Ahsoka's New Look

Let me rave about this... I just saw the new Ahsoka in Rebels.  -_-

2nunf5w.png

I like the new outfit, but with her head and face... what were they thinking? She doesn't even look like Ahsoka anymore -- more like a strange, distant relative.

They changed the patterns on her lekkus and montrals, and even the signature pattern on her face. That doesn't change in Togruta! Not to mention that she's supposed to be 31 years old here, and she sounds like she's 15 at most... I don't get it...  :huh:

Also, at 31 years of age, her montrals should have grown significantly. By their length she looks no more than 20 years old here...

(This is one of the ways I know Rebels is not really headed by Dave Filoni and his creative team anymore.)

I know right? I was really puzzled. It just... ugh.

1. Ahsoka isn't attractive anymore. She suffered from the Satele Shan disease.
  2. The patterns on her lekku and face are rather ridiculous. On the Rebels design, suddenly they're crazy and jagged like lightning bolts.
  3. I don't mind seeing silver sabers, but something just feels off about Ahsoka using them.
Bek likes this

Hahaha! They had to replace her head with another person's to hide her identity during the execution of Order 66. :P

So it's still Ahsoka, but with someone else's head...  :lol:

Edit: I have a feeling Dave was trying to bring back Ahsoka into the picture, but the new management had new ideas about how she should look and sound, and her role in the new series. But that's just another wild guess from me...

The main good I see of Ahsoka coming back in Rebels, I suppose, is the fact that she and her former Master will re-acquaint, but on opposing sides. Honestly though, if her story were to continue, I don't think it should have happened right here. In fact, they should have started in 18 BBY, where the Rise of the Empire begins after Order 66 and the Seps/Kaminoan remnants have been wiped out. It'd be cool if she had visited Dantooine or something, meditating for clarity, and meanwhile...

Gregor is still out there, and he used to serve under Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars (the battle of Saresh being a specific example.) What if he was making his way in the galaxy and trying to find another way to survive and perhaps make a living? Maybe he'd end up on Tatooine eventually and after he gets an apartment or something, Obi-Wan might show up and propose that he help Gregor find passage to Dantooine for a new ally and a new goal of rebellion before the Imperial quarantine (which would be in place as Republic Commandos are sent to hunt down the renegade marked by Palpatine) finds him first. For the first time, we would have seen Obi-Wan and a Republic Commando fighting the Empire (sounds badass, right?) and after all the action, Gregor would manage to get to Dantooine.

When he gets there, he finds Ahsoka at the long-beholden ruins of the Jedi Enclave. Suppose she'd be in... an almost primitive sort of guise. Like a Togruta hunter. Maybe a less slutty version of Shaak Ti's TFU outfit.

Gregor and Ahsoka. Potent pair-up, right? Suppose by this point, she's kind of like Revan. A person of clarity; a person willing to embrace a larger view of things. A person who had the right wisdom and perception to leave her Master before she became a pawn of the dark side within the Clone War and its end. A person who sensed the true darkness would unfold at some point, and knew that her final experiences with the Jedi Order were merely the beginning of something that would occur, in only a matter of time.

This is not to say she wouldn't have the same personality, but she'd be even wiser by this point. (Not necessarily cryptic like her lines to Ezra in Rebels.)

Just throwing ideas out there. I might write a fanfiction.

Cerez and Onysfx like this

Just throwing ideas out there. I might write a fanfiction.

I love it, Intone! :D You really should write this story. Those are some really good creative plot ideas. :winkthumb: It sounds like something that should have been a part of TCW2, or a full novel following TCW.

That's what I've always loved about TCW and Star Wars -- the personal stories of all involved, Jedi, civilian, and soldier alike. This would make a great story, and I would definitely read it. *nods*

Edit:

Its the same team, but a totally different art style, and this reflects that. I think they did a good job with it. Looks like a slightly more realistic and mature take on Ahsoka. 

Well, it doesn't even feel like the same character anymore, @@Circa. I'm having trouble relating her at all to the original Ahsoka we've grown to know and love...

That's fine if you like the new Tano, but I find this new direction quite hard to swallow...

Lamented likes this

she's supposed to be 31 years old here, and she sounds like she's 15 at most... I don't get it...  :huh:

Also, at 31 years of age, her montrals should have grown significantly. By their length she looks no more than 20 years old here...

Her voice is irrelevant --  She does look a lot older in Rebels, and the montrals have grown a lot from TCW.  What am I missing? Face paint? 

Maybe her species, her culture is to be blaimed. Maybe she grew up and went trough some sort of ceremony and had her face re-painted. :)

Still no boobs though...

rebelsahsoka-tn.jpg

Lamented likes this

ahsokadifer.jpg

Seems like they've only brought the headpiece lower. Maybe slightly altered the shapes. But it looks the same.

I suppose you're right. But it feels so different. And her nose and face have been elongated... It must be the stylisation, again. They go to such extremes with these design looks...

Edit: Oh, and it's not face paint, @. It's actually a geometric colour pattern on Togruta's skin that's genetic and unique to each person. They are born with it. At least that's what is said in the official books. The same goes for the lekku/montral pattern. It doesn't change much as they grow. Togruta also don't have eyebrows, and instead of ears they have higher spacial and sound awareness with their montrals.

And unlike Twi-leks, Togruta's headtails (lekkus) don't house their brain, but are still considered an attractive, sensual, and proud feature.

A quick little Star Wars lesson there for you. :winkthumb:

Bek likes this

I suppose you're right. But it feels so different. And her nose and face have been elongated... It must be the stylisation, again. They go to such extremes with these design looks...

Edit: Oh, and it's not face paint, @. It's actually a geometric colour pattern on Togruta's skin that's genetic and unique to each person. They are born with it. At least that's what is said in the official books. The same goes for the lekku/montral pattern. It doesn't change much as they grow. Togruta also don't have eyebrows, and instead of ears they have higher spacial and sound awareness with their montrals.

And unlike Twi-leks, Togruta's headtails (lekkus) don't house their brain, but are still considered an attractive, sensual, and proud feature.

The books may say that, but given that the books are non-cannon, they may be swinging things differently now.

The design direction and cartoon designs aren't the same. I find the younger Ahsoka more appealing to the eye too, but she looks older and wiser now. You have to consider that TCW made everybody have stupidly huge anime eyes and lips, and Rebels seems to make the proportions more realistic.

Cerez likes this