Jedi Knight Galaxies officially closed

No, those are the development files. I need the stuff to actually run the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, Stoiss lent me a hand and I've got everything I've need to set up a small workstation.

Sorry I just read your other post.  So you've got all the assets now?

JKG Developer

Is there any reason, why this news re-appeared? Galaxies were shut down a long time ago, but still - yes, that was a great game and great time.

I mean, was there any significant event, which would cause someone (@Petzi :))) look into the story of this wonderful project? I myself try to find at least some tiny pieces of information on SW Galaxies, hoping, that somehow the game isn't that dead, as it was claimed.

It had so much material, so many things, and unlike many other games, it won't be able to be revived in any matter? KOTOR and Tie Fighter can at least be replayed, and modded. Their legacy can survive. But this one was an online adventure... So all those armor, datapads, terminals, Tatooine houses, planets, speeders, animals, trees, characters, species models, etc - all they are gone?

Aside from that, even if you were thinking of the mod, it is still completely playable (though broken in many ways as far as balance and some bugs go) and we're not pulling the plug completely, just formally announcing we're no longer actively developing it.

JKG Developer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Would anyone be interested in reviving this mod? I've played around with its source code, because of its similarities to a mod I wanted to create, And this could very well be revived with some help from former founding members.

Kind of funny how you seemed to completely miss the rest of this sub forum and the activity going on for the past few weeks.  The mod is basically being revived after a fashion.  Most recent changes are on the github and highlighted here, but we're working on getting the next patch out soon.

In regards to that, @@eezstreet can we close this topic as it is completely out of date - maybe end it with a link to something more recent? / edit the first post with a link/info.

Smoo likes this

JKG Developer