seems much less daunting and way more specific, it'll get more attention. On top of that I'd suggest posting reference pictures in your first post so people know exactly what you're looking for. If they can see it and don't have to search for references themselves then there's a higher chance of someone picking it up.

Lancelot likes this
  • 3 years later...

Its here:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/487-ffa-helms-deep/

If you or anyone else wanted LOTR skins or skin packs or models, I have some. The readmes are all gone, sorry. But really, if you are including a readme, please put it in the PK3 as well. And don't just leave it as readme, REname the same as your file. I always end up renaming tons of readme files because quite a few people just leave it as a conventional name.

Here are the files I have from JK2, with no readmes:

Boromir
Gilgalad
Knight_of_Gondor_skin
Legolas
Lurtz
Nazgul
Strider
Urukhai

They all have skin and bot support with sounds. Every file is from 2002!! And I believe I got them from pcgamemods.
Smoo likes this

Its here:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/487-ffa-helms-deep/

If you or anyone else wanted LOTR skins or skin packs or models, I have some. The readmes are all gone, sorry. But really, if you are including a readme, please put it in the PK3 as well. And don't just leave it as readme, REname the same as your file. I always end up renaming tons of readme files because quite a few people just leave it as a conventional name.

Here are the files I have from JK2, with no readmes:

Boromir
Gilgalad
Knight_of_Gondor_skin
Legolas
Lurtz
Nazgul
Strider
Urukhai

They all have skin and bot support with sounds. Every file is from 2002!! And I believe I got them from pcgamemods.

How about the models?

Well. maybe look for some on the Wonko site. I don't have readmes, so I can't upload them. If you want the files from me, I can send them.

That'd be fine. You could also use dropbox and post them in here.

Thats usually the preferred way of making models available to the public, but only if you want to.

Unless you wanna send em my way and I can repost them here?

for some odd reason it only has 2 skins despite saying it has more :/

Sorry LOH. If you go back to the previous menu, you will find all the files there. I just gave the first link. There is pack A, B, C, & D. Might as well get pack "D" because it has all the final updates. I think the rest of the packs are redundant.