Sarlacc tentacles - How to make them move?

Ok so how to make moving tentacles? I wanted to use the deform vertexes option but it doesnt gave me a resault that i wanted. And i made 4 tentacles MD3 but i forgot to save the blend file... Is there any way to import them back?

And the animated Md3 is way to go or Roff file? (i dont know how to use it)

You have three options:

Roff. Animated Rigid Bodies. Hardly what you want here, but for the record: I think there's a limit on how many of them you can have, but the objects animated this way can have collision detection.

MD3. Per Vertex Animation. Size limited to [-512, 512). Take a look at e.g. the button scripts to see how this works.

Ghoul2. Bone animation. Need an NPC, or possibly that misc_ghoul2 or whatever it's called, I never tried that.

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Ok i exported them as glm and just save them as blend.

Now i will start making animation of MD3 and see how it will work :) Many thanks guys!

http://jkhub.org/topic/4822-mp-3d-animated-flag-model/?do=findComment&comment=70937

I thought of a technique on how to use a NPC as map model ;)
Same technique can be applied here :P

Unless you're mapping for singleplayer ofc, then you can go for animated MD3s. If you want to make your map multiplayer compatible you can use my technique :)

This method is very interesting but my skills are not high enough to make this D: I must learn some new things

Same problem I ran into Langerd ;)
Misc_model_breakable is an SP only entity. Try the rancor level on multiplayer mode for example. The switches that make the windows open are those entities.
In SP that entity is usable too. In MP it simply doesn't appear, so most buttons in that map don't function there.

You haven't told us what game you're modding for by the way, is it singleplayer or multiplayer?
If it's singleplayer, go for misc_model_breakable. If multiplayer, try the technique i wrote in my own thread :P
I don't want to push people in using my ways or somethin, but I also tried several things and found that my technique was the only one that worked.

I don't work with blender, but with 3Ds max. However I've read that Blender is capable of exporting glm's and gla's, instead of using the Carcass compiler.
Considering what a sarlac looks like from above ground, it's pretty easy to create animations for it aswell.
You could also add a death trigger close to it's mouth, and activate a script that would make it squeal and bite whenever a player gets too close to it :D
Honestly, animating and rigging a sarlac is pretty much the easiest thing there is :P

I made it with Misc_model_breakable and... the effect... sucks... The light and dark not catch to it and the animation is laggy :/ 180 frames i thought are enough.

Origins of the model doesnt work at all ... the tentacles are flying in the air ... I could make the glm but as i said before in on topic i cant export it for some reason... Maybe i will make deform vertexes very low to make it work in SP and MP. I dont play MP and i checked milion times that some things works fine in SP but comepletly doesnt work in MP. I will throw towel on that i think...

No need, GLM exporting can't be done with md3view ;)

I mean, it works with lightsabers and weapon models alright, but animated models not so much ;)

I don't know how you feel about it, but if you'd send me the model I can give you an animated glm and gla, with a script :)

Individual tentacles can have different animations, like normal waving around, some twisting and turning, some slapping around etc. your call ;)