A Certain Togruta

When I asked for help on the forums for someone experienced to work with me on this project, you all kept silent.

I will do it my way, and it'll work well. It already does, this is a top quality model.

:) Look at how far you've come, that is some fine looking dame you're creating.

:) Look at how far you've come, that is some fine looking dame you're creating.

Hahaha, yeah, it only took a whole year to make...! :P

I hope she'll prove to be a quality player model. I certainly tried my hardest here, and the help, support, and constructive feedback has been great -- thank you! I'm happy with the way she turned out. Hope you guys will like her, too. But first I've still got to finish the textures... the arms and neck are still unshaded... *heads back to work*

This should help:

20pxy1g.png

I've added more definition to her eyes. The face is now as complete and as close as I can make it for JKA.

This looks awesome! but I can't help but notice that the eyes are a bit too far up. when I compare the head to the references you have, I notice that the forehead is much larger than what you've modeled. Great work nonetheless!

This looks awesome! but I can't help but notice that the eyes are a bit too far up. when I compare the head to the references you have, I notice that the forehead is much larger than what you've modeled. Great work nonetheless!

There's a good reason for that. The forehead is actually normal headshape and size, but the montrals cover a part of the head and forehead, so the eyes appear a little higher when viewed front-on in a 2D image. If you measure it they are actually normally midway on the head. In order to end up with a more elegant montrals design on a realistic shaped human head it was absolutely necessary for us to make this sacrifice. Otherwise you end up with a humongous forehead and pushed back montrals, such as seen here:

Screen%20shot%202012-08-29%20at%207.44.4shaak_ti_avv6.jpg

To me that looks ugly. We didn't want to go with this approach. I think the design Cadellin and I came up with has a more natural flow -- it looks like it's actually a part of the head, as it's supposed to be, and keeps her looking youthful and attractive. You'll see it when you take the model for a 3D spin.

Edit: In other words the shadow you see at the "top" of the forehead is a pre-rendered shadow supposedly created by the groove and dimension of the montrals, not the actual top of the forehead, as it may appear when viewed flat front-on. The upper half of the forehead sinks into the volume of the montrals, which compliment the shape of the head in our design. The top of the head is almost at the very top of the montrals in that front view. I know this sounds funny, but trust me, it works.

You can see it visualised in this mockup (the position of the montrals is a little off to the side, but you get the picture):

255ki2v.png

z3filus, Bek, DarthStiv and 5 others like this

I have to say this model has really come to grow on me. Aside from the mirrored textures, can't say I have any complaints with the model.

The funny thing is I've changed very little on the model itself. It's mostly got to do with well painted textures, particularly lighting/shading in the textures. You can have an awesome model and still make it look crap in the end with bad texturing.

I bow before master texture artists.

I've been following this for a while but I love it <3 Great strides have been made! Can't wait for the day it's released.. if.. you release it :P

Thanks. ^_^

Getting real close. 9 steps away from release. ;)

I can hardly wait, too.

I'd reduce the darkness inbetween her shoulder blades a lot more though, right now it's shaded like a very deep "hole" in her back - which it's not so go a bit lighter there

Thanks. You're right, the darker area looked a bit flat. I've added a little more definition to it:

2yv5pwy.jpg

JAWSFreelao, Onysfx and z3filus like this

Released! (Finally!)

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2411-ahsoka-tano/

I highly recommend taking her for a stroll around underworld Coruscant. :)

For everyone who's been following this thread and providing feedback and advice, I'd like to honestly thank you for all your critical feedback and support. As a behind-the-scenes bonus, I've uploaded a little extension to the mod that enables single-player player model use, off the record. I have to say, Ahsoka's not too bad in acting Jaden's role. ;)

5n2f7c.jpg

Download SP Extension

Also, game default background version icons if you prefer a more universal look:

zwx2ye.jpgsmytjq.jpgju8n6q.jpg