SW:TOR Stances + Animations

WHY has this never been done or mentioned before?!!

I just thought about it while playing TOR, seriously this has to be done!

There are various youtube videos and screenshots that show off the stances and animations.

What I love most though, is what my character does in TOR. My character has 2 sabers (dual weild)

and he has the most awesome running animation for dual weild, seriously, even the standing still stance

is amazing for dual.

When I had one saber I did like how that was too, the animations were nice and the stance too.

Also while playing I came across other players with the Staff Saber, I have to say the running animation

for the staff and idle stance is very epic.

I would really love to see these added into JKA.

I will provide some references below.

scifi-mmo-games-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republ

7518220111031_141908_8_big.jpg

black+and+red+light+saber.jpg

LSxtz13cku59.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

9264.jpg

9192.jpg

5894904_f260.jpg

screenshot_2012-03-06_19_38_52_746502.jp

Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic-306427303.jpg

33wrsee.jpg

SWTOR_Double%20Bladed%20Lightsaber.jpg

10787.jpg

LightsabersWM.jpg

Stances is one thing, but I think SWTOR animations are terrible.

They are probably not to everyone's taste. But this has not been done before with JKA, this is why I'm requesting it, for those who DO like the stances and animations.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not into animating anymore at the moment. I'm not going to pick it up again until some coders make it possible to add saber styles to single player. 

These would be fairly easy to do. So if you want to learn I'll help you. Though I can only run the animating program Dragon at the moment. (Well past 9 years...) Holy smokes has it been that long!?!?

We'll start with a saber stance. I can give you a run file that is easy to manipulate in Dragon once you get that far.

Cerez likes this

WHY has this never been done or mentioned before?!!

I just thought about it while playing TOR, seriously this has to be done!

There are various youtube videos and screenshots that show off the stances and animations.

What I love most though, is what my character does in TOR. My character has 2 sabers (dual weild)

and he has the most awesome running animation for dual weild, seriously, even the standing still stance

is amazing for dual.

When I had one saber I did like how that was too, the animations were nice and the stance too.

Also while playing I came across other players with the Staff Saber, I have to say the running animation

for the staff and idle stance is very epic.

I would really love to see these added into JKA.

I will provide some references below.

scifi-mmo-games-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republ

7518220111031_141908_8_big.jpg

black+and+red+light+saber.jpg

LSxtz13cku59.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

9264.jpg

9192.jpg

5894904_f260.jpg

screenshot_2012-03-06_19_38_52_746502.jp

Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic-306427303.jpg

33wrsee.jpg

SWTOR_Double%20Bladed%20Lightsaber.jpg

10787.jpg

LightsabersWM.jpg

I made some SWTOR themed stances for my Revan (never released the animations). The strong is Warrior stance, medium is the Knight, the other stances are not however SWTOR... I also changed the attacks somewhat. I could send them to you if you would like. 
katanamaru likes this

I made some SWTOR themed stances for my Revan (never released the animations). The strong is Warrior stance, medium is the Knight, the other stances are not however SWTOR... I also changed the attacks somewhat. I could send them to you if you would like. 

Sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind sending them to me as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how you would change up the idle anims for separate single styles like blue, yellow and red since SWTOR only has one anim for single saber. Would you just make put one anim for all the styles?

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...