A Certain Togruta

She's back from hiding, coming soon to even the score. ^_^ (And to show everyone how @@AshuraDX's lightsabers are really wielded! Haha!)

sp7mns.png

Teaser screenie now, more info later... I'm still working on finalising the rigging and texturing. And yes, it's a realistic, JK version of her. ;) (I have been listening. :winkthumb:)

Edit: I've been working on this model closely with a skilled friend of mine for almost half a year now. It's come a long way since we started on this project together. Now that it's finally nearing release, I thought it may be time for a treat.

That looks fine as hell! Great job  bro (sis?)!

Just a thought, but perhaps you'd be interested in frankensteining that head onto various bodies? (IE jedi robes, HS robes, things that most people generally beg for).

Not that I care however. But seriously just the back view is leaps and bounds better than the CWA port.

That looks fine as hell! Great job  bro (sis?)!

Just a thought, but perhaps you'd be interested in frankensteining that head onto various bodies? (IE jedi robes, HS robes, things that most people generally beg for).

Thanks. Well, I was entertaining the idea that someone could neatly merge the head with the Jedi Human Female body. That way, with a few good reskins, we could create a new, Togruta single-player species. I think that would make a worthy "Frankenstein" project...

(But that'll have to wait until after the release. I've simply got too much on my hands now...)

But seriously just the back view is leaps and bounds better than the CWA port.

Well, this is a model custom made from scratch for JKA. The CWA model was made for a different game, so you can't really compare them directly. This model has a realistic design while the CWA model has the stylistic cartoon design of the show.

Imagining and fine-tuning the realistic design was a lot of work. But I'm getting ahead of myself. More in time. ;)

Asgarath83 likes this

A very welcome update. Will you be doing other versions of Ahsoka as well?

Meaning her early, season 1-3 look? No, but I don't see why someone interested wouldn't be able to reskin this model to her other outfit. They're quite similar in terms of body shape. Only the buckle is a little different, but that's really a minor detail.

Thanks everyone for your support. Stay tuned.  ^_^

Meaning her early, season 1-3 look? No, but I don't see why someone interested wouldn't be able to reskin this model to her other outfit. They're quite similar in terms of body shape. Only the buckle is a little different, but that's really a minor detail.

Thanks everyone for your support. Stay tuned.  ^_^

Her head lekku things are shorter when she's younger. In the later seasons, they are longer, as do all Togrutas I believe.

Season 1:

Anakin_Ahsoka_Storm_Over_Ryloth.png

Later seasons:

Ahsoka_TCWs3.jpg

And then she appears on Rebels as well, and they are much longer, like Shaak Ti's.

Her head lekku things are shorter when she's younger. In the later seasons, they are longer, as do all Togrutas I believe.

That's true, but it's nothing that a little model tweaking can't fix.  :winkthumb: The bigger problem is that she's 12-13 at the beginning of the series, and 16 at the end. That's a big difference in realistic growth and development. Making a 12-year-old model for JKA is difficult. Even the 16-year-olds look like 19-year-olds in this game. She would have to look something closer to NeoMarz's younglings, to make it true to life.

We were aiming for a 16-17-year-old with this design.

Lancelot and JAWSFreelao like this

The only thing I'd comment on is to make the pouch on the small of her back a model instead of being skinned on.  Skinned on pouch very, very rarely ever look good.  Just my input! 

I know... I couldn't convince Cadellin. -_- He wanted to keep the poly count as low as possible. Now I can't extrude it because the poly layout does not match. I'm afraid that'll have to stay skinned. I'll try to do a good job skinning it, so that it at least creates the illusion of 3D...

The advantage is that the model is more re-usable, for creating new skins, without it.

it'd be enoguh to add a small box there - the straps could easily stay textured

but the puch could be made as a little box

Perhaps that's something for version 2 of the model? To turn the straps and pouch into 3D shapes instead of just textures, and add it to the model as a new hips object (that can be turned off)?

In all honesty it's not that bad, though. The pouch is really small. In JKA's low poly world it looks just fine textured. I just need to increase the visual quality of the textures. On my to-do list.

Edit: @@AshuraDX, would you be okay with me bundling your Ahsoka lightsaber hilts, along with their readme, with this model -- to make it easier for everyone to download?

Asgarath83 likes this

He's doing a realistic version yet you compare it to an animated version. BTW this is looking very good.

If my image were an animated version, her eyes would be huge, the proportions of her face wouldn't be nearly as human, and the eyelashes wouldn't look real. That WAS a realistic take. It's quickly obvious.

@@Cerez feel free to bundle it with my hilt

also : am I the only one who sees a slight duckface there XD ?

Thanks!

No, you're not the only one. I feel it, too. XD

It's the corners of the mouth that's doing it. I'll fix it up while working on the textures...

I was expecting her to look like this:

http://ahsoka114.deviantart.com/art/Ahsoka-Tano-321374556

At least face-wise.

It's actually pretty close to that, but even more realistic. (The eyes are a little big, and the nose is not really accurate in this image.)

It's very hard to please everyone, especially because her original look is completely stylistic as an animated character. Cadellin and I have spent a lot of time working on her face, and interpreting her Clone Wars stylised features into a realistic look -- by comparing her design and features with the rest of the characters. Trying the best that we could, we've come up with this look. I feel it translates her features well into realism:

* No more giant eyes, but her eyes are just as lively and prominent.

* A perky, small and rounded nose, just like in her original look, but as a real human nose now.

* Deep orange skin that feels like dark, black skin -- tanned.

* Thick and dark lips, but as real human lips, that match the shape of her mouth. (Though I need to fix up the corners a bit.)

* Her trademark white birth pattern on her face, accurately portrayed.

* A rounded face and small chin, just like her in the show.

* Her lekkus and montrals, now shaped around a proper human head, but still retaining their shape and their exact blue pattern.

* Her signature headdress, only slightly altered to fit a real human head.

* An athletic and thin body shape that fits her energetic, 16-year-old disposition.

* Clothing textures based on real materials, and her personal signature Padawan outfit made to fit a real human body.

At any rate, that's the best we could do. Feel free to have a go at reskinning her once she's released, if you feel you could try a different interpretation.

Delmi likes this

Here's a little comparison exercise, just for fun. ;)

[Edit: Removed. Bad example. I've taken that screenshot in ModView, and ModView makes her appear very different than she actually is in-game.]

I can see that the lips still need work...